Bandai a few painted model figures

Just got back into modeling and wanted to share some of the Bandai figure's I have been working on. Mr. Fett needs a cape and I am working on a base. I just wanted to post a few pictures. The work on the RPF - top notch - sorry these are bench pic's.

73DPaBZ.jpg
[/IMG]

gp8AmsO.jpg
[/IMG]

091GbhY.jpg
[/IMG]

Z0FHj8M.jpg
[/IMG]

UcVJKG2.jpg
[/IMG]

0xk0iNb.jpg
[/IMG]

What was the gold color you used on C-3PO?

Thanks Blake!, I used oven cleaner to remove the gold and then painted with alclad pale gold. I used a copper paint over the gloss black before applying the gold in a few places and it does show a bit through as well.

[Wow!!!Beautiful!! Nice to see!! Here's my Bandai sand trooper/QUOTE]

Thanks Ben Noob like the weathering that trooper looks great.

I ended up with two of the BoBa Fett models so I have been trying to make a sort of Mythos style. I filled in some joints scratch made some weapons and I still need a cloak, a gun strap for a blaster I plan to use and then a base. My sculpting is not the greatest but its been a fun project.

aQqvPFQ.jpg
[/IMG]

aLfWW9d.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks!

I really have to try out some AlClad paints. I have always been impressed how good they look for simulating metals

Love the new Boba Fett, nice little added on details. I think it's even better than the 1.0 version

Also looks much better without the joints.

I plan on picking up some of their figures at some point and I am torn between filling in the movable joints for a static pose or leaving them poseable.

They make it look more like an action figure, but you can repose in tons of cool poses, but filled in really does look better.

I guess it depends on where the joint is. On things like droids it doesn't matter, but when they are in places where there is clothing it is hard to hide

I really have to try out some AlClad paints. I have always been impressed how good they look for simulating metals

Doing a little research on AlClad and other paints. I found this video that shows some difference between metal finish paints.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAMkU6Fk-S0

I can reposition the head and torso a bit. Once the model is stationary on the base he is sort of a permanent fixture. I used Ave's and a bit of Super Glue which should hold to the base.

Blake, What is your opinion of the concept snow trooper? I think picking another Bandai kit up and maybe this would also be nice to paint up. I love the mysterious look of Boba Fett and the helmet and armor. I guess a spin off movie is in the works possibly will be interesting. Like everyone I have a bunch of kits waiting to be built and a bunch of Bandai kits.

zBSL3ly.jpg
[/IMG]

I need to pick up a round wooden base for mine. I tried to out source my wife for the cloak but I can't seem to work out a cape still working at it.

I made a rock base the bottom stand is a plumbing piece from Home Depot I picked it for .48 cents.

A few pictures:

muuNVGr.jpg
[/IMG]

NyjyN1r.jpg
[/IMG]
tnj3DnQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks!

R2 and Boba are perfect! I have a second Boba kit, too, and plan to make an Imperial Boba. :)

Thanks!

Completed the Death Trooper a while back today I dusted him off (pinewood derby building saw dust).. and set him up. I plan to do a dirt base mixed with spackling I bought some foliage I hope it all comes together.

Painted, lightly weathered and hoping it was worth the effort, managed to light this one.

Pictures:

U5v6sLr.jpg
[/IMG]

Hq7n2zb.jpg
[/IMG]

tIRPndJ.jpg
[/IMG]

ZMqJEIV.jpg
[/IMG]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back