Screen used Vader's helmet from the eps V

And Weedliam, I know some of the guys can be kind of harsh but don't take it personally. We've all made bad purchases and been disappointed. All we can do is try to learn and help others avoid it. Stick around, this can be a cool place.

Thanks for re-posting the images.
I'm sorry to say but the COA not only doesn't belong with that helmet, but it doesn't belong with any helmet in my opinion. It's also simply a fake.
Here. I'll prove it to you. Open up the frame and smell it. Does the certificate smell like paper? or does it smell like the 80's? :) I don't mean that rudely. I'm saying that if it's from the 1980's it will have a distinct old smell similar to other vintage items.

I'm not aware of any COA being offered by Lucasfilm for a screen-used helmet as they would not have sold off 15 helmets like your COA series says. They would have been either destroyed, stolen, or given away to people who worked on the film. Even then, it's more likely that what they would get was a new helmet cast from the molds. After that, it's just recast after recast, modification after modification, or a custom sculpt (like Altmann's).
You have to understand that there are many many industry experts on this forum who's life's pursuit has been to identify and document every screen-used Vader helmet in existence. There are DECADES of information in these threads discussing this very helmet in so much detail that your eyes would cross. People here know what they're talking about.

Can you please share with us WHEN you purchased it? How long have you had it? Who did you buy it from? How much did you pay? If it was recent, you might have some legal recourse since the product is obviously not what it states and the sale was listed with malicious intent to deceive.

A genuine screen-used Vader helmet from ESB would only be sold through a high-end auction house and would go for hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars.

Last edited:
The COA looks to be based off of the old Icons replicas.
download.jpg
They didn't even change the language enough for it to make sense. "the product officially authorized vader helmet", what does that even mean?

Weedliam, thank you for posting. Please stick around the RPF. It's a great community to learn from. Obviously you're a Star Wars fan and into props. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge this community has to offer so you'll be informed on your next acquisition!! The majority of us have gone through what you just did as we entered the prop world.

What he said :) I was a bit worried we might have scared you off :)

There are people who've posted on this thread you can definitely rely on for accuracy's sake. There's not a better place to ask about these things on the 'net.

Thank you for reposting your pics, I don't think anybody wishes to cause any embarrassment or malice with there comments, your pictures will only help this forum and others to see what kind of scams are going on out there, like trooper Trent and el toro said more info on the seller would be invaluable to the forum and others to avoid, when valuable information like you have on this scammer is known WELL !!! It will spread like wild fire through other forums and hopefully stop this scumbag scammer from taking somebody's hard earned cash.
hope to see you more on the forum it's truly a fab place to be

Hey guys sorry i have to delete the pics for my personal purpose. By the way are u 1000% sure? What about the certificate? Theres a howard roffman signature on it and it seems legit as **** to me. How in the world could somebody dare to make this COA? Somebody could go into a prison right? And if its true they did a great job

You could just watch Empire and see it's not legit. The helmet isn't even close.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/williamwijaya8831weedliam/20170805_095143_zpshj23jknn.jpg
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/williamwijaya8831weedliam/20170805_095441_zpsumabicpm.jpg
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/williamwijaya8831weedliam/20170805_095757_zpsevdhwuag.jpg
Here's the pics as you guys requested. Just realized that it might be the altmanns like somebody said here and ive seen the link given. Well then the helmet is totally different but i have to tell you that the COA seems legit as **** hahaha

Thanks for reposting the pictures Weedliam. It's good to have you here on the RPF, & your post & photos are very helpful.
I hope my comments didn't come across as too harsh. I might jib a little, but it's not meant cruelly.
Sorry, the helmet is not what you hoped... but it's cute.

Unless the prop was intentionally made to be resold after the film, I can't see having a numbered series of screen used props for sale. They would need to have been used very little and put away so they would all be in very good condition when sold. Typically multiple copies of screen used props vary significantly in how they were modified, used, beat up, etc.

Just being an excellent condition, numbered edition "authentic" prop makes it suspicious.

Unfortunately COAs are only as valuable as your trust in the seller. COAs can be easily made by almost anyone.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, Weedliam. As others have said, you're far from the first new collector who bought something that turned out too good to be true. Some people stumble upon this place and are able to learn a bit before buying anything, but most probably start out like you did with your Vader helmet, or with a Rubies, or similar. No shame in that. There's plenty to learn if you have an interest, and most are willing to share.

I will say that at a certain point, comments that amount to "obviously, clearly fake, looks nothing like the real Vader helmet" don't really add anything to this thread. Yes, to a trained eye the differences are clear. Glaringly obvious even. Good for us. But if you line up a ROTS, an ANH, and an ESB helmet, 9 out of 10 fans will simply say "Vader" when asked what each of them are. It would be much more useful to explain what the differences actually are, than to hammer the thread with assertions of what the helmet is not.

I really thank you for the opinions and it really helps so much thanks for for all the information you guys shared with me. To be honest im shocked a lil bit at first, and let me make it clear to you guys i bought it from a good friend of mine and he 100% sure that the stuff is legit and thats affected me, thats why i trust him and im always trust him bcoz he's my buddy and i know he'll never lie to me. But when everything goes wrong like this im still trust him, bcoz i know that he didnt have any negative intention at all to me, but he still believe that the stuff is the real deal, well i have to appreciate his faith or maybe he didnt realize or notice at first he bought it. Maybe now he's struggling and doubting? We do deep inside our mind n heart. So the good news is ive returned it to him and we just like forget it and in return i exchange with another stuff and its just another grail. I got the kenner 1979 18" alien i know its out of topic but i just wanna share with you guys bcoz its all about collecting right?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back