Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

On my grips, I think the rounding is a bit less than that previously pictured, but still there. The impression I get, purely speculative, is that that perhaps someone with a bench-mounted buffing machine was told to polish the grips but ended up polishing some sharp corners round that ought to have been spared. That might explain why rounding is more severe on some units than others.

The color of the grips is beautiful, though, and is the same color as the Blade Runner whisky. I will wait to see if anyone figures out anything with the bolt/receiver. I am not all that handy--why I got the assembled one in the first place.

Just like Leon, pretending to be dumber than he actually is. I'm not falling for it, skin job!

On my grips, I think the rounding is a bit less than that previously pictured, but still there. The impression I get, purely speculative, is that that perhaps someone with a bench-mounted buffing machine was told to polish the grips but ended up polishing some sharp corners round that ought to have been spared. That might explain why rounding is more severe on some units than others.

The color of the grips is beautiful, though, and is the same color as the Blade Runner whisky. I will wait to see if anyone figures out anything with the bolt/receiver. I am not all that handy--why I got the assembled one in the first place.

I can't get my head around the issue with bolt lever other than the two slotted locking screws as I've mentioned previously. I've just had a play with these and surely enough if they are over tightened the bolt lever will barely move just as if they are too loose the lever will flop about when inverted other than that I cannot see how the bolt lever would not move as intended.
Loosen/tighten the rear screw (do not over tighten obviously) to get the desired amount of resistance.

20180217_1414421_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a response from HCG. They said they talked to Tomenosuke and they will be getting in contact to exchange the grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a response from HCG. They said they talked to Tomenosuke and they will be getting in contact to exchange the grips.

Nice.

Also, I need to stop refreshing the tracking page on my blaster every five minutes. The delivery window is 2pm-6pm. It's only 1:42pm. :$

Nice >

„I am sorry to hear about the issue you have with your blaster.

We have spoken to Tomenosuke on your behalf and they will be exchanging your existing grips for a new set.
They do not have a definitive timeframe for this, but as soon as they are ready, they will be in contact.

Thank you for your patience.„

Nice.

Also, I need to stop refreshing the tracking page on my blaster every five minutes. The delivery window is 2pm-6pm. It's only 1:42pm. :$

My delivery window was between 3pm and 7pm and UPS delivered it at 7:05.

Just received my blaster today. The grips are smaller and have the same gap issues as previously mentioned. Sent an email off to HCG. I will have patience and hopefully they can get Tomenosuke will resolve the issue satisfactorily and get us some new proper fitting grips. Patience is key now.

Tomenosuke has said they will replace the grips with new proper fitting ones, so it looks like they are planning to resolve the issue satisfactorily. ;)

And yes, patience is going to be the key. HCG will not have anything to do with the new castings and the speed of the replacements. So please do not send message after message, week after week, asking for an update from HCG customer service. There are always people who will feel a need to ask on a daily basis. :lol. Most likely Tomenosuke will not be updating HCG as far as progress. Asking over and over will not speed things up and you don’t need to worry that maybe customer service forgot about you and your replacement. We also see that a lot.... people who are worried that no word means they are no longer getting their issue resolved. When they are done, Tomenosuke will let customer service know and they will either be shipped to HCG to ship to the customers, or they will be shipped to you direct from Tomenosuke.

Thanks Moviefreak for the constant updates. I know you don't have to do it for the RPF community, but it is greatly appreciated. Now all we have to do is sit back and wait for my new grips :)

I also had a go fiddling about with those screws...gave up. I made a short Vids to show you.
https://youtu.be/zvsKmLhaWOc
I have no idea as how to fasten the Receiver End in a better way. Its moving as its screwed to the Bolt...and when that turns its moving the Receiver End with it, ideas?

The loose bolt should be an easy fix: #628 Better still, put a small nylon washer on the inside of the rear of the bolt. Just go slowly and methodically and do not lose any of the screws.

bolt.JPG

My blaster came, and it's gorgeous, for the most part! The grips are definitely a bit too small, but I've already emailed some close-up shots to CS@HCG and am glad to see Tomenosuke being proactive with that issue. I don't mind waiting a couple months. I'm just so happy to have the blaster I've wanted since 1997! I will probably weather it a bit, but not just yet.

I didn't take any up close photos of the grips because at this point we are all aware it's an issue... but here are a few I took to match the photos included in the photo booklet, plus one that's going on my Instagram account tomorrow. And yes, I did have that drink :cool I actually took around 30 photos altogether (again, trying to replicate the photos from the photo booklet), so if anyone wants to see the rest, I'm happy to add them to this post! I definitely don't know the rules about photo spamming, though, so if there's a "too much" threshold, please let me know ahead of time.

blaster5.jpgblaster2.jpgblaster3.jpgblaster7.jpgblaster8.jpgblaster9.jpgblasterig.jpg

Grip issue aside, the blaster completes my collection (for now).

20180314_130359.jpg

Attachments

• 20180314_130424.jpg
    20180314_130424.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
The loose bolt should be an easy fix: #628 Better still, put a small nylon washer on the inside of the rear of the bolt. Just go slowly and methodically and do not lose any of the screws.

View attachment 802607

Cheers, will give that a go.

Could someone post a pic of how far up the Bolt Lever is supposed to open please.

As the aperture for the bolt on mine is not properly finished the Bolt get stuck half way, so I need to look how much I need to file away...scary!

Also, does someone know sorta what color I could use to touch up the file marks...if I go for that solution that is.

Careful - try not to file it. Try adjusting it first using the two screws on top and the right size screwdriver as well as adding a nylon washer.

The photo above shows the extent to which the bolt is designed to open.

Another observation - after taking off the finish from the receiver and associated parts with white vinegar (soak for two hours) and use a wire brush, and then lightly polishing with 400, 800 and then 1000 grit wet/dry and finally 0000 steel wool and then bluing using permanent blue and a light coating in acid free oil- the action was super smooth and precise. Note that I did also have the binding you report upon opening the bolt as well.

Careful - try not to file it. Try adjusting it first using the two screws on top and the right size screwdriver as well as adding a nylon washer.

The photo above shows the extent to which the bolt is designed to open.

Another observation - after taking off the finish from the receiver and associated parts with white vinegar (soak for two hours) and use a wire brush, and then lightly polishing with 400, 800 and then 1000 grit wet/dry and finally 0000 steel wool and then bluing using permanent blue and a light coating in acid free oil- the action was super smooth and precise. Note that I did also have the binding you report upon opening the bolt as well.

Hm...the problem is that the Bolt lever gets stuck half way up in the slit, can’t push it to a position where I can slide the Bolt back, like I said, they didn’t clean it up properly. In order to get it in the position were I can slide it back I have to file away material
de72f6a0dedd0c31bf0b819494029e86.jpg
1845f589299938630156972827536857.jpg

As you can see it won’t go any further as the slit is blocking the Lever...or am I doing something completely wrong?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Got it -so use a very fine file or fine grit sandpaper and go slowly, but first disassemble and reassemble to see if that works... then take it apart to do any material removal.

It's weird because the picture and the video you are showing are totally normal looking, if you don't force it a little bit, the handle will always stop in that position. Now the weird part is that you do have a totally messed up finish on that area and even scratches on the top of the receiver where the handle has no contact at all. How did you get those scratches?

On my kit, the first time I built it without any cleaning on the kit, it was blocking a tiny bit, after I polished all the parts it was really smooth. You still get that lock half way bit it doesn't scratch anything and it opens when you apply a little bit of force to it.
good luck! :) I think part of the fun in that gun is to assemble, disassemble it and get to know it better but I don't know how confident you feel about that.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back