Making of Darth Vader - Pepakrua

JoeAKim

Hi everyone.

First of all: Thank you for all the information, help, etc. in this forum. It helped me out a lot!

Since I have been leaching this forum for a while, I figured it might be nice to finally give something back. Therefor I decided to post my "making of"s of the 5 helmets I've created so far.

This one is about my Darth Vader helmet :)

- - - Updated - - -

This helmet was some pain in the a** since it consists of two pieces. Also it was very instable.
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Since it was so instable, I had to use tap in order to hold its shape somehow.
It was also the first time I figure it's wise to use braces (more stabl than those provided in the template)
Resin was also very very very annoying, since I was clever enough to do it outsite... but... it was winter. Well, the first time that I learned how important ambient temperature is. That stuff didn't want to dry at all. It was sticky for DAYS. After this helmet I started apreciating my wife's old hairdryer :D
6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I never put as much effort into sanding and grinding into any helmet as I had into this one. I used wet sand paper for the first time. Still I get those annyoing "pin holes"...
7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Finally a few layers of black and then glossy spray paint.
Also using a brush to paint the vents and the nose piece.
12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back