Salzo V5 X-Wing pattern work

Holy crap - $3 a heat sink?! Some friends and I found some for 5¢ a piece at a surplus store.

Definitely go digging for old stock on those!

Hey Guys, so just to clarify a few things.

The kits do include all 4 long laser cannons with the brass INSERT in the core as all the other release have. If you want to upgrade to full brass cannons you will need the stuff listed in Jasons instructions, but they are not needed if you are cool with the resin/brass barrel.

The kit includes all the resin heatsinks you will need as well, so again you only need those if you want to upgrade.

Kits will start shipping on Tuesday and it should go fast. I would have started shipping this week but I have the kids until Monday, no school and my wife is working all week.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and all the Red 2 stuff has been received and the initial molds made. I still need to make a gang mold but that is only a hang up of a few days.

Thank you guys, I'm not expert like you. I have learnt a lot about the xwing and y wing browsing this forum fior the last couple of years but I still have a lot to learn

soupnazi.jpg

Last edited:
For those who are interested to upgrade the heatsinks and don't know this info already,
https://ca-en.alliedelec.com/aavid-thermal-division-of-boyd-corp-323005b00000g/71076844/

just did find this one less expensive:
http://www.futureelectronics.com/en...umberSearch|323005B00000G|1|,Ny:True,Nea:True
You`d need 12 per X-wings. 8 for the cannons and 4 for the engines.

Very cool and helpful! Thanks!! What's the difference between the two besides the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, so just to clarify a few things.

The kits do include all 4 long laser cannons with the brass INSERT in the core as all the other release have. If you want to upgrade to full brass cannons you will need the stuff listed in Jasons instructions, but they are not needed if you are cool with the resin/brass barrel.

The kit includes all the resin heatsinks you will need as well, so again you only need those if you want to upgrade.

Kits will start shipping on Tuesday and it should go fast. I would have started shipping this week but I have the kids until Monday, no school and my wife is working all week.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and all the Red 2 stuff has been received and the initial molds made. I still need to make a gang mold but that is only a hang up of a few days.

I sent you a PM last week... any ideas? Thanks!

They are exacvtly the same so the less expensive the better. :)
At least if one is out of stock, there is options.
It is really if you want to upgrade your kit with some metal bits. As Mike was mentioning, there will be resin version of every parts. ;)

Very cool and helpful! Thanks!! What's the difference between the two besides the price?

They are exacvtly the same so the less expensive the better. :)
At least if one is out of stock, there is options.
It is really if you want to upgrade your kit with some metal bits. As Mike was mentioning, there will be resin version of every parts. ;)

Awesome! Thank you so much!!!

Shipping starts today, keep an eye out for PP shipping updates. It will likely take a week to a week and a half depending on where you are in line and how may I can carry at one time to ship out.

I will see about taking more orders depending on 2 things. 1 I want all the first rounds shipped and 2 the weather. We have, like much of the US, been crazy cold for the last like 10 days with another 7 or so in front of us.

Either way I will take another round at some point, but it may be intermittent until it warms up.

Hi Mike. Happy New Year.
Did you receive my messages or e-mail about the ILM pilots?

Shipping starts today, keep an eye out for PP shipping updates. It will likely take a week to a week and a half depending on where you are in line and how may I can carry at one time to ship out.

I will see about taking more orders depending on 2 things. 1 I want all the first rounds shipped and 2 the weather. We have, like much of the US, been crazy cold for the last like 10 days with another 7 or so in front of us.

Either way I will take another round at some point, but it may be intermittent until it warms up.

Sounds good... just let us know. It's freezing here in Chicago, too... my furnace hasn't stopped running since the 22nd of December! brrrrrrr K

Look what arrived today! Perfect timing too, with work probaly closed tomorrow I can stay home and start cleaning up the parts, only waiting on the armature.
IMG_0082 (1).jpg

EDIT: i haven't completed in inventory but from initial inspection the casts are amazing and the model looks to be well engineered (I especially like the way the engines assemble) I'm super excited. Props to all that made this possible!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back