Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

Just pre ordered with 4 month payment plan from HCG.

That's a little easier on my wallet lol.

I'm in Westchester, NY. I shouldn't have an issue getting it.

I pre-ordered as well! Thanks for the heads up!

Well Tomenosuke has provided pricing and gave thumbs up to launch them on the HCG website.
People will inevitably complain that Tomenosuke has increased the MSR price for them. But you must keep in mind, it costs a company more money to produce officially licensed items, as opposed to non licensed. They pay tens of thousands for a license, so they must have increased the pricing to recoup some of that investment.

Well Tomenosuke has provided pricing and gave thumbs up to launch them on the HCG website.
People will inevitably complain that Tomenosuke has increased the MSR price for them. But you must keep in mind, it costs a company more money to produce officially licensed items, as opposed to non licensed. They pay tens of thousands for a license, so they must have increased the pricing to recoup some of that investment.

Actually HCG is holding the same price they had for the 2049 model, so I'm guessing Tomenosuke held theirs for now anyway.

Is this new 2049 version the same that has been offered previously? And how does this one differ from a "Pro" version? Getting confused with all the different releases. I think I may be finally able to pull the trigger on a Tomenosuke but I'd like to get whichever version most closely resembles what was on screen in the original 1982 film.

Well I just bought one early this morning on the payment plan and wouldn't you know that a couple of people are selling there older ones on the bay. One Tomenosuke $200 cheaper than HCG and free shipping and some other blaster that's not a Tomenosuke for $450.
Can't cancel my order now since a non refundable $100fee.
Didn't even occur to me to check bay beforehand. :facepalm

Is this new 2049 version the same that has been offered previously? And how does this one differ from a "Pro" version? Getting confused with all the different releases. I think I may be finally able to pull the trigger on a Tomenosuke but I'd like to get whichever version most closely resembles what was on screen in the original 1982 film.

I think it's the same but i'm no expert. I don't care if it's not exactly like the movie version, close is good enough for me. Mac and Cheese for four month till this baby is paid off.

This new one is the same one as the previous "2049" one. The product page at HCG also states this. They only suggested difference is the artwork on the box.
The 2049 Tomes have a matte black/dark grey finish on the receiver and other metal areas. The Pro has a more polished finish. Which one is more accurate I don't know since I've seen comments saying both.

If you want an accurate Tomenosuke, get a kit :thumbsup

Snagged a pre-order. Still, have two payments left on my other one, but an 8 month pay plan fortunately accommodates my Blade Runner obsessive compulsions.

I jumped on a pre-order of this new "officially licensed" version. I debated too long on the last Tomenosuke version and missed out. I love my Coyle CS&T. It's heavy and beatiful but it seems too delicate. I like to handle my props...without gloves. I live on the edge. ;-)

So, do we know if Tomenosuke is going to do any of the other sequel blasters?

The villain chick (Luv) had what appears to be an awesome sidearm. I'd love a high quality replica.

j5LZJvQ.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back