Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t give up hope. Email them to check. Above poster’s cancellation May have ‘upset’ the system. You never know...

Thanks man! I worked up enough courage to purchase one this morning, and then saw they were out of stock. ><

I’d like to start weathering the receiver and barrel and polish up the grip to improve the existing satin finish. Any suggestions or tips?

EAGLE: Leave it alone.:p Looks great as is. Maybe just the grips. They can be polished to a high gloss which translates to super transparent amber grips. Remove the grips from the gun frame and do the underside of the grips as well. A low abrasive plastic-compatible polishing compound with a buff-wheel or with Dremel buffing wheels work well.
I've seen some of your other props (in the past) and I deduce that you have a good eye for weathering aesthetics.
I've never weathered TomPRO Blaster barrels and receivers myself, so I will refrain from providing advice with those items.

Last edited:
You’re probably right - it does look great as-is. Much better than I was expecting. I’ll just maybe do the grips for now.

Not to derail the thread, but if anyone here has gotten the cylinder from Don and blued it, could you PM me? Thanks.

ok so it looks like my order is ok and is coming. no out of stock emails or anything like that

no derailment, post here for all to see. I'm maybe up for one, ill wait for the thing to arrive first though

It begins:

Fully polished ghost model, only the mag will be left black. Well, gotta finish my DS Flamegun but that's just a little more sanding and painting.

20171126_160844.png

Nope. I didn't think I'd be able to resist weathering it. :D

I took some fine steel wool to the receiver, trigger guard and triggers - juuuust enough to give a 'few years' use look about it without going completely mental. I'm not aiming to replicate the 2019 hero prop (as it is in real life now). IMO this simple, light treatment has given the piece some much needed 'life' (and apparent history).

Will need a different approach for the plastic barrel (which I'm not planning on replacing). Maybe a 'dry cloth' technique? I'd like to introduce some light scratches to the cylinder covers but they're enamel coated metal... not sure how to tackle this so any suggestions I'd be grateful for.

I may also give it a lick of silicon oil.

attachment.php

4322.JPG

attachment.php

Last edited:
Top tip for anyone who bought the built blaster: take it apart, reassemble and tighten it all up.

Also, do the bolt/washer thing.

Damn... one solid, non-rattle piece! :cool

Does anyone have the YouTube link on how to do the washer thing? I can't tell what's what from the pictures in the other thread and I can't find anything on YouTube.

Does anyone have the YouTube link on how to do the washer thing? I can't tell what's what from the pictures in the other thread and I can't find anything on YouTube.
All you need to do is remove the receiver then extract the bolt. The washer needs to butt up against the wall where the bulky part of the bolt stops (currently leaving a 2-3mm gap). Trim washer to fit and affix with double-sided tape.

My Tomenosuke came without any tools (Pro Edition from a few years ago). What would be the recommended tool to tighten up the butt plate (mine is loose)?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back