K-16 Bryar Pistol Build

Stinger

Hello All!

So, I have always been a fan of Star Wars: Dark Forces and the subsequent sequels. When Star Wars: Battlefront released the Bryar pistol, I was thoroughly impressed and just recently I have decided to build one.

If you aren't familiar, here is an image of it:

K-16_Bryar_pistol.png

Anyways, given most Star Wars guns are made from real weapons, I figured I would try and work this one from an M1911. My initial thought was that this was closer to a 1911 than it really is, but it still makes for a great base weapon. For my purposes, I bought a simple Crossman M1911 Spring airsoft pistol for about $15.

From there, I found this awesome blueprint over on DeviantArt:
k_16_bryar_blaster_pistol_blueprint__star_wars__by_craycraymado-db5hl1b.png

Also, I was able to find this excellent 3D model of the M1911 on GrabCAD

https://grabcad.com/library/m1911-a1-redux-1

From here, I have begun my 3D model. Unlike most 3D prints of the K-16 Bryar that has been done lately, I still want to keep the 3D printed parts to a minimum. As such, I am leaving screw holes for all hardware and using what I can from the base gun as much as possible.

This is a little bit of an older WIP shot, but I wanted to share what I have done thus far. Tonight when I get back to my main PC I'll have a better update.

20614003_10155658199898923_1913779459_n.png

Let me know what you guys think!

Okay! Update!

I've re-colored the gun so you can see what is original to the pistol and what will be 3D printed. There are no screws anywhere because I hope to use real hardware. I also hope to use a decent amount of real hardware for the barrel and surrounding area.

Just gotta finish up the magazine on the side.

2.JPGCapture.JPG

Looks gooood! I wanted to make one for myself but I didn't know that battlefront model was based on M191 good eye;) looking forward how you will finish that bad boy

Looks great! Nice that someone tries a "real" version of the BF Bryar and not just a straight up copy from the game-model :D

One thing that irritates me each time (well, most of the builds at least) is the fact that people usually use standard pistol grips.

According to the description i remember it was made from a cut down sporting/hunting rifle, so the grip should look (at least for me) more like a rifle, reshaped with a sawed off Buttstock.

Not that i have put any intense investigation into what gun could look that way already, it´s just the first thought i have each time i see this blaster done.

One thing that irritates me each time (well, most of the builds at least) is the fact that people usually use standard pistol grips.

According to the description i remember it was made from a cut down sporting/hunting rifle, so the grip should look (at least for me) more like a rifle, reshaped with a sawed off Buttstock.

Not that i have put any intense investigation into what gun could look that way already, it´s just the first thought i have each time i see this blaster done.
I was gonna say that: it's supposedly a sawed-off rifle.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's probably easier to use a standard pistol grip than trying to fabricate one from scratch. I'm having that issue right now with my custom SE-14c.

The Bryar pistol was indeed a cut down rifle, however it's possible that the K-16 Bryar is in fact a mass-produced pistol.

The one thing about the Bryar pistol is the placement of the power pack. Unless your left handed, no right hip holster is gonna work with this gun.

Great job so far, even better that you were able to find some blueprints to work with for sizing everything. I'm working on a pistol from the Star Wars Galaxies MMO that was out many years ago and figuring out the dimensions I want it at is proving to be more difficult than I imagined.

It will be big. The total length is something like 12.5" or around there. An M1911 is around 8in long, and this adds another 5 inches on top of that....

It is slight smaller than other builds though, given this is not made from the game files but completely hand designed around the M1911.

I dig it man. I'm not familiar with the pistol form the games (guess I'm a bad star wars nerd), but it looks like the art you originally posted; and while the 1911 is a little different from the original (like you'd already pointed out) I think it was the right call to start with a 1911 prop as a base for it. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back