Deadpool 2:Cable

So the project is not done, mostly I have to work on how it could be assembled. My path was going to plan on molding it, so it wouldn't print ready to assemble, but more as a ready to mold and then assemble. Once I'm done I can sell the files, maybe $20-$30 for all of them. There are some pieces I am not modeling, like the stock and probably the scope. The Kriss Vector body is going to be modeled for sure. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll finish up the model as soon as possible. :)

so you could make a file for a 3D print of the whole BFG? I’m interesting

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I eBay’ed the stock. Made the launchers.flashlight and scope. The rest was 3D printed. A member here made the file for me and I got it printed and cleaned it up and painted it.
Hi) is it possible that you share the 3D print model? I'm currently making the Cable cosplay, the arm is mostly done, the equipment is on the way, still I got stuck with maing BFG. I'd really appreciate your help plzplz
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
So I've been doing a lot of work on my model, thanks to a lot of new reference pictures, I was able to get the top shroud screen accurate. I toyed with the notion of just not modeling the stock and buying the real one, but that changed. I also made the shrouds have their own system of rails to sort of "slide" onto each other for placement once printed, make sense? Now that I have a couple of requests to buy my files, I decided what the hell, I'll learn to sculpt in Fusion 360 in one night! So the stock is modeled off of.. I believe a 1928 removable stock, it has some funkier curves to it (Kinda like Cable's, also his was a removable Tompson production). Even though once it is printed it will definitely need to be sanded because lol modeling (wouldn't let me create a perfectly smooth seam), there are good weathering techniques to create a "wood" look. I still have to work on the accuracy of the Kriss Vector, since its the part everyone really cares about. At the moment the side with none of the attachments is kinda....naked....it's a work in progress, especially the turn it up to 11 nob. So is anyone else interested in these files? And if so, do you want the scopes (Main and red dot) modeled in as well? The picatinny rail is scaled to a real one so BOOM, you could add a real scope. Anyhoo, still some work to be done before I put it up on CGTrader for sale, by the way, the price for the files will be $30. Everything included and a video showing how to put this thing together roughly. When I say everything, I mean all the launchers, flashlights, and shrouds, it's everything (no monkey business hehehe). That concludes my second brain and knowledge dump into this forum. Great work from everyone here, by far my favorite forum yet. Keep up the great work y'all! The_BFG_2018-Jul-07_05-02-31AM-000_CustomizedView10889638284_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_05-07-15AM-000_CustomizedView2265088899_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_05-10-19AM-000_CustomizedView15293567220_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_05-11-45AM-000_CustomizedView2636151187_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_05-12-32AM-000_CustomizedView16638838652_jpg.jpg

-Jake

So I've been doing a lot of work on my model, thanks to a lot of new reference pictures, I was able to get the top shroud screen accurate. I toyed with the notion of just not modeling the stock and buying the real one, but that changed. I also made the shrouds have their own system of rails to sort of "slide" onto each other for placement once printed, make sense? Now that I have a couple of requests to buy my files, I decided what the hell, I'll learn to sculpt in Fusion 360 in one night! So the stock is modeled off of.. I believe a 1928 removable stock, it has some funkier curves to it (Kinda like Cable's, also his was a removable Tompson production). Even though once it is printed it will definitely need to be sanded because lol modeling (wouldn't let me create a perfectly smooth seam), there are good weathering techniques to create a "wood" look. I still have to work on the accuracy of the Kriss Vector, since its the part everyone really cares about. At the moment the side with none of the attachments is kinda....naked....it's a work in progress, especially the turn it up to 11 nob. So is anyone else interested in these files? And if so, do you want the scopes (Main and red dot) modeled in as well? The picatinny rail is scaled to a real one so BOOM, you could add a real scope. Anyhoo, still some work to be done before I put it up on CGTrader for sale, by the way, the price for the files will be $30. Everything included and a video showing how to put this thing together roughly. When I say everything, I mean all the launchers, flashlights, and shrouds, it's everything (no monkey business hehehe). That concludes my second brain and knowledge dump into this forum. Great work from everyone here, by far my favorite forum yet. Keep up the great work y'all! View attachment 829037View attachment 829038View attachment 829039View attachment 829040View attachment 829041

-Jake

perfect)))) plz write me as aoon as you finish, I'm here for your 3D model only)) my mail is svettumanova@gmail.com
Though I'll still be here once in a while.
As for the scope, I'd like to have everything modeled, so I can just print it and put together.
Thanks))

All right! Update time! After the request of adding the scope, I complied. Overall the entire rifle is about 95% done, the scope is about 99% there. Only thing left to do is to finish the stock attachment mechanism, glass to the scope, add the 11 nob, some more picatinny rails (as if Cable doesn't have enough), and then to make an instruction video. I wanted to see what it would look like with color so I added in the appearances to give me an idea of what it will look like, enjoy!
The_BFG_2018-Jul-07_08-54-41PM-000_CustomizedView24006579003_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_08-55-28PM-000_CustomizedView6066757867_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_08-55-51PM-000_CustomizedView7133471688_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_08-56-11PM-000_CustomizedView23206473918_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_08-56-38PM-000_CustomizedView35345747994_jpg.jpgThe_BFG_2018-Jul-07_08-57-16PM-000_CustomizedView17936994396_jpg.jpg

-Jake

All right ladies and gentlemen! The file is up for sale. After countless hours of sourcing and modeling, it is complete. Over 30 parts make up this kit.

Here is the link for the instructional video to assemble the rifle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THb8GraV4TQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is the link to buy the rifle off of CGTrader: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/other/bfg-rifle-from-deadpool-2

Once again, big thank you to everyone on this forum, I could not have done this without your help. So thats that, thats my contribution this this great forum. Hope y'all enjoy the model if you choose to buy it. Thank you!

-Jake

The_BFG_2018-Jul-08_06-00-30PM-000_CustomizedView16522837059_png.png

P.S. If you can't buy the file off of CGTrader, PM me and tell me what's happening when you try to buy it (The payment method on my part may be screwed up)

All right ladies and gentlemen! The file is up for sale. After countless hours of sourcing and modeling, it is complete. Over 30 parts make up this kit.

Here is the link for the instructional video to assemble the rifle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THb8GraV4TQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is the link to buy the rifle off of CGTrader: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/other/bfg-rifle-from-deadpool-2

Once again, big thank you to everyone on this forum, I could not have done this without your help. So thats that, thats my contribution this this great forum. Hope y'all enjoy the model if you choose to buy it. Thank you!

-Jake

View attachment 829309

P.S. If you can't buy the file off of CGTrader, PM me and tell me what's happening when you try to buy it (The payment method on my part may be screwed up)

Great model; I look forward to seeing how they turn out after printing!

Work has been keeping me from play, so not a lot of progress over the past week. Still have to take these to the belt sander to bring the cuts down just a smidge. They’ll end up resting against the Kriss perfectly, but they’re actually pretty close now. (Remember: measure twice, cut once)

tumblr_pbogwbDiud1sjdnvro1_1280.jpgtumblr_pbogwbDiud1sjdnvro2_1280.jpgtumblr_pbogwbDiud1sjdnvro3_1280.jpg

I still have to take the back half of the upper shroud to the table saw (or even band saw at this point, but due to how often I move, I still haven’t been able to settle and fill out a shop of my own, just have the smaller basics). I’ve figured how I’ll be mounting the M82 barrel and connecting the shrouds, just need to snag some hardware. Also need to powdercoat the XM203, order the Fenix, and pick up a couple rails / sling swivels / bits to replicate the accesorries. I should have this ready well before Chicago Comic Con!

tumblr_pbogwbDiud1sjdnvro4_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jake, i had buy the project but i can't find the scope...

- - - Updated - - -

-Jake

View attachment 829309

Hi Jake, i had buy the project but i can't find the scope...

Awesome job with your arm @StarLord1985!

Alright, I had to work all weekend, so I took the day off to knock out some more of my Cable goodies. I also have a couple things I managed to whip up over the past week in what little free time I had. One thing was casting one of my neck prosthetics in a new material, liquid latex.

For my side neck prosthetic, I sculpted it out of clay, then made a silicon mold of Oomoo 30. Apparently I forgot to take any pictures of that part. This was my first time sculpting and mold-makong in over a decade, so it didn’t turn out as pretty as I would have liked, but it’ll do for now.

tumblr_pb3bgiRUzo1sjdnvro1_1280.jpgtumblr_pb3bgiRUzo1sjdnvro2_1280.jpg

I mixed grey acrylic paint in with the liquid latex, to give me a nice base color in case the final paint cracks while in costume. I then proceeded to fill the mold... which is not advisable when dealing with this material. When I do it again, I will apply thin layers, letting them dry between each application. Either way, it worked okay, and the liquid latex is a lot more flexible when turning my head, etc.

tumblr_pc2scwaM5U1sjdnvro1_1280.jpg tumblr_pc2r9cvi3B1sjdnvro2_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2raacyfm1sjdnvro2_r1_1280.jpg

Just need to paint it, then I’ll fully apply it and field test the sucker.

My swivel bases came in today for the “Anglosized” swivel mount. I went with a Blackhawk brand, but the pins aren’t silver which makes me think Kenney used a different brand. Oh well. Got that all installed on my current stock, and it won’t be a problem to switch when I buy the correct stock. One note: be sure to buy a Lok-Down with the mount included. I should have paid more attention to what I was buying.

tumblr_pc2scwaM5U1sjdnvro2_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2scwaM5U1sjdnvro3_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro1_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro3_1280.jpg

My 45 degree red dot mount scope ring came in today. Unfortunately it doesn’t fit the mount that’s on the BFG, so I’ll have to figure something else out for that. It’s an amazing piece, so I’ll put it to use on some other project.

tumblr_pc2s91aILz1sjdnvro4_1280.jpg

I did end up getting the upper and lower shrouds cut and sanded. So most of today has been me learning how to braze aluminum in hopes of getting that upper shroud to become one solid piece.

tumblr_pc2r9cvi3B1sjdnvro3_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2r9cvi3B1sjdnvro5_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro6_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro7_1280.jpg

Unfortunately, while trying to attach two scraps from my upper shroud for a material test, I was melting the actual shroud before I could melt the brazing rod. Part of me wonders if it has something to do with the coating dissipating heat, or if they just used a **** metal. Direct brazing may be out of the picture, but one of my original ideas was to run aluminum rod through the shroud and mount both parts to that. So I attempted that, and surprisingly it worked!

tumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro4_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro5_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro9_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro10_1280.jpg

For such a small area that I brazed, it’s holding incredibly well! That means I will probably move forward with this method, but I’m going to sleep on it before I do anything irriversable on the shroud.

tumblr_pc2s91aILz1sjdnvro2_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2s91aILz1sjdnvro3_1280.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, I decided to bring a couple extra props along when I wear the Cable costume.. because Time Travelers never say “die”! It took a surprisingly long time to find a bandana with the exact pattern Brolin wore in the movie. However, like One-Eyed Willy’s treasure, it was eventually found. I can’t wait to bust these out in costume and see if any con-goers get the reference.

tumblr_pc2s91aILz1sjdnvro5_1280.jpgtumblr_pc2s91aILz1sjdnvro1_640.png

Attachments

• tumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pc2qyoA4b11sjdnvro8_1280.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
@toggle47 my 45degree mounts did not fit either. So i took them and machined it to fit properly. Your work looks awesome dude.

In that case I’ll try modifying mine as well and see what I can do, since this was the closest mount I was able to find over the past few weeks. I just checked and its 6061, so I should be good.

Thanks, that’s very kind of you to say! What you and the rest of the folks working on Deadpool 2 did to bring Cable to life was inspiring. He was always a favorite character of mine since the 90s, so I really want to do justice to what you all have created (especially your gun haha)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back