Subscribe
    Mar 13, 2018, 6:50 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #651

More people should raport it. Inspect everything inch by inch.
  2. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Mar 13, 2018, 7:08 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #652

Last edited by Moviefreak; 5 Days Ago at 10:06 AM.
    From
    UK
    Mar 13, 2018, 7:48 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #653

Moviefreak said: View Post
    Spare boxes for the November batch were sent by Tomenosuke. Those who had issues with that batch should be getting their replacements soon. They were already shipped those out last week.

Please note, only those who had an issue and reported it back in November/December are getting replacement boxes. Mune only made a few extra boxes, enough to cover those replacements. Any box damages from this new run will be handled by Tomenosuke and I am not sure if they planned for this by making extras or not. The may or may not have. I just want to be clear on that so people don’t assume we have a bunch of extras now sitting around.
    Thanks for that Rich. I will hopefully receive mine any time now then
    From
    Victoria, BC
    Mar 13, 2018, 8:33 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #654

Sent in my email to HCG customer service about the grips. Hopefully something will come of it. Don’t mind waiting, just want it corrected.
    Mar 13, 2018, 8:39 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #655

HCG should inspect blasters before shipping.
    Mar 13, 2018, 9:11 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #656

Dredd2015 said: View Post
    HCG should inspect blasters before shipping.
    That's the manufacturers job.
  7. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Baltimore, MD
    Mar 13, 2018, 9:12 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #657

Moviefreak said: View Post
    This is not going to be a message easily answered with a solution. Tomenosuke will need to be contacted and then customer service will need to wait to hear back from them about the situation. So please have some patience and allow HCG to get answers from Tomenosuke.
    Oh Iím not worried about it. Basically the only reason I even messaged them is so theyíd know since it seems like itís an issue with more than just one or two. If I could get some extra grips, that would be great, if not, itís a barely noticeable issue to me and Iím happy with what I received.

Now I just need to work up the courage to weather it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    Mar 13, 2018, 10:13 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #658

This is my first attempt at bluing and scruffing up on something as expensive as this but I'm quite'ish happy with the result and can also re-do it which modellers curse I suppose. But just take your time and decide how you're going to approach it, that being said I've no idea what your skill level is at so you'll probably smash it out the park mate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180217_141650.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	802233 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180217_141428.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	802236
    From
    London, UK
    Mar 13, 2018, 10:23 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #659

mgb969 said: View Post
    This is my first attempt at bluing and scruffing up on something as expensive as this but I'm quite'ish happy with the result and can also re-do it which modellers curse I suppose. But just take your time and decide how you're going to approach it, that being said I've no idea what your skill level is at so you'll probably smash it out the park mate
    Looks really good bud and you definitely have more balls than me to be able to have a go at it! It's something I've been super tempted to do but not got the nerve for it
    From
    Mar 13, 2018, 10:30 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #660

Squeaky bum time all the way
  11. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Mar 13, 2018, 10:37 AM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #661

You jerk you got me pawing over mine now and yes I have the same flash line but don't recall the reddish markings but have refinished the receiver though.

Lol! My bad, mate
    Mar 13, 2018, 12:08 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #662

mackle89 said: View Post
    That's the manufacturers job.
    HCG should inspect it because there is a issue (probably) with the whole batch.
    From
    Portland, OR
    Mar 13, 2018, 12:16 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #663

Dredd2015 said: View Post
    HCG should inspect it because there is a issue (probably) with the whole batch.
    Search the #tomenosuke tag on Instagram, and join the Propsummit group on Facebook. There are examples on each of blasters from the recent batch that do not have the grip issue.
    From
    liverpool
    Mar 13, 2018, 1:40 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #664

Yorkie Fett said: View Post
    Thatís good news- everything Iíve heard is positive, so far.
    I do find it strange, however, that UK C&E are letting these through (I donít want to turn this in to a VCR act moan, as itís been discussed many times before!).
    I know weíre not the bad guys, but when you consider that youíve got a very heavy, realistic gun shaped object coming in to the country, you might think the powers to be might kick up more of a fuss.
    Finger hovering, as we speak!
    yorkie,it turned up this morning at work.paid the ups driver the duty/tax waited all day till i went home to unpack it.omg am i happy!very happy with mine,much better than you think when it is in your hand go for it mate,you will be happy.
    From
    Snowy Hoth
    Mar 13, 2018, 2:20 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #665

stussy said: View Post
    yorkie,it turned up this morning at work.paid the ups driver the duty/tax waited all day till i went home to unpack it.omg am i happy!very happy with mine,much better than you think when it is in your hand go for it mate,you will be happy.
    Excellent. Bet youíll be playing with it all night (the blaster, that is!).
    Was ready to go, but the recent QC issues have put me on hold till we find out what the score is!
    Had the package been opened?
    From
    liverpool
    Mar 13, 2018, 2:28 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #666

Yorkie Fett said: View Post
    Excellent. Bet you’ll be playing with it all night (the blaster, that is!).
    Was ready to go, but the recent QC issues have put me on hold till we find out what the score is!
    Had the package been opened?
    package was still sealed,i can't see anything wrong with my blaster thank god,can't believe how lucky i was with the import charge.
    From
    Mar 13, 2018, 2:34 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #667

stussy said: View Post
    The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Commencement No 3) Order 2007: firearms measures refers to realistic firearms i.e. airsoft rifles and pistols which is why you need to be UKRA registered to buy and import as they fire projectiles i'e' BB's and look like the real steel guns they're based upon. The Blade Runner Blaster a science fiction prop replica incapable in it's imported state of firing or be made to fire (expel) any projectile, so it's ridiculous to to suggest that the VCR would even be the remotist of considerations for UK Customs to consider apart from the FACT that on all imported packages there is a declaration label that describes the packages content, in this instance either "toy" or "Collectable",
    There is more than enough anecdotal evidence on this and other threads from UK purchasers that shows unlike earlier imports UK Customs and Excise do actually know what to look for.
    UK Customs are clearing these and charging a handsome VAT levy into the bargain.
    In short you have all the assurance you need to get this piece of movie memorabilia Yorkie and all UK Customs will do is charge you for the pleasure.
    From
    liverpool
    Mar 13, 2018, 2:44 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #668

how much is a handsome levy?
    The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Commencement No 3) Order 2007: firearms measures refers to realistic firearms i.e. airsoft rifles and pistols which is why you need to be UKRA registered to buy and import as they fire projectiles i'e' BB's and look like the real steel guns they're based upon. The Blade Runner Blaster a science fiction prop replica incapable in it's imported state of firing or be made to fire (expel) any projectile, so it's ridiculous to to suggest that the VCR would even be the remotist of considerations for UK Customs to consider apart from the FACT that on all imported packages there is a declaration label that describes the packages content, in this instance either "toy" or "Collectable",
    There is more than enough anecdotal evidence on this and other threads from UK purchasers that shows unlike earlier imports UK Customs and Excise do actually know what to look for.
    UK Customs are clearing these and charging a handsome VAT levy into the bargain.
    In short you have all the assurance you need to get this piece of movie memorabilia Yorkie and all UK Customs will do is charge you for the pleasure.
    From
    Mar 13, 2018, 3:01 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #669

£188.34 in my case, that's purchase+shipping x 20%.That's what anyone considering not banging on about the same issue over and over. He emailed me several times a few weeks back and I replied in-depth but still wasn't enough obviously. Anyway how much did they sting you for?
    From
    liverpool
    Mar 13, 2018, 3:15 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #670

£188.34 in my case, that's purchase+shipping x 20%.That's what anyone considering not banging on about the same issue over and over. He emailed me several times a few weeks back and I replied in-depth but still wasn't enough obviously. Anyway how much did they sting you for?
    46of my hard earn pounds my friend, as i said,thought i was lucky.
    From
    Mar 13, 2018, 3:21 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #671

You're what we call in the business as one lucky sod!!!
  22. RPF Premium Member CAPTAINCOX's Avatar
    From
    Munich, Germany
    Mar 13, 2018, 3:24 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #672

Also got mine now and I am very divided as to what I think, the reason why...

The Grip issue is of course also on my one, it must be a tool prob.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_390.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	802268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_396.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	802269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_392.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	802270

And I noticed that edge of the Bolt Handle collides with the Receiver-End sorta halfway and cuts in to the chamfer of the Receiver.
    It also pushes the Receiver-End towards the Receiver, look at the gap between the two parts. If I would fasten the screw for Receiver-End it would collide even earlier.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_395.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	802274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_394.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	802273

It seems that the Chamfer edge of the Receiver hasn't been finished properly, look at the edge, its all jaggy and uneven.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_391.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	802271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0369.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	792.9 KB 
ID:	802275

I have not informed HCG yet, thought I check here first if any of you guys have the same problem with the Receiver/Bolt Handle as me.

Cheers Guys
    Last edited by CAPTAINCOX; Mar 13, 2018 at 3:54 PM.
    From
    liverpool
    Mar 13, 2018, 3:29 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #673

mgb969 when did you get your blaster?did you get a phone call from ups asking what your paecel was?did you have to sign a form saying what it was?
  24. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Mar 13, 2018, 3:47 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #674

@CAPTAINCOX I have similar issues with my receiver. Small gap where you’ve mentioned, although not as much. On the receiver it looks like it wasn’t cut/filed all the way. Because of this my bolt action rise all the way or doesn’t slide back.

hoping this a solvable issue with simple filing.
  25. RPF Premium Member D48thRonin's Avatar
    Mar 13, 2018, 4:16 PM - Re: Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights #675

Mechanized2400 said: View Post
    Same issue with mine as well. However Iím not too worried about the grips. But, the bolt action doesnít extend back. Hmm.

Mechanized2400 said: View Post
    @CAPTAINCOX I have similar issues with my receiver. Small gap where youíve mentioned, although not as much. On the receiver it looks like it wasnít cut/filed all the way. Because of this my bolt action rise all the way or doesnít slide back.
    FYI, there is very little travel in the bolt - that's just how it is, not a defect.

This is the extent of it:

Name:	Tomen bolt.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	802296