Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

What about applying a kind of dry-brush technique but with a soft cloth? That's the way I think I want to handle the weathering process but not sure which is the best way for each part?

I wasn't a huge fan of the matte finish on the receiver and barrel on my 'Tom so after some research, I rubbed in a few drops of silicone gun oil to the surface, and it really made a difference, by darkening down the surface and giving it (at least to my eyes) a darker and more metallic sheen. I realise it's not exactly weathering, but if you wanted a quick & cheap way to improve the look and make it a bit more screen accurate, then I can recommend it.
IMG_1760.JPGIMG_1765.jpg

I wasn't a huge fan of the matte finish on the receiver and barrel on my 'Tom so after some research, I rubbed in a few drops of silicone gun oil to the surface, and it really made a difference, by darkening down the surface and giving it (at least to my eyes) a darker and more metallic sheen. I realise it's not exactly weathering, but if you wanted a quick & cheap way to improve the look and make it a bit more screen accurate, then I can recommend it.

Do you rub down the entire pistol, grip and all with that, or just the barrel?

View attachment 773950View attachment 773951

Nice idea :thumbsup Do you have any pics of the other side?

Very nice.....to me it looks more like the original now. I might do that to mine :)

View attachment 774015
Cheers. Yeah there's ongoing debate about how dark/light/shiny the original prop was during filming...but I'm happy with the way mine looks now. A bit more gunmetal-ish.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m confused now. I thought the original was heavily weathered?

I believe when the original prop resurfaced in 2006 (I think) - it looked pretty weathered and much of the bluing seems to have come off...but it looked like it was in better condition at least prior to filming: http://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...ard-pistolblaster-movie-prop-photos-then-now/

Well, well. That kind of changes things. Hadn’t seen that before. I should be able to achieve an “as seen on screen” look with minimal fuss. Thanks.

So I’ve had my Tome about a week now. First BR collectible of any kind for me, and I love it. While checking out all the details I noticed the cylinder is either very tight or I’m doing something wrong that’s keeping me from popping it open. Definitely don’t want to break it, can anyone help?

So I’ve had my Tome about a week now. First BR collectible of any kind for me, and I love it. While checking out all the details I noticed the cylinder is either very tight or I’m doing something wrong that’s keeping me from popping it open. Definitely don’t want to break it, can anyone help?

Are you pressing the button that is on the left side of the blaster (when you’re looking down the barrel in firing position)?

You need to push that button forward and hold it while opening the cylinder.

Sorry to harp on... does anyone have information on what versions Tomenosuke have released of their blaster thus far?

I've been reading about the 'Toku-san edition', 'Movie Prop Version 2049', The 'HCG Exclusive version', The 'Blaster Pro', 'Blade Runner 2049 Edition', The 'Ultimate Pro Retailer Whizz-bang Carlos Fandango Super Charged Limited Edition' and I'm like 'WTF'? :confused

Is there a definitive list of versions and, hopefully, what revisions/changes were made from model to model? Pics of box art would be great, too.

Are you pressing the button that is on the left side of the blaster (when you’re looking down the barrel in firing position)?

You need to push that button forward and hold it while opening the cylinder.

Problem solved. Button was super tight on mine, but once it moved, the cylinder popped right open. Thanks.

Heads up, I’ve owned the HCG exclusive since it was released and my trigger locked up. Took the whole thing apart and found that the little pate that the hammer strikes had come loose. You will have to remove the hammer and the bulldog handle. It is held on by two Phillips head screws, just screw it back on and reassemble the whole thing. Just in case anyone runs into this problem.

Last edited:
Sorry to harp on... does anyone have information on what versions Tomenosuke have released of their blaster thus far?

I've been reading about the 'Toku-san edition', 'Movie Prop Version 2049', The 'HCG Exclusive version', The 'Blaster Pro', 'Blade Runner 2049 Edition', The 'Ultimate Pro Retailer Whizz-bang Carlos Fandango Super Charged Limited Edition' and I'm like 'WTF'? :confused

Is there a definitive list of versions and, hopefully, what revisions/changes were made from model to model? Pics of box art would be great, too.

Never heard of the Fandango one.

A definitive list would be pretty cool. I wonder if anyone has done one.

There is a summary of some of the Tomenosuke releases on this web page.http://www.tomenosuke.com/blaster/#

By no means definitive, but anyway:
1) Tomenosuke Blaster Pro Assembled, bought Feb 2016,
2) Blaster Pro Assembled - HCG edition (with blued receiver), bought July 2016
and just for fun: 3) - Off World M2019, bought Jan 2016

IMG_1798.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back