Deadpool 2:Cable

Guys I apologize . that was not my experience. if I had experienced anything like that I would have mentioned it. My frustration was with customer service and order delays not fraudulent charges. again I am sorry

You didn't take my card number... It's all fine. My bank immediately reversed everything and will investigate on my behalf.

Guys I apologize . that was not my experience. if I had experienced anything like that I would have mentioned it. My frustration was with customer service and order delays not fraudulent charges. again I am sorry

You didn't take my card number... It's all fine. My bank immediately reversed everything and will investigate on my behalf.

Malibu it's all your fault!!! Kidding.. it's fine.. just super frustrating lol.

Jackal.. wow.. I'm calling this site today. Either they know and are the ones doing it or were hacked,

In other news... I started my first cybernetic arm, using foam and worbla for the first time! Lets see how it goes. My plan is to create the individual parts and assemble them around my gloved arm. I sure could use some direction on making the fingers though.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/894/27410823997_f38597b6df_h.jpgCable by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/982/41379500405_0481e8b3af_h.jpgCable by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/894/27410826377_883df0749a_h.jpgCable by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/966/27410823777_1da88e00a8_h.jpgCable by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

Looking Good!!

Did just a little more work on the arm last night. It's going to be a little bit free form, but should get the message across. I sanded down the edges so they have more crisp edges.The worbla primer I used just peeled off though, and didn't allow me to smooth it out like metal.

I'm guessing the next attempt is to use a fiberglass resin to add a more sandable surface to get the smooth look I'm going for. Any input would be great.

I notices some lights coming from the arm in the movie and am thinking of adding a thin sheet of opaque plastic in one of the base layer holes to push some light through. That will be a detail I'll look at later though.

Another piece done.

Cable2 by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

Here's how they will fit together.

Cable2 by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

HI All,

really following the conversation. in my country, guns arent allowed, no airsoft, nothing, only nerfs. So I usually built it from scratch. I use a Alucobond to get the structure and then i glue foam on it. This technique worked well for the previous weapons I made.
IMG_7847.JPG
Now I need to cut it out

I have been having problems working with the Worbla. I can't get it as smooth as I really want, so I decided to use some of the imperfections and make the arm a bit on the "battle worn" side. Last night I put an hour or two into seeing how the arm will finish up, and will continue layering on the pieces later.

So far I'm happy. A couple layers of paint, and lots of Rub n' Buff in various colours have got the first couple parts looking like.....

Cable 3 by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

Cable 3 by Duane Jacka, on Flickr

I decided Thursday that I wanted to make Cable for Megacon on Saturday. I pulled and all nighter and sourced this thread heavily. Thought I'd share my results. I ended up gluing 2 nerf guns and some trash to gather and I made the poncho from scratch. I definitely want to refine the whole thing as I have more time, but it was super fun to wear!
IMG_20180527_081841_597.jpg20180526_172133.jpg
20180525_145327.jpg
20180526_141754.jpg

Last edited:
Okay gents... i have to correct myself. Originally, I had made the comment that the more “canon” spot for the chip set on Cable’s rifle would be the left rear. Both that location and above the charging handle are technically correct. Because the chips set was mounted to both locations during filming. I know it was a pain when charging the live fire guns.

Anyway, after seeing the film a second time and paying attention to the continuity, it’s clear above the charging handle is more canon. It’s funny because i had to go back and double check and im the guy that built the ****ing rifle.

I’ve started sculpting scars for my cable cosplay and will try to mold them once they are the way I want them, I hope to have them done soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
Hey all! I have been following this thread for a while and there are a few things I have noticed and would like to share with everyone.

First; Cable's pistols are Walther PPQ Q5 Match (the ported slide is a dead giveaway). As the Q5 isn't available in airsoft (as far as I can tell), the regular PPQ airsoft pistol would be the closest one could get.

Next up is Cable's shirt; in the 'Meet Cable' trailer, in promo pics like the one with Brolin posing with 'Tiny Deadpool' and in the prison scenes it looks to be an Under Armour Men's HeatGear Printed Short Sleeve Compression Shirt in graphite/black, (can be found on Under Armour's website or on ebay).

Another part I stumbled upon is that Cable's gloves seem to be Campstoor tactical hard knuckle gloves (can be found on amazon for about $12).

Also, one idea I have for his boots: if anybody is like me and finds it hard to modify/are afraid of messing the boots up during modification (that can be a spendy mistake lol), a good alternative would be to use leather military boot gaiters. They offer a similar look while not being a permanent part of the boot (and the gaiters can be modified more cheaply than the boots themselves).

If anybody has any questions, feel free to send a message!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back