Salzo V5 X-Wing pattern work

Docmani, me, and Tsophika look on while Dave Jones, Jon Erland, Richard Edlund, and a few others put the parts through their paces (and compare to the original provenance stuff)... NO PRESSURE, YOU GUYS, lol!

23270336_10214474551714627_3614947312180658921_o.jpg

That looks awesome, cant wait to get mine! I see there's lighting there, is that a custom set-up or a readily available kit?

I'm on MSs' Blue I/Blue II SS X-Wing waiting list, and I'm considering painting the kit as Rogue One Blue 5 (pilot Farnes Monsbee). Does anyone have any information about the fuselage stripping, wing markings, droid (type and color), etc... I can't find any information about it anywhere (except for cockpit photos). :facepalm

Thanks!

So Cool Jason!! Salzo once again has shown what amazing skills he has!! Great shot of you guys with the ILM'rs!! Glad you guys got to have that time and fun!!

Glad you guys got to have that time and fun!!

It really is such a cool thing to see...The heritage and legacy of these movies is just so touching to me. Think of all of the ripples that have been created from the work done by ILM, and then to see these guys sharing the work they have done with the people that worked on the originals. It's just great!

Indeed, Mike offers both versions but when I asked him for a reason to choose one over the other I did not get a response back. Are there bulkheads inside of the fuselage that the rod passes through for added stability? Could somebody explain the reasoning behind the nose mount option and why anyone outside of ILM would want to mount that way?
Thanks in advance to anyone with insight to share.
long & short shafts.JPG

Last edited:
The long and short of it.
Go long if you are using the studio scale cockpit and nose cone mount option.
Go short if you are using an aftermarket cockpit and no nose cone mounting option.

I think Mike Reader offers the shorter one simply to save customers who do not care about the nose mount some money.

The nose option mount for modelers is really just a novelty to imitate the full ILM treatment.

I have 1 full for myself for just that reason, but the others I have are the shorts.

The short is fine for stability/functionality IMO

Indeed, Mike offers both versions but when I asked him for a reason to choose one over the other I did not get a response back. Are there bulkheads inside of the fuselage that the rod passes through for added stability? Could somebody explain the reasoning behind the nose mount option and why anyone outside of ILM would want to mount that way?
Thanks in advance to anyone with insight to share.
View attachment 772085

I had Mike send me both the short and the long options. In the end the short was what we went with. Works perfectly and I have options on rear and underside for display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back