Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

So anyway... my Blaster has been in Portland since this morning, and it's being delivered tomorrow. I'm taking the day off to be home to receive the package... gonna be a goooood day. :)

Have you tried adjusting the two slotted screws on top of the receiver just forward of the bolt lever, it these that offer resistance and stop the lever from flopping when the blaster is inverted,it could be that are too tight.:thumbsup

Yup @D48thRonin, mine doesn’t even do that. The “arm” if you will doesn’t rise all the way.

So because of that it doesn’t even slide back at all. But again, this may be a sovleable issue.

I also have the problem with the lever not raising all the way and not being able to attempt to slide it back. Further, trying to raise it damages the piece by scraping the finish and baring metal on the receiver and lever. Therefore, I did not attempt to force it for fear of damaging the receiver further--it's not too bad at the moment. But the lever is also quite loose so I will just handle the replica as little as possible. If it flips up, it would continue to scrape the receiver.

My grips have slight over-rounding, but that's just cosmetic. The cylinder and button and trigger work, though a bit janky and not without scraping.

The slide problem, however, is functional so it bothers me more, and the problem seems to be with the receiver which is disappointing because it's not something I can easily fix or replace. It's still a cool piece, though fragile.

They should really have someone inspect these and sign off on each one.

Also got mine now and I am very divided as to what I think, the reason why...

The Grip issue is of course also on my one, it must be a tool prob.

View attachment 802268View attachment 802269View attachment 802270

And I noticed that edge of the Bolt Handle collides with the Receiver-End sorta halfway and cuts in to the chamfer of the Receiver.
It also pushes the Receiver-End towards the Receiver, look at the gap between the two parts. If I would fasten the screw for Receiver-End it would collide even earlier.
View attachment 802274View attachment 802273

It seems that the Chamfer edge of the Receiver hasn't been finished properly, look at the edge, its all jaggy and uneven.
View attachment 802271View attachment 802275

I have not informed HCG yet, thought I check here first if any of you guys have the same problem with the Receiver/Bolt Handle as me.

Cheers Guys

Tomenosuke has some quality inconsistency. Mine looks fine. PS: I adjust the two slotted screws on top of the receiver. Lever won't flop anymore. The third picture is upside down.

IMG_6558.jpgIMG_6557.jpgIMG_6556.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first attempt at bluing and scruffing up on something as expensive as this but I'm quite'ish happy with the result and can also re-do it which modellers curse I suppose. But just take your time and decide how you're going to approach it, that being said I've no idea what your skill level is at so you'll probably smash it out the park mate :thumbsup
View attachment 802233 View attachment 802236

Some guy on fb did a great job with just WD40 and a pan scourer. > bluing is not required

IMG_6555.jpg

28379433_551800991859202_7706211443871326970_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say it's a bit hookey, so here is the contact page for TOMENOSUKE International:
http://tomenosuke.bandec-japan.com/en/contact

You need address all issues there only then can you hope to see some kind of positive action taken, just more queries they receive the quicker they will have to before they start with the next run, just think car recalls etc.
No one can say they don't feel the pain of a fellow collector but it appears that the number of increasing posts regarding certain defects are looking for answers here when their first port of call should be the initial source i.e. the manufacturer.
This is not a telling off, it's more of a call to arms so to speak, if you have an issue with blaster for sure share it with the community but get on to Tomenosuke highlight the issue and click send. the more reports they receive the quicker they should act accordingly.

http://tomenosuke.bandec-japan.com/en/contact

Due to these comments I will have to check the grips on mine as its been in its box since I got it in November but from the photos I took back then (not the best I know!) and from what I remember, they didn't seemed fine. And with regards to spare parts, I don't believe Tomeosuke keep spares. I had a damaged box with my order and after not getting much help from HCG, I emailed Mune at Tomenosuke who confirmed that they had no spare boxes and had to wait for this next run for a replacement

View attachment 802153View attachment 802155

I checked last night when exchanging my damaged box and the grips are fine

Sorry to be that guy but what would be the logic in the grips being changed when the rest of the blaster is essentially same. I think that is real question that has most people perplexed.

The New grip is smaller. Some edges are rounded. Edge supposed to be laser sharp. New mold is probably messed up. I get angry when some people say that its not a big a deal. Why some of you pay 1K for a high end blaster when you don’t care about details like this ? I don’t get it.

Last edited:
Cheers guys for the pointers on the Receiver and Bolt. Haven’t had time to check if those screws on top of the Receiver does the job, will check it out later tonight: As for starting to file away at that Chamfer...I guess if I take it really slow...prob is I will start to file away the paint as well and I have no clue as to what paint Tomenosuke uses, it could end up in a real Fup. I will take that decision when I get there.

Q&A'd
Cheers

Thanks for the link to the contact form, by the way! I'm sitting here at my home office eagerly awaiting my delivery (it's like Christmas as a kid, I couldn't sleep last night!), but I've got the contact form open in case I have to report this issue. Either way, pics coming when it arrives!

On my grips, I think the rounding is a bit less than that previously pictured, but still there. The impression I get, purely speculative, is that that perhaps someone with a bench-mounted buffing machine was told to polish the grips but ended up polishing some sharp corners round that ought to have been spared. That might explain why rounding is more severe on some units than others.

The color of the grips is beautiful, though, and is the same color as the Blade Runner whisky. I will wait to see if anyone figures out anything with the bolt/receiver. I am not all that handy--why I got the assembled one in the first place.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back