Deadpool 2:Cable

Almost done. Couple more detail pieces to glue on and some brush painting. then on to the gun.

View attachment 757440

That arm is looking great! Im gonna use your idea! Not sure what kind of paint your using, but I've painted loom like that in the past, and it flakes off eventually.(like with pvc tubes) What I found to prevent that is to plastidip the loom before painting, or mix some liquid latex in your paint.

Okay, I'm going to add some pointers on the way people are thinking when trying to find parts.

1. My rifle is darn heavy. Nearly 30 lbs.
2. Barrett M82 muzzle break is heavy. A thought.....If I were thinking of the actors and stunt guys, I would not choose to add this. Especially to the end of the weapon. Airsoft ones are plastic for the most part or weak aluminum or cast zinc garbage and way to risky to use with blanks. If I were me, (and I am) I would CAD off a real Barret MB, and machine my own out of an aircraft grade aluminum. I have a ton of real M82 MBs and M95 MBs that I was going to use. (Literally thousands of dollars worth of Barrett MBs) In fact I was originally going to use the M95 but it is way too wide and made the weapon look way out of place. However, both are extremely heavy.
3. Everything I use must be safe for the actors and stunt people. I use airsoft when I can get away with it and it doesn't involve blanks. That's just common sense to not use airsoft parts for "firing components".
4. I do modify some airsoft components from time to time to firing certain specially modified rounds that exhaust "gas" or "smoke" or "sparks" or "flashes". This involves tearing down the component into its parts, replacing with custom machines parts, then most of the time changing the entire finish with gun coatings. It may look like a certain off the shelf item but it's not actually that one.
5. If I'm using live fire blanks, I will never use airsoft stocks! I will never cast plastic butt stocks and paint to look like wood. I will machine wood and metal or I will use 100% real stocks... even if I have to modify them in some way for the look I need. There are MORE than one type of Thompson stocks out there. My stock does NOT have the through bolt which is indicative of a specific stock and the butt plate is different. There is a "connection" between Ryan's Desert Eagles I made and Cable's butt stock. Figure that out and you got your stock. :)

- - - Updated - - -

In my last post... what I meant was... "add some pointers to help with the way you should be thinking".

Maybe the stock is a wooden Uzi stock, since it was built by IMI and they also built the Desert Eagle, maybe that is the connection kcpstudio was referring to.

Here's my Breakdown, and what I'm using for my build. (Minus the Moscart Launcher, I'm building that to save $)
Only part I cant identify yet is the Flashlight thingy, lol. And based off kcpstudio posts, it wont be easy to identify OR find. (the transformers hint didn't help me, lol)
BROLINS BFG.jpg

That arm is looking great! Im gonna use your idea! Not sure what kind of paint your using, but I've painted loom like that in the past, and it flakes off eventually.(like with pvc tubes) What I found to prevent that is to plastidip the loom before painting, or mix some liquid latex in your paint.

Thanks, I based with rustoleum x2 gloss black paint plus primer. Then rustoleum silver metallic. On top of that I used testors graphite grey metalice. then dusted on top of that with the silver metallic again lightly.

the silver parts are plastidiped then rustoleum titanium silver metallic.

will weather it with brush on acrylic.

I hope it doesn't flake but I bet it will eventually.

I must say I'm enjoying reading about you guys pulling all this apart. Definitely fun chillin with you all. I'm throwing a Halloween party in Oct and I'm thinking about Malibu139's execution of the arm. Mainly because it's the only thing I don't have for Cable's costume if I wanted to go as him.

On a side note. Does anyone of a Magpul FPG they could loan me so I could scan and CAD it? I used my last one of a film and now I need to make more. So, I figured I would cad and machine the parts.

Maverick313

I used Magnum Research Desert Eagles for Ryan's guns.... not IMIs. Man, I wish I could tell you guys more about this darn gun but I can't. At least not now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Maverick313

I used Magnum Research Desert Eagles for Ryan's guns.... not IMIs. Man, I wish I could tell you guys more about this darn gun but I can't. At least not now. :)

No worries! This has been a fun build, thanks for sharing anything, it's awesome that your interacting with is at all, and it must be fun seeing us go crazy trying to identify parts off of long distance, grainy, slightly out of focus set pics, lol.

I'm thinking the bit above the smaller grenade launcher might be a night vision scope or I could be way off, lol...all part of the build, waiting for more pics to surface, hoping to get that perfect clear shot of the mystery part, lol.

I must say I'm enjoying reading about you guys pulling all this apart. Definitely fun chillin with you all. I'm throwing a Halloween party in Oct and I'm thinking about Malibu139's execution of the arm. Mainly because it's the only thing I don't have for Cable's costume if I wanted to go as him..

Well at least the BFG will be easy for YOU. lol

Thanks for the info u can give and posting here. I think lots of us are enjoying it as well.

I am with Zombie Hadouken , this build has been fun so far and I haven't even started the BFG...
I think I am calling the arm done for now. I got the last detail pieces on and the weathering/detail painting completed.
Here it is.
dpc1.jpgdpc2.jpgdpc3.jpgdpc4.jpgdpc5.jpg

I pulled my sons favorite bear from storage
I have a toy glock from a crossbones build and another stand in toy for the sig.
I plan to make both holsters and the 3 taco mag holders from foam.
I am making the 3 grenades from pvc

Then the BFG

Okay.... so I've been giving it some thought and I figured I would throw a bone at you guys and show a "behind the sense" fabrication pic of my mill hacking away some of Cable's gun.

Deadpool Machining .jpg

- - - Updated - - -

....if you look close enough, you just might make out some section bits on the floor left over from additional setups.

Keep in mind I designed those rails from scratch. They are not a found item. I used multiple different hole patterns on the rails. I did run with a key-mod for mounting. Not the best mounting but the coolest looking. And, a pain to machine because there is a back cut that has to be done on each hole/slot because they actually function like real rails. If you have a key-mod rail on one of your guns, take a look on the inside detail of the holes and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The other issue I ran into was the length I needed for the rails. The longest rail out there is under 16". This was nowhere near what I needed for the top rail. Also, the top rail, I ran with all holes and key-mod mounting slots. Whereas the bottom rail, I ran with slots and holes along with key-mod mounting slots.

I had to make the entire thing modular for certain reasons and it had to be able to mount to live fire guns as well as replica guns. That was a challenge because dimensionally the two Vectors are different.

Ooo... this is fun. Sure about that stock? Second, sure about that launcher? Third, you sure about Barrett? Lol

So now it's time to play a game. Who's in?

I did test firing of Ryan's Desert Eagles before and after modding his guns. I have all the test casings. The first one to positively identify all the correct items I used and modified will get a shell casing which I will engrave with my autograph and DP2 on it. This will be one of the casings right from one of his hero firing guns I built.

I don't have ***king clue about guns, but can I have a shell casing just for the sheer audacity of asking?

funkster

Sorry brother... no can do. At least not at this time. Who knows where this character will end up or when the studio will be done with his guns.

The other issue I ran into was the length I needed for the rails. The longest rail out there is under 16". This was nowhere near what I needed for the top rail. Also, the top rail, I ran with all holes and key-mod mounting slots. Whereas the bottom rail, I ran with slots and holes along with key-mod mounting slots.

That explains it. Lol, I was wondering if you'd made that top rail custom... (not sure how I'm going to duplicate it, maybe cut an extra rail peice to size and hide the connection with the scope mount)

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Soulinertia has made a huge find! Congrats bro on identifying one of the parts on the rifle. And a part that weighs a ****ing ton and with the power to blind the sun itself. He has identified the flashlight I used on the rifle.

With that said, good luck finding one for sale. I bought what I could find on the planet. And, these darn things aren't cheap. But if you find one, I highly recommended it for home defense use. It is blinding. So powerful, it has heat sinks to keep it cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding. Go to ebay... there's a million of them there. But not cheap.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back