Subscribe
    From
    Annapolis MD
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 2:14 PM - Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #1

Looks like this one will mark the end of the original Guardians lineup.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7879246.html
    It would be cool to see more of the Stallone Guardians group. Maybe, even a stand alone prequel with how his original unit formed, with Yondu.
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 4:32 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #2

Pratt's definitely on-board for more Marvel.

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pratt...arvel-studios/
  3. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 5:05 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #3

Well that's sad news for me. I know the team changes all the time in comics, your head can spin keeping up with ten zillion characters in some of the comics. But I'm not a big Stallone fan myself, I may not embrace that as much and I'm huge Rocket fan so I hope Rocket gets a stand alone, he surely could carry it as he has in comics.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 7, 2017, 2:23 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #4

3 being the last incarnation of 'this team'.

Technically speaking, just 1 person has to leave for it to be a 'different incarnation'.
    From
    Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
    1 Week Ago  Aug 7, 2017, 4:23 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #5

After volume 2, I'd be happy if the Guardians just made appearances in other Marvel movies. 2 was ok, but it didn't leave me wanting more.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 7:59 AM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #6

The tricky part about this is that, at least in my opinion, a big part of why the current Guardians films have been successful is their emphasis on self-created families. And that includes the audience itself. You start taking family members out of the equation, and the audience will feel less of a connection to the people on screen. Now, if it's managed well, it won't be an issue, but otherwise, I think it could be a problem.

As for the Stallone team? Meh. I was fine with them just being a hat-tip in the film. If I want more Stallone -- or other ageing action stars -- there's the Expendables films.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 6:40 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #7

Solo4114 said: View Post
    The tricky part about this is that, at least in my opinion, a big part of why the current Guardians films have been successful is their emphasis on self-created families. And that includes the audience itself. You start taking family members out of the equation, and the audience will feel less of a connection to the people on screen. Now, if it's managed well, it won't be an issue, but otherwise, I think it could be a problem.

As for the Stallone team? Meh. I was fine with them just being a hat-tip in the film. If I want more Stallone -- or other ageing action stars -- there's the Expendables films.
    I was just getting technical...stuff like that gets tossed out all the time. They could ALL up for more post Vol 3 as well. Staying technical you could argue the 'family' changed from Vol 1 to Vol 2 with the addition into the family of Yondu, Nebula, and what's her name (Kurt Russel's assistant So, adding another 1 or 2 to the list makes it a different incarnation as well.
    From
    Orlando, FL
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 3:01 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #8

I just hope Vol3 gives us Guardians that aren't going through growing pains anymore. My biggest dislike was that Vol2 gave them very little time for growth as it followed the first so closely. I want to see Peter have a little more weight on his shoulders, not so happy go lucky all the time. A home base at KNOWHERE with Cosmo on the crew is another hope of mine
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 3:38 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #9

NO MORE STALLONE!.. (please!)

Was the single worst point of the movie for me. Totally took me out of the 'movie'
  10. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 4:33 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #10

xl97 said: View Post
    NO MORE STALLONE!.. (please!)

Was the single worst point of the movie for me. Totally took me out of the 'movie'
    It is very hard to see him as a character other than "Stallone" after many decades of massive public exposure.
    Sort of becomes Stallone in space basically.
    From
    Palo Alto, CA
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #11

I think it could work - even with Stallone. I thought he was able to put aside his typical moviestar "swagger" and honored the role as written.

Before watching the film I completely expected him to take me out of GotGv2 but he didn't. I was impressed at how much restraint he put forth in his acting. He didn't chew scenery or try to consume every scene. Stallone didn't spoil the Ravager funeral scene and I still cried. That's enough for me.

He had more "stillness" than I can ever recall. Sure, some of that has to do with the director and writing but a lot of it has to do with the actor himself. Stallone has a lot more professional discipline than I give him credit for. In the hands of James Gunn I could see this working.
    Last edited by dascoyne; 1 Week Ago at 6:01 PM.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 11, 2017, 7:13 AM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #12

I didn't mind Stallone. He was okay in Vol 2.

I honestly don't want this version of the Guardians to end. The films are a lot of fun. All the characters have their comedic side and while some may find that annoying that they can't take somebody like Drax seriously, I really don't care because these movies are really enjoyable. I feel like we haven't seen enough of them. There are so much more stories to tell with all the non-Star-Lord characters. If Stallone's group turns out to be the new iteration, then I feel like we're in for a big tonal shift from lighthearted humor that most people enjoy down to dad joke type comedy.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 12, 2017, 7:55 PM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #13

How about just stopping at 2? Endless sequels are what ruin franchises.
    From
    Hull
    1 Week Ago  Aug 13, 2017, 8:19 AM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #14

Badly written, poorly directed sequels are what ruins franchises, I have no worries on either with Guardians 3.
    6 Days Ago  Aug 14, 2017, 4:34 AM - Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3 #15

AssCred said: View Post
    How about just stopping at 2? Endless sequels are what ruin franchises.
    To each his own