Deadpool 2:Cable

Has anyone attempted to make one of Cable's disc shaped light up beeping grenades? I thought they'd make a cool little accessory to carry in my eventual cosplay if I'm able to figure out how to make it actually light up and beep like it does in the film. Perhaps someone with the blu-ray can get better high quality screen grabs of it, I was only able to take pictures of it with my phone off my television. He uses them when first arriving in the prison to blow up the security office, uses them again when fighting Deadpool when he pulls the pin, and once more when he's on board the convoy that's transporting Russell. Maybe kcpstudio can provide some insight as well?

disc grenade 1.JPG disc grenade 2.JPG disc grenade 3.JPG disc grenade 4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone attempted to make one of Cable's disc shaped light up beeping grenades? I thought they'd make a cool little accessory to carry in my eventual cosplay if I'm able to figure out how to make it actually light up and beep like it does in the film. Perhaps someone with the blu-ray can get better high quality screen grabs of it, I was only able to take pictures of it with my phone off my television. He uses them when first arriving in the prison to blow up the security office, uses them again when fighting Deadpool when he pulls the pin, and once more when he's on board the convoy that's transporting Russell. Maybe @kcpstudio can provide some insight as well?

View attachment 844588 View attachment 844589 View attachment 844590 View attachment 844591

I did think about it after I saw it a couple extra times. my issue is I made the winter solider circular grenade/explosive once and never used it. this one does look cool and would be great prop. Maybe jklucznik2020 will model it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I’ve got a bit more Time on my hands I’m ramping up the costume for Halloween.

I have an idea that’s been in my mind for the arm. Any input on the idea would be appreciated.

My thought is to make a silicone sheet with the cables impressed on the negative, then use a silicone that’s coloured to match the arm the way I want to make the positive. I can then wrap this around my arm. This theoretically would make an arm wrap I can wear that would move with me including all the joints and gaps that have bugged me using real cable wrap.

Anyone tried this?

Now that I’ve got a bit more Time on my hands I’m ramping up the costume for Halloween.

I have an idea that’s been in my mind for the arm. Any input on the idea would be appreciated.

My thought is to make a silicone sheet with the cables impressed on the negative, then use a silicone that’s coloured to match the arm the way I want to make the positive. I can then wrap this around my arm. This theoretically would make an arm wrap I can wear that would move with me including all the joints and gaps that have bugged me using real cable wrap.

Anyone tried this?

What will you make the negative with? I like he idea but it will need to fit you right? Making that sounds like an undertaking.
if you can make the negative it sounds like a solid idea

Can anyone tell me what model their Grenade pouches are or where you got them from? I’ve been crafting this costume for months but I can’t find anything even remotely close to his!

Just came from San Antonio Comic Con, wore my suit and BFG, after 2hrs I was tired of lugging this BFG around. It was heavy as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll post pictures of my BFG soon. It was a hard build but loved every minute of it.

Attachments

• E91561BD-0628-46CA-A5B0-7F1868C61F27.jpeg
    E91561BD-0628-46CA-A5B0-7F1868C61F27.jpeg
    757.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 115F51FE-6C3D-4367-97BB-83FAA48C123E.jpeg
    115F51FE-6C3D-4367-97BB-83FAA48C123E.jpeg
    762.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 51D930A5-FF12-4268-BE60-583FC1968090.jpeg
    51D930A5-FF12-4268-BE60-583FC1968090.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 251
So had some health things that unfortunately put a hold on a lot of my progress, but things are looking a lot better now so I'm back to see how everyone's builds are going. Everything is looking AWESOME since I've been gone! Great job to everyone!!!

I've got a few more medical bills to pay off, then I am going to finally finish my arm and BFG! This is quite possibly the longest time I've spent on a single build in my whole life (though slightly out of my control haha). Here's where I've left off:

tumblr_pn20smOscG1sjdnvro9_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn20smOscG1sjdnvro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn20smOscG1sjdnvro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn20smOscG1sjdnvro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn20ypSpnV1sjdnvro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn20ypSpnV1sjdnvro3_1280.jpg

I finally got the entire thing reinforced. It's sitting just under 20lbs, and is build like a brick ****-house. I've dropped it MULTIPLE times from 3-5 feet in the air (I mean the sucker is HEAVY, accidents happen ha) and she doesn't even rattle. I can hold the entire weight of the rifle from each and every individual accessory and rail. Also, the stock FINALLY slides on and off easily using the actual 1928 hardware!

Not sure if this will work, but I tried to make a GIF of the disassembly:
giphy.gif

Mindbomb, I think the only thing that the time travel device says is the brand "Carl F. Bucherer", the Swiss luxury watch brand. I did some digging last year and have a sneaking suspicion that they only paid for the plug and didn't help develop the piece. If I have some free time soon, I'll pop in the blu ray and take a closer look.

Glad to finally be back and look forward to digging through the RPF to see what else has been built since I've been gone!

agree with Sundowner , this is fantastic!!. you and Soulinertia ........ wow.

I have a foam build that magnetizes to my plate carrier I need tp get some pics posted. but again this is fantastic!!!

Thanks guys, I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done it without everyone active in this thread.

That’s genius, with a stunt-esque version to quickly hang off your back! I feel like the Ice Box costume totally needs a magnetic BFG! I can’t wait to see it

Quick question to the guys who have finish their guns. Im about 80% done on my build and hunting down a 3d file for the guitar knob base and the 2x chips. or what has people used to scratch build this item? Any help would be great cheers.

Quick question to the guys who have finish their guns. Im about 80% done on my build and hunting down a 3d file for the guitar knob base and the 2x chips. or what has people used to scratch build this item? Any help would be great cheers.

Realized I didn’t take any pictures of finishing that piece. I covered the start of the part in the first half of this post here: www.therpf.com/forums/threads/deadpool-2-cable.280302/page-7#post-4502404

This is how it turned out:
tumblr_pnwxq3BzNH1sjdnvro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pnwxq3BzNH1sjdnvro2_1280.jpg

As for the chips, I used the handle off of a plastic pitcher (the blue tape was just to keep it from getting scratched too much while handling it). Sliced out a number of pieces wand picked my favorite shapes.

tumblr_pnwxq3BzNH1sjdnvro6_r1_1280.jpg

Then I popped on to good ol’ Google and image searched “ciruitry” or something like that, until I found a picture I liked. Printed the picture out in a scale that worked for me, then just glued that to the back of the plastic pieces. After that, I just painted the base and glued it all together. The back piece of the base snapped off at some point, instead of replacing it or repainting the back, I just left it, it’s barely noticeable when out on the con floor.

That got attached to a quick-detach mount like the light, and just pops on and off the rails.

Doesn’t look super pretty up close, but it looks really great when it isn’t the focus of a giant picture haha (the excessive use of hot glue is barely noticeable ;) )

And if you don’t have aluminum laying about, cardboard/wood/plastic/foam or any other material would probably work just fine.

Also, snap some pictures of your progress! I’d love to see how your BFG is coming along!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back