Deadpool 2:Cable

JLeezy23

Sr Member
So, lots of hype for the Deadpool sequel that releases next year, thought I'd make a research thread for Josh Brolin's character Cable! His outfit looks very grounded, most items look easily accessible as they seem to be store bought. The "BFG" rifle however, looks AWESOME and is custom build from various weapons and scratch made items.

Pour all knowledge of Cable's props/costume here!

IMG_20170810_184058.jpg

IMG_20170810_184036.jpg

IMG_20170810_184009.jpg

I also ran across a studio accepting commissions for the bionic arm
http://www.ajlarmoursandcosplay.co.uk/
FB_IMG_1502415925079.jpg

I was worried that was a cheap LPAEG with all screw holes on the side that you typically see in those cheaply made undersized clones.

Pretty sure it's 1:1 scale. 36.5" OAL. I'll let you know when it comes in.

oh not here i dont think. That aeg in canada is about 600 bucks retail and you cant import directly.

Wait, what are you picturing here?

I've seen some GBB for $550-600, but the AEGs on ebay are around $100-120.

Unsure of the quality. I'll post pics once it comes in.

krissvector.jpg

See here's the stupid thing about Canadian replica laws. I could go buy a real Kriss Vector right now, even the 5.5 barrel SBR with my restricted (might have to wait a couple of days). But I can't import that AEG. I have to go to an airsoft place that will mark it up 200% and probably wont even carry the cheaps ones.

I wanted to reply to a few of the comments from KCP in the other thread.

Here goes.

Hint ... I made the rifle so Brolin can "pull a DEADSHOT move with another little treat on the rifle". With all the pics the studio is releasing, I'm sure it's only a matter of time you guys pick up on it.

If I'm not mistaken, do you mean parts are built into the gun so he can tilt the rifle and use a second set of sighting tools. Like this?

deadshot_sights.jpg

I chuckled when I saw this in the film. David Ayer is a gun guy, but I suspect this came from Taran Butler (who trained Smith for the movie) as it's a very common setup/practice for pro shooters.

9042069.jpg

"Transformers... more than meets the eye"

I know you can't clarify this, but if I'm reading that correctly, this is a gun that can change it's shape? Or Cable can change it's shape telekinetically? Because if so, I kind of love that idea and look forward to seeing that in action. It would be an pretty cool way to explain why he's never had the same gun, even within the same story some times it changes.

For those who may not know, Cable, in the comics, is a telepath and has telekenesis.

The scope is a 3-9X32 variable with a laser aiming module. Evike has them on sale for $75 right now.

aim-57795.jpg

Other companies sell this scope with thier brand on it as well, and it's the same thing or something very close.

EDIT: The looks of that sideways mounted red dot, you're going to need scope rings with rails, and maybe a slanted rail that attaches to the side rail. :)

airsoft_NCS_ScopeRail_45_A.jpg

gs-1008.jpg

533.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, NC Star makes these, or versions of them, and they are the kind of thing that is easy to find on ebay and amazon, and not expensive at all.

Last edited:
What are the two red panels by the guitar knob? At first I thought they were big red rocker switches but they don't seem to have any dimension to them.

I wanted to reply to a few of the comments from KCP in the other thread.

Here goes.

If I'm not mistaken, do you mean parts are built into the gun so he can tilt the rifle and use a second set of sighting tools. Like this?

View attachment 750984

I chuckled when I saw this in the film. David Ayer is a gun guy, but I suspect this came from Taran Butler (who trained Smith for the movie) as it's a very common setup/practice for pro shooters.

I got a kick out of it when Deadshot used the Canted Irons. The whole point is to transition from a Magnified Optic to Irons or a RDS quickly, so from that Eotech to Irons was pointless.

Guaranteed my setup is not pointless. :) I totally know what you're saying about Deadshot. My setup was an Easter egg. See, I wanted to work on Suicide Squad but didn't. I was a little bummed. When I got on Deadpool, I hung that over the prop master's head that he didn't use me on Suicide Squad. See, it's the same prop master. I had worked with him before on other projects and I did great work for him. So I busted his balls and told him I wanted Ryan's swords, I wanted to redesign his guns, and I wanted Cable's gun which was promised to me on the first film. I got my way. :)

So, I added the Easter Egg.

It will be cool in due time.

I got a kick out of it when Deadshot used the Canted Irons. The whole point is to transition from a Magnified Optic to Irons or a RDS quickly, so from that Eotech to Irons was pointless.

From a real world point of view, absolutely pointless. But that's the deal with movies. They often portray stuff that is pointless in real life as looking pretty cool on the big screen. That's one of the reasons I love movies as much as I do. They ain't real.

I remember the first time I saw somebody with this setup in the pro shooter world. I thought it was a really interesting solution to a very specific problem.

Hint... I'm just going to leave this here....

"Transformers... more than meets the eye"

aww, this is just so vague man. I've been thinking about it for the past few days, and I'm just not getting it. I know you can't be too specific, but are we supposed to be looking for a transformer toy part or a car part? Like part of a transformer from the movie? Or something else entirely that's not even specifically transformers related?

From this angle, looks pretty bulky.

430F8ED100000578-0-image-m-39_1502170405307.jpg

I also saw a pic of him pointing the gun right at the camera on instagram, but now I can't find it. Looked like a giant flashlight with two small flashlights on the side.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back