Deadpool 2:Cable

Looking good so far Malibu139 :thumbsup

I used a left over aluminum rod I had lying around from some pendant lights to make the lower barrel:

a9lOuow.jpg

Even had this little nut for the end piece. It's threaded so I might add a flash hider at some point just to change it up a bit.

Not sure if I want to paint the barrel black or not. I kind of like it silver.

FS6g6gX.jpg

Attachments

• FS6g6gX.jpg
    FS6g6gX.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:
Its not perfect , and I will have to figure out a way to attach and piece some of this together but I am excited about this build.
it will take some sanding , a pass of xtc-3d and maybe some bondo but the print is pretty good.
plan to make the 2 launchers from pvc and foam, beef up the scope with larger diameter pvc, make the phoenix from a cheep flashlight ,pvcand foam, and 3d print some finer details

IMG_20171010_125046714 (004).jpgIMG_20171010_125110963 (002).jpg

Malibu139

Very cool. When I was first asked to build Cable’s gun, truth be told.... I didn’t really care for it. But while fabricating it, i liked it more and more. Due to live fire concerns, I had to make changes on the fly from the initial art, but in the end it turned out pretty cool.

Same sentiments Kenney.
it was like: take these parts and draw it up as Cable would have put them together to make something badass.
Actually that discussion took a lot longer than that sentence but you know how meetings get with everyone involved.
The only thing that didn’t take long to discuss was who could put it all together..... and that only took four words “Kenney could do it”

@Malibu139

Very cool. When I was first asked to build Cable’s gun, truth be told.... I didn’t really care for it. But while fabricating it, i liked it more and more. Due to live fire concerns, I had to make changes on the fly from the initial art, but in the end it turned out pretty cool.

Same sentiments Kenney.
it was like: take these parts and draw it up as Cable would have put them together to make something badass.
Actually that discussion took a lot longer than that sentence but you know how meetings get with everyone involved.
The only thing that didn’t take long to discuss was who could put it all together..... and that only took four words “Kenney could do it”

Really cool input here! thanks !

RAYGUNMFG

Ha ha ha.... yeah, Tom uses those words a lot as well. In the end, the build was fun. Had to make some changes to the position of the items because the stuff was digging in Brolin’s back. Ha ha ha! Suck it up, Josh! Loved him in MIB!

Sweet. I am cheapin' out on the scope as well as the launchers.

Made the xm203 and the m203 short. Working on a way to get them attached
The sizing is close but not perfect.
Soulinertia that close up is great , probably going to 3 print the panel and the dial.
IMG_20171015_122043318.jpgIMG_20171015_185425499.jpgIMG_20171015_185524271.jpgIMG_20171015_185649669_HDR.jpg

I'll post here as well for the benefit of all:

Soulinertia said:
mmglLCc.jpg

I know you can't say much, but can you at least tell us if this is a found piece or something scratch built? I just need to know weather or not I should spend my time looking for something like this or just build it myself. Looks like an aluminum plate. I'm guessing it's custom? I tried to take out the red off camera light here. Looks like those rectangular pieces might just be reflective, a clear or silver that is reflecting the red light? Also it looks like these same two rectangles might be on the other side of the gun from the on-set pics I've seen. Any info at all you can shed on this will be helpful in completing our builds.

Thanks again for all you've done!

- Jeremy

Thanks kpstudio and soulinertia,
I have been trying to get the sizing right on that piece, I think the next one will get it. I needs to be slightly taller and a little longer.
I have finally got an assembly plan and have the first pass of filler on the really rough spots.
getting there though.

IMG_20171030_072925987.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back