Cobra Kai Karate Kid tv comedy sequel

I should hate this with every fiber of my being but, for some reason, I’m really fascinated.
Maybe it’s because it’s not some bloated Hollywood production. But I’m definitely interested.

I really want to love this, the trailer is making me want to love this.

But after KK1 Johnny shouldn't be like this now, he learned the error of his ways and the worry is that this could come over too contrived to pit the 2 against each other again.

If it was Mike Barnes or Terry Silver in the antagonist position, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

But after KK1 Johnny shouldn't be like this now, he learned the error of his ways.

You know I thought Luke Skywalker evolved in ROTJ when he stared down one of the most powerful Jedi's in the galaxy, refused to strike, threw down his weapon, and only relied on his faith that good would triumph over evil (which it did when pops tossed Palps over the edge), only come to find out in TLJ he would relapse and resort to brute force when he believed it was necessary to assassinate his nephew, while he was sleeping mind you. So no, I guess some never learn.............

I really want to love this, the trailer is making me want to love this.

But after KK1 Johnny shouldn't be like this now, he learned the error of his ways and the worry is that this could come over too contrived to pit the 2 against each other again.

If it was Mike Barnes or Terry Silver in the antagonist position, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Here’s a theory - maybe what Johnny actually learned was to respect Daniel as a fighter but mistakenly presumed that Daniel had become strong though the same killer instinct that drove himself. Johnny wants to start the dojo and needs masters so he seeks out Daniel who has given up karate after the death of Miyagi. Daniel is appalled at the offer. Johnny makes the case to Daniel that his “Miyagi philosophy” was a farce and asks him to look inside himself - and that he’s willing to bet that, deep down, Daniel has the instincts of a killer. “You know I’m right, Daniel ...”. Maybe he goads Daniel into near self-doubt but by the time Daniel comes to his senses he realizes that Cobra Kai is gaining a following in the town. He sees children gravitating towards the dojo. Maybe even his own son wants to join Cobra Kai. Daniel then goes to confront Johnny to warn him about the danger of Cobra Kai philosophy ... and so Daniel and Johnny confront each other across a mat again.

That would be episode 1.

Here’s a theory - maybe what Johnny actually learned was to respect Daniel as a fighter but mistakenly presumed that Daniel had become strong though the same killer instinct that drove himself. Johnny wants to start the dojo and needs masters so he seeks out Daniel who has given up karate after the death of Miyagi. Daniel is appalled at the offer. Johnny makes the case to Daniel that his “Miyagi philosophy” was a farce and asks him to look inside himself - and that he’s willing to bet that, deep down, Daniel has the instincts of a killer. “You know I’m right, Daniel ...”. Maybe he goads Daniel into near self-doubt but by the time Daniel comes to his senses he realizes that Cobra Kai is gaining a following in the town. He sees children gravitating towards the dojo. Maybe even his own son wants to join Cobra Kai. Daniel then goes to confront Johnny to warn him about the danger of Cobra Kai philosophy ... and so Daniel and Johnny confront each other across a mat again.

That would be episode 1.

I like that.

Thinking about it, if Johnny has fallen on hard times and had it rough, with the current nostalgia society we are in, it is reasonable to suppose he wants to return to a time in his life when he was strong and on top. It will probably depend on how well they set up his motivation for bringing back the Cobra Kai.

I also hope they portray Daniel as strong an confident, in KK2 he won a fight to the death in Japan, with a much bigger guy too. That's got to put some metal in the nut sack, right?

I like that.

Thinking about it, if Johnny has fallen on hard times and had it rough, with the current nostalgia society we are in, it is reasonable to suppose he wants to return to a time in his life when he was strong and on top. It will probably depend on how well they set up his motivation for bringing back the Cobra Kai.

I also hope they portray Daniel as strong an confident, in KK2 he won a fight to the death in Japan, with a much bigger guy too. That's got to put some metal in the nut sack, right?

Building on the Daniel's son arc. I can see the boy getting bullied at school and having the rage to retaliate but Daniel refusing to teach his son karate for violence. He tries to be like Miyagi for his son to no avail. In rebellion the son joins up with Cobra Kai. Daniel has to act ...

Hah! This looks like they reversed the roles, I kinda like it. I do hope that Daniel and Johnny find a common ground to meet on besides the tatami in the dojo.

Seems they are not mocking the source material as I feared. Feeling better about this. More serious than I thought thankfully.

As I recall, they did announce this as a pretty hardcore comedy, so it was easy to assume they would make it more of a Brady Bunch Movie or 21 Jump Streep style parody series. But based upon the trailers, I completely agree with you... it looks like they've decided to go a more serious route and focus on continuing the original story rather than make a joke of it all. Can't wait to see this!

I agree. I read comedy. But I dont see it much at all... a couple of one liners.. poking fun at the history of the franchise.

But those have been all ok with me so far.. nothing too over the top.

The trailers just keep better for me!

I was surprised how much I like Johnny in the dojo on the mat.. with all the 'nerds' (akward kids) behind him as his 'class'..

I'm not 100% clear why Daniel is so upset though to be honest?

Johnny opens a dojo = so?
Its named Cobra Kai = so?
Looks like hes teaching kids who have been bullied to stand up for themselves = great!

Why is Daniel being such a jerk? ("not while I'm around").. - who made him the dojo police?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back