Salzo V5 X-Wing pattern work

Taking off Thanksgiving and Christmas? What gives?!? :lol

Panel lines mapped out for the Blue 1/Red2 X-Wing, which I am handing off to Mike to etch because my hands are useless some times:

IMG_0616.jpgIMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I've done panel line mapping before, it's slow tedious work, but it pays off in dividends on the final product.
Did you also map the new Red 5?
I'm curious as to how Mike does the etching, I always use a panel line scriber and a steel straight edge but maybe there is a better way?

Nice! I've done panel line mapping before, it's slow tedious work, but it pays off in dividends on the final product.
Did you also map the new Red 5?
I'm curious as to how Mike does the etching, I always use a panel line scriber and a steel straight edge but maybe there is a better way?

I’ve used that old school plastic label maker tape and a scribe.

Did you get my PM?

So general update to keep everyone in the loop.

I am waiting for the laser cut wings to show up before I can start shipping. Significant casting has been happening, on the order of 1 kit per day so they are piling up. So that's 6-7 kits per week as I usually work 7 days a week at this point. I expect all or nearly all to ship by mid December, shipping in the order paid.

As I said I usually work 6-7 days per week but I won't work on Thanksgiving and have a few other dates I can't work in between then and Christmas.

Another update, laser cut parts are en route to me. Will be packing and shipping as soon as possible.

I will be holding any new orders for anyone after today until after Jan 1. I just want to get everyone out the door and past the holiday.

Don't be concerned about molds, will replace stuff if i need to of course. It won't really delay orders all that much, just don't want accumulate a backlog.

Ok, so bad news. I got the box from the laser cutter and it looks like it bust open at some point and resealed by USPS. Out of the 200 wings that were in there, only a single inner wing made it to me.

So that will not slow down the overall length of the project, but it will delay the shipping of the kits until I get them.

Sorry guys, out of my control at this point. He is out of town for a week and will make it a priority as soon as he gets back.

Again it does not slow me down casting, I will just need to hold the kits here until I get the parts. I could ship kits without the parts but that would cost more shipping especially international which seems to run $15 for even the smallest package at this point.

IMG_6088.JPG

Ay Carumba!

Ok, so bad news. I got the box from the laser cutter and it looks like it bust open at some point and resealed by USPS. Out of the 200 wings that were in there, only a single inner wing made it to me.

So that will not slow down the overall length of the project, but it will delay the shipping of the kits until I get them.

Sorry guys, out of my control at this point. He is out of town for a week and will make it a priority as soon as he gets back.

Again it does not slow me down casting, I will just need to hold the kits here until I get the parts. I could ship kits without the parts but that would cost more shipping especially international which seems to run $15 for even the smallest package at this point.

View attachment 776014

Final pattern work, unique to Blue 1/Red2!

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. pics not uploading?
It's on Facebook...

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back