Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

Thanks a lot Eagle,
This gives me a good idea of which direction to (buy or build) go with, so I can go ahead and start planning the internal and exterior ideas.
Cheers.

Thanks a lot Eagle,
This gives me a good idea of which direction to (buy or build) go with, so I can go ahead and start planning the internal and exterior ideas.
Cheers.
Sorry, did you mean the Worlcon version above? I was quoting for the 2049 one. I suspect though that the foam size will be similar for all.

Sorry, did you mean the Worlcon version above? I was quoting for the 2049 one. I suspect though that the foam size will be similar for all.
No mate, it is the 2049 I've ordered so bang on. So it's all about finding a box with those internal dimensions or it's a build of some some sought.
Cheers

Ordered mine back in October last year. I wrote Customer Support at HC asking when they expect the next batch from Tomenosuke and they answered mid February..I so hope so, ME WANTS!

2049 Blaster shipped and immediately had an Oh ****! moment as I contemplated the import charge. Anybody from the UK had any such issues?

2049 Blaster shipped and immediately had an Oh S!@T! moment as I contemplated the import charge. Anybody from the UK had any such issues?

Considered buying M2019 Deluxe Prop Replica OFFWORLD Inc Rare for $499- $76 shipping and $140 import charges but wasn't sure if that was the sellers estimation or not, plus it wasn't a Tomenosuke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered mine back in October last year. I wrote Customer Support at HC asking when they expect the next batch from Tomenosuke and they answered mid February..I so hope so, ME WANTS!

Weak. They told me the next batch would be the end of January. Guess I have to wait a few more weeks.

Weak? You do realize that the quoted time is out of HCG’s control, right? Tomenosuke is in control of when they will ship the next batch to the HCG warehouse, and HCG can only tell you the latest word from Tomenosuke. There is no way to call Tomenosuke and say, “we have customers getting impatient and complaining, so please hurry up”. :lol
Initially Tomenosuke said they would be shipped by the end of January, but now have changed the date to February. At least they are only saying the delay is a couple weeks and not months.

I know it's not HCG's fault. It's not anybody's fault. I'm not blaming anybody. It will get here when it gets here. I've waited way longer than an extra two weeks for lots of things. That doesn't make it less weak, haha.

Edit to clarify: the fact that the shipment had an unforeseen delay is weak, not that HCG told me a different shipment time than another person.

Last edited:
I just factored-in potential charges when I ordered it. Part o’ the business. ;)
Yeah there is that but after looking into it it's not written in stone some things sail through some things get held up for ages, some it item (over x-amount) get charged others don't.
I that black and white kind of certainty know what I mean.?

I registered just to say that I'm pumped to be receiving my Tomenosuke Blaster from HCG in a few weeks... and also that the shipment delay was in no way unforeseen if you've kept in contact with HCG.

I've wanted a blaster since I first discovered the film at a friend's house via the director's cut DVD when I was a freshman in high school (sorry older brothers and sisters, I wasn't born until the year after the film was released in theaters!), but never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd be able to justify owning one. I have been collecting retro video games for the past 16-17 years, though, and when I discovered one of my games fetched about 2x what HCG wanted for one of these blasters, it was a pretty painless discussion with my wife. I pre-ordered a blaster on the 12-pay plan, paid the deposit, sold the game a week later, paid the blaster off and then put a ton of money in savings. The wait has seemed interminable, but that's just because we're accustomed in this day and age to immediate gratification (and I'm very much aware there are people waiting on pre-orders who paid months before me.)

Anyway... every time I've checked in with HCG—from mid-December (before I even put down a deposit) on—they've told me Tomenosuke was estimating end of January but it was more likely to be early-to-mid February. If in doubt, just email or call them!

Last edited:
Yeah there is that but after looking into it it's not written in stone some things sail through some things get held up for ages, some it item (over x-amount) get charged others don't.
I that black and white kind of certainty know what I mean.?

If you’re buying from hcg and receiving in the uk factor in about £160.00 in import tax/customs fee.

If you’re buying from hcg and receiving in the uk factor in about £160.00 in import tax/customs fee.
Thanks, I used a site that calculates the fees and it came out at £212 so that sounds a little better at least. Either way I'll have to steel myself to take the pain! :cry :sick

Just received the felt I planned to part-line my presentation box for the blaster and the idiots have sent it in a flat envelope which means it's creased to buggery and can't iron it flat due to the adhesive backing, great job you dicks!

This whole blaster thing is doing my nut in! but on a lighter note just watching The Blues Brothers(1980) and the opening shot is Blade Runner

I really do hate all you redonkulously gifted B******S with your building this and weathering that , just wish I had a fraction of your talent but I'm gonna 'ave a go anyway!
I came across The RPF and Propsummit last year in my search for the best Blade Runner blaster (or SSG Blaster as I knew it having made a resin kit of one around 1992) available but after reading thread after thread I knew I couldn't find a Tomenosuke I didn't need a mortgage to own.
I got myself a really nice (not perfect but really nice) ABS/Epoxy Resin replica last year from a guy on Etsy and I've been scouring the web until I bit the bullet and got the updated tommy a few weeks ago which is now in customs hell at the moment and which I will not touch.
So with the imminent arrival the new blaster due I've decided to have ago at weathering the abs model giving me an alternative example and I'd like some advice on how to go about doing it on abs as opposed to metal etc.
So any and all help would be much appreciated.​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails
This is the blaster bought last year from etsy. first thing you notice are the grips so I plan to marbleise them and it's the upper receiver and barrel that I need the advice on how to treat them and what products to use.

Any idea if HCG will sell the Pro Assembly kit version this year? I'm on the fence whether to put a deposit down on the fully assembled one or wait for the kit...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back