Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

i asked the HCG this question since i had previously bought the 2049 tomen version prior to the licensing deal. HCG told me it will be the same exact blaster in different packaging. not worth buying it again...

Interesting. I wonder if it will be simply be the 2049 with different box design making it look more official.

The good thing about these is that they retain their value, you could always sell for the licensed edition!

Do the monthly payments come out on the same day you placed your initial order?

I believe so. I ordered mine of the 4-payment plan on the 5th so I would think on Oct 5th I will get and invoice for the 2nd payment at that time. Then after 2 more payments I should be receiving my blaster as a christmas present to myself by mid Dec.

Well I just bought one early this morning on the payment plan and wouldn't you know that a couple of people are selling there older ones on the bay. One Tomenosuke $200 cheaper than HCG and free shipping and some other blaster that's not a Tomenosuke for $450.
Can't cancel my order now since a non refundable $100fee.
Didn't even occur to me to check bay beforehand. :facepalm
Hmmm. That's new. I wouldn't count on seeing that happen too often. They are usually well over a grand and no one is gonna sell a new one for less than that either.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

When you intend to purchase a Blade Runner blaster like the Tomenosuke, you should ask the seller to confirm that the blaster works OK...such as the LED light function and the trigger / bullet cyclinder action. I bought a Tom Pro a few years ago and the trigger kept jamming. Also the bullet cylinder cover would not close easily...jammed as well. So I returned it to Japan for a replacement. Check with the ebay seller that all is working fine and ask if there are any problems with it.
As a matter of course, because of the problems that occurred to some of the Tomenosuke blasters (Retailer Version) a few years ago, Tomenosuke have been checking all of their blasters operation before they send them out for sale. So, nowadays there is a lower chance of their blasters having problems. A good idea to check though with the seller especially when buying in the secondary market like ebay.

Last edited:
Receiver colour varies on the Toms, depending on the issue.
The July 2017 issue, Tomenosuke Blaster 2049 Assembled Model, has a high quality hard finish. Dark charcoal grey to black in colour depending on the ambient lighting. Indoors under artificial lighting it has a low sheen satin-matt appearance and looks very dark grey to black. In natural outdoor lighting it looks dark grey with a slight blue hue.
Hard to explain, but the sheen, colour and paint texture looks very cool and professional. Tomenosuke have high attention to detail and quality, hence the finish on the gun and receiver looks great.
I envisage that the finish on the Tom Blaster in the next October 2017 release or issue will be the same as the July 2017 blasters....only the box graphics will change I believe.

Last edited:
The last thing I heard from HWC was that they were expecting the shipment around the end of October

Yes, I think that the end of October date is correct. The HC Site states that there will be 50 pieces ready for shipment in October, but I gather that would mean the end of the month, since they did not start yet, and it's already the 11th.

Anyone know when this is supposed to start shipping?

Update: I asked them when they were likely to make the transaction and they replied with “late October, early November”.
Bearing in mind I ordered mine and paid in full a while ago, timescales seem to be slipping.
Also, their customer service seems a bit lacking. Their replies are always very curt and offer no further information or explaination. Anyone had a similar experience? I’d only emailed them to get an update, I haven’t been inundating them.

How and why would you pay in full? When I ordered, they only asked for $100 down payment, the rest to be paid when it's ready to ship.

Sorry, that was my poor phrasing. I meant that I had paid the deposit and was going to be paying the remainder in full (as opposed to a payment plan scheme) and was waiting for them to complete the transaction.

Does HCG have a good track record with delivering the Tomens? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous waiting for mine...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back