Subscribe
    From
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:30 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #676

I got mine in February (October Issue) mine came via Parcelforce as it cleared through the international hub in Coventry. I got the call from them after 10 days and had make payment before delivery. it was declared as Figure Toys (No adhesive, No lithium battery) on the declaration label so no nee to sign anything other than the delivery confirmation pad.
    From
    UK
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:32 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #677

Moviefreak said: View Post
    Spare boxes for the November batch were sent by Tomenosuke. Those who had issues with that batch should be getting their replacements soon. They were already shipped those out last week.

Please note, only those who had an issue and reported it back in November/December are getting replacement boxes. Mune only made a few extra boxes, enough to cover those replacements. Any box damages from this new run will be handled by Tomenosuke and I am not sure if they planned for this by making extras or not. The may or may not have. I just want to be clear on that so people don’t assume we have a bunch of extras now sitting around.

My replacement box was waiting for me when I got home
    From
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:32 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #678

Ditto it's part of the actual bolt action.
  4. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:33 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #679

Yup @D48thRonin, mine doesn’t even do that. The “arm” if you will doesn’t rise all the way.

So because of that it doesn’t even slide back at all. But again, this may be a sovleable issue.
    Last edited by Mechanized2400; Mar 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM.
    From
    Brussels
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:37 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #680

Yeah, I don't want to throw alcohol in the fire but it seems to me that you guys are starting to see issues where there are none. The grip issue is clearly an issue and I would push as well to get it fix, just no need to go crazy or write 20 messages about it.
    The casting lines however have always been there on the Tomenosuke, this is still a factory produced item and they are not getting rid of all the small flash lines. They have the most amazing castings I ever seen, I know, I have a raw kit and it's really amazing, but they just do the paint on it if I'm not mistaken, they don't go into details for the flash lines. If you want something really perfect and obsess over every small detail, like I do, the only way is to get a kit and do it yourself. No one is ever going to do something as perfect as a perfectionist wants, especially not a factory produced Item, even if it's a really nice and expensive Item.
    good luck guys, I hope Tomenosuke will provide you a solution for the grips.
    cheers
    From
    Portland, OR
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:47 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #681

So anyway... my Blaster has been in Portland since this morning, and it's being delivered tomorrow. I'm taking the day off to be home to receive the package... gonna be a goooood day. :-)
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:51 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #682

nusilver said: View Post
    So anyway... my Blaster has been in Portland since this morning, and it's being delivered tomorrow. I'm taking the day off to be home to receive the package... gonna be a goooood day. :-)
    Donít forget to photograph that infamous grip.
    From
    Portland, OR
    Mar 13, 2018, 5:02 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #683

Dredd2015 said: View Post
    Don’t forget to photograph that infamous grip.
    Will do! I meant to say I'd add photos :-)
    From
    Mar 13, 2018, 5:28 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #684

Have you tried adjusting the two slotted screws on top of the receiver just forward of the bolt lever, it these that offer resistance and stop the lever from flopping when the blaster is inverted,it could be that are too tight.
    Mar 13, 2018, 5:36 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #685

Mechanized2400 said: View Post
    Yup @D48thRonin, mine doesn’t even do that. The “arm” if you will doesn’t rise all the way.

So because of that it doesn’t even slide back at all. But again, this may be a sovleable issue.
    I also have the problem with the lever not raising all the way and not being able to attempt to slide it back. Further, trying to raise it damages the piece by scraping the finish and baring metal on the receiver and lever. Therefore, I did not attempt to force it for fear of damaging the receiver further--it's not too bad at the moment. But the lever is also quite loose so I will just handle the replica as little as possible. If it flips up, it would continue to scrape the receiver.

My grips have slight over-rounding, but that's just cosmetic. The cylinder and button and trigger work, though a bit janky and not without scraping.

The slide problem, however, is functional so it bothers me more, and the problem seems to be with the receiver which is disappointing because it's not something I can easily fix or replace. It's still a cool piece, though fragile.

They should really have someone inspect these and sign off on each one.
  11. RPF Premium Member D48thRonin's Avatar
    Mar 13, 2018, 5:55 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #686

Mechanized2400 said: View Post
    Yup @D48thRonin, mine doesnít even do that. The ďarmĒ if you will doesnít rise all the way.

So because of that it doesnít even slide back at all. But again, this may be a sovleable issue.
    Huh... well in that case you're right - *that's* a problem.
  12. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Mar 13, 2018, 5:56 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #687

All in the fun of props, huh?

I try and look at the bright side
    Mar 13, 2018, 6:05 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #688

CAPTAINCOX said: View Post
    Also got mine now and I am very divided as to what I think, the reason why...

The Grip issue is of course also on my one, it must be a tool prob.

Attachment 802268Attachment 802269Attachment 802270

And I noticed that edge of the Bolt Handle collides with the Receiver-End sorta halfway and cuts in to the chamfer of the Receiver.
    It also pushes the Receiver-End towards the Receiver, look at the gap between the two parts. If I would fasten the screw for Receiver-End it would collide even earlier.
    Attachment 802274Attachment 802273

It seems that the Chamfer edge of the Receiver hasn't been finished properly, look at the edge, its all jaggy and uneven.
    Attachment 802271Attachment 802275

I have not informed HCG yet, thought I check here first if any of you guys have the same problem with the Receiver/Bolt Handle as me.

Cheers Guys
    Tomenosuke has some quality inconsistency. Mine looks fine. PS: I adjust the two slotted screws on top of the receiver. Lever won't flop anymore. The third picture is upside down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6558.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	802323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6557.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	802324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6556.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	802325
    Last edited by Dredd2015; Mar 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM.
    Mar 13, 2018, 6:25 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #689

mgb969 said: View Post
    This is my first attempt at bluing and scruffing up on something as expensive as this but I'm quite'ish happy with the result and can also re-do it which modellers curse I suppose. But just take your time and decide how you're going to approach it, that being said I've no idea what your skill level is at so you'll probably smash it out the park mate
    Attachment 802233 Attachment 802236
    Some guy on fb did a great job with just WD40 and a pan scourer. > bluing is not required

Name:	IMG_6555.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	615.4 KB 
ID:	802328

Name:	28379433_551800991859202_7706211443871326970_n.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	802429
    Last edited by Dredd2015; Mar 13, 2018 at 9:44 PM.
    From
    Mar 14, 2018, 5:32 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #690

I think it's safe to say it's a bit hookey, so here is the contact page for TOMENOSUKE International:
    http://tomenosuke.bandec-japan.com/en/contact

You need address all issues there only then can you hope to see some kind of positive action taken, just more queries they receive the quicker they will have to before they start with the next run, just think car recalls etc.
    No one can say they don't feel the pain of a fellow collector but it appears that the number of increasing posts regarding certain defects are looking for answers here when their first port of call should be the initial source i.e. the manufacturer.
    This is not a telling off, it's more of a call to arms so to speak, if you have an issue with blaster for sure share it with the community but get on to Tomenosuke highlight the issue and click send. the more reports they receive the quicker they should act accordingly.

http://tomenosuke.bandec-japan.com/en/contact
    From
    UK
    Mar 14, 2018, 6:31 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #691

Kylo1 said: View Post
    Due to these comments I will have to check the grips on mine as its been in its box since I got it in November but from the photos I took back then (not the best I know!) and from what I remember, they didn't seemed fine. And with regards to spare parts, I don't believe Tomeosuke keep spares. I had a damaged box with my order and after not getting much help from HCG, I emailed Mune at Tomenosuke who confirmed that they had no spare boxes and had to wait for this next run for a replacement

Attachment 802153Attachment 802155

I checked last night when exchanging my damaged box and the grips are fine
  17. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Mar 14, 2018, 6:54 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #692

Last edited by Moviefreak; 1 Week Ago at 10:06 AM.
    From
    Mar 14, 2018, 8:23 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #693

Sorry to be that guy but what would be the logic in the grips being changed when the rest of the blaster is essentially same. I think that is real question that has most people perplexed.
    Mar 14, 2018, 8:30 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #694

The New grip is smaller. Some edges are rounded. Edge supposed to be laser sharp. New mold is probably messed up. I get angry when some people say that its not a big a deal. Why some of you pay 1K for a high end blaster when you donít care about details like this ? I donít get it.
    Last edited by Dredd2015; Mar 14, 2018 at 8:37 AM.
  20. RPF Premium Member CAPTAINCOX's Avatar
    From
    Munich, Germany
    Mar 14, 2018, 9:56 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #695

Cheers guys for the pointers on the Receiver and Bolt. Havenít had time to check if those screws on top of the Receiver does the job, will check it out later tonight: As for starting to file away at that Chamfer...I guess if I take it really slow...prob is I will start to file away the paint as well and I have no clue as to what paint Tomenosuke uses, it could end up in a real Fup. I will take that decision when I get there.
  21. RPF Premium Member DarthChrisDK's Avatar
    Mar 14, 2018, 10:33 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #696

Sorry to be that guy but what would be the logic in the grips being changed when the rest of the blaster is essentially same. I think that is real question that has most people perplexed.
    Molds wear out.
  22. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Mar 14, 2018, 10:46 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #697

DarthChrisDK said: View Post
    Molds wear out.
    Yep, or they switched resin formulas and it shrank a bit maybe. Mine I just received last week is like the ones being posted but it’s not a show-stopper. Honestly I didn’t notice until people started posting pics on here.
    From
    Mar 14, 2018, 11:21 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #698

Q&A'd
    Cheers
    From
    Portland, OR
    Mar 14, 2018, 11:33 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #699

Q&A'd
    Cheers
    Thanks for the link to the contact form, by the way! I'm sitting here at my home office eagerly awaiting my delivery (it's like Christmas as a kid, I couldn't sleep last night!), but I've got the contact form open in case I have to report this issue. Either way, pics coming when it arrives!
    Mar 14, 2018, 11:36 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #700

On my grips, I think the rounding is a bit less than that previously pictured, but still there. The impression I get, purely speculative, is that that perhaps someone with a bench-mounted buffing machine was told to polish the grips but ended up polishing some sharp corners round that ought to have been spared. That might explain why rounding is more severe on some units than others.

The color of the grips is beautiful, though, and is the same color as the Blade Runner whisky. I will wait to see if anyone figures out anything with the bolt/receiver. I am not all that handy--why I got the assembled one in the first place.