Batsuit WIP

sktchwlkr

So I'm going to use this thread to show progress of a Batsuit I'm building from scratch. It started about 5 yrs ago as a halloween costume but every now and then I've since gone back to it, continuing to revise and slowly making it into something legit. Instead of just buying pieces, I'm relying on my skills as a craftsman.
So far, the only piece that's well established is the head piece of the cowl. It started out as paper with a layer of duct tape, then fabric sown onto it. After a period of experimenting, it's now a combination of cloth and a constructive adhesive called 'liquidnails'. Weird I know. The cowl is a thin layer of LN-cloth-then an outer, thicker layer of LN that I sculpted into to create all the detail. The headpiece is fairly rigid but has some flexibility to it. It's nothing like foam latex however, but it retains shape extremely well and acts like a helmet. It's also easy to modify by sanding down or adding more LN. In fact, the images you see aren't current. I'm in the middle of reshaping the ears and adding detail to the scowl. It's extremely easy to get on with a velcro chinstrap, and the lenses are able to be taken out or put in depending on the situation.

The neck part will be the next thing I tackle and something I may need some input for from anyone willing to give some advice. The plan is for the neck piece to be a fabric faceless mask, that has the same shape as the lower part of the cowl on most iterations, that the cowl slips over and possibly attaches to via velcro, with foam to bulk up the muscles of the neck. It'll either slip over my head or connected in the back via velcro or a zipper, not sure yet. Also I'd want to match the texture/sheen of both parts but am unsure how to do that or what material to use. Below are a few quick mockups I did that show what it could look like once finished.

If you have any input or questions feel free to shoot!

Last edited:
Not another Batsuit, my Batsuit

Here's another mockup. It shows the added wrinkles in the cheek/nose area. I'm also toying with the idea to build up the lower ear sections, similar to the Hush cowl.

Last edited:
What you've got going is amazing with the cowl!! I personally would not build out the lower ears but that is what's great with personal iterations, no one is really wrong.
I would also build out the neck muscles a bit more to look even more muscular.
If you are using the same method you used on the cowl on other parts please show some pics and description of the stages. One last bit, What is LN cloth?

P.S. SUBSCRIBED!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back