Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

UPS Germany called me yesterday asking if I could confirm a package from you the US, and I was like yea...they said they needed a „Power of Attorney“ never heard about that so I was like „uh hu“, anyhow they let me know that it was for the Tome and that tax would be this much (204€) and when I pay my Package will be my me on Tuesday NEXT WEEK !!! I was like ”OH MY Fn GOD” How sweet is this!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

OK guys, UK buyer and about to pull the trigger (pun intended) with HCG on one of these babies.
Spoke to HCG and a couple of UK based guys about their orders, but getting cold feet about potentially loosing a lot of money.
So just for peace of mind, is there anyone in the UK who’s had a recent issue getting a Tomenosuke in to the UK?
Sorry to whine, but I’m sure I’m not the only one to get cold feet:thumbsup

OK guys, UK buyer and about to pull the trigger (pun intended) with HCG on one of these babies.
Spoke to HCG and a couple of UK based guys about their orders, but getting cold feet about potentially loosing a lot of money.
So just for peace of mind, is there anyone in the UK who’s had a recent issue getting a Tomenosuke in to the UK?
mine made it to stanstead last night,is at castle donnington warehouse.think that is the customs checking place.expecting delivery tuesday.

Last edited:
mine made it to stanstead last night,is at castle donnington warehouse.think that is the customs checking place.expecting delivery tuesday.

Thanks, that’s encouraging! I know a lot of Tomenosuke buyers havn’t had issues apart from wait times- just don’t want to be ‘that guy’ who was unlucky! My philosophy is, the more that come through without issues, the less chance I have of my order going to the scrap yard!
Please let me know how your order progresses.

Thanks, that’s encouraging! I know a lot of Tomenosuke buyers havn’t had issues apart from wait times- just don’t want to be ‘that guy’ who was unlucky! My philosophy is, the more that come through without issues, the less chance I have of my order going to the scrap yard!
Please let me know how your order progresses.
i felt the same as you mate but i had to bite yhe bullet and chance it.if i get it on tuesday i willlet you know:thumbsup

Power of Attorney HAHAHA! you make firearms over there, you'd think a country that make some of the best firearms in the world be cool with passing a sci-fi movie prop through.
And I thought things were ggonna go to pot with Brexit. :lol

I ordered one of the October run and came to the UK fine with the exception of a slightly damaged box. Customs had it for a couple of days so nothing major. Such an awesome prop so it was with the risk.

I ordered one of the October run and came to the UK fine with the exception of a slightly damaged box. Customs had it for a couple of days so nothing major. Such an awesome prop so it was with the risk.

That’s good news- everything I’ve heard is positive, so far.
I do find it strange, however, that UK C&E are letting these through (I don’t want to turn this in to a VCR act moan, as it’s been discussed many times before!).
I know we’re not the bad guys, but when you consider that you’ve got a very heavy, realistic gun shaped object coming in to the country, you might think the powers to be might kick up more of a fuss.
Finger hovering, as we speak!

That’s good news- everything I’ve heard is positive, so far.
I do find it strange, however, that UK C&E are letting these through (I don’t want to turn this in to a VCR act moan, as it’s been discussed many times before!).
I know we’re not the bad guys, but when you consider that you’ve got a very heavy, realistic gun shaped object coming in to the country, you might think the powers to be might kick up more of a fuss.
Finger hovering, as we speak!

Well mine stated on the shipping label that the contents was a collectible item so perhaps that helped where C & E were concerned

Hi. I received my BR 2049 Blaster but I've noticed something. That amber grip supposed
to be flush perfectly with the rest of the grip? Mine is not.

IMG_6531.jpgIMG_6534.jpgIMG_6532.jpgIMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I received my BR 2049 Blaster but I've noticed something. That amber grip supposed
to be flush perfectly with the rest of the grip? Mine is not.

View attachment 801584View attachment 801583View attachment 801585View attachment 801586

Dredd contact HCG customer services https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/pages.php?pageid=12
Include the your pics as evidence along with the reference photos from their site. they be able to address your concerns to Tomenosuke or point you in the right direction, with any luck you should get a replacement part.
It's not a certainty a few people who've had issues with their blaster have done that and in some insyances for free so get your irate consumer hat on.;):thumbsup

I already did. This is a common problem with Tomen blasters ?
More problems ! > This is driving me crazy >

IMG_6536.jpgIMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

I had a problem with the frame not flush with the butt plate but after tightening the frame and doing a bit rubbing at base all seemed fine. not the same issue I know but it seems the quality control seems to have let them down.
Now I hate to say this but it be an idea to see if Moviefreak
has any insights while you're waiting for a reply from HGC.

Now that you mention it Dredd. I just took a closer look at mine and I have both of the same issues. Looking though the photo book, it is clearly not right. I wasn’t too concerned at first but the more I think about it, the more it bothers me.

The grip thing wouldn't worry me too much. If you look at the photo on the box it clearly shows both issues. I don't think its a manufacturing defect so much as just normal for small run manufacturing. They've obviously had to compromise somewhere down the line. If they're all the same any replacement parts that arrive will have the same issues surely.

edit - sorry the photo is not on the box but on the book that comes with it.

The grip thing wouldn't worry me too much. If you look at the photo on the box it clearly shows both issues. I don't think its a manufacturing defect so much as just normal for small run manufacturing. They've obviously had to compromise somewhere down the line. If they're all the same any replacement parts that arrive will have the same issues surely.

edit - sorry the photo is not on the box but on the book that comes with it.

We are talking about $1000 high end replica from Japan. Not some $100 chinese knockoffs.
PS: This is a manufacturing defect because not everyone have this problem.

Last edited:
Dredd shared these pics on the Propsummit FB page and myself and others posted ours and none of us had the same issue. I'd be emailing them right away if I were you guys.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back