Need help fixing Spider-Man suit...

From what I've read some time ago, you can't. Pulling out those strands will damage the fabric and if you trim those away, more will still pop out. I think it has something to do with the quality of thr fabric. Seems like a common issue from the lesser known zentai sites if that's where you got the suit. You can only get a new suit from a more reputable company that offers better fabric. Where'd you get your suit from by the way?

From what I've read some time ago, you can't. Pulling out those strands will damage the fabric and if you trim those away, more will still pop out. I think it has something to do with the quality of thr fabric. Seems like a common issue from the lesser known zentai sites if that's where you got the suit. You can only get a new suit from a more reputable company that offers better fabric. Where'd you get your suit from by the way?

I actually got it from Zentai Zone.

Really? How long did it take? The strains started appearing after wearing the costume for the 1st time... They're all over my suit, what about you?
I wore mine for about 5-6 hours at a con, and I was cosplaying as Civil War spider, and the shield I was carrying really tore into my suit. It was my first time too. I guess their fabric just isn't that great.

My suit was fraying on the hands, the chest, and the stomach (Where the shield was rubbing up against it) the most, but little hair-like strands were coming out of the entire thing.

Did you guys go for the Super Lycra versions? I was looking to buy a suit from them, but if this is how turns out after a few hours, I'm not sure I want to.

It is called pilling I believe. You can burn them of with a lighter. Just touch the fabric lightly with the flame or else you'll probably feel sorry for quite a while...

It is called pilling I believe. You can burn them of with a lighter. Just touch the fabric lightly with the flame or else you'll probably feel sorry for quite a while...

Never heard of that solution before. But if it works for sjorsjo91, you might want to try it socialmediajunk . Just be careful though

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys go for the Super Lycra versions? I was looking to buy a suit from them, but if this is how turns out after a few hours, I'm not sure I want to.
Nope because of budget restrictions I couldn't. You could try that out though

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of that solution before. But if it works for sjorsjo91, you might want to try it @socialmediajunk . Just be careful though
Yep, definitely will! Thanks for the answer (oh, and also, your puffy painted costume looks super cool)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back