Dr. Alchemy

This is my first mask attempt. Its of Dr. Alchemy from The Flash, for those who dont know. Any tips would be welcome...I think its comin along alright but I think it may be thin in spots...or rather not built up enough.

Attachments

• 20170803_033536.jpg
    20170803_033536.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • 20170803_033531.jpg
    20170803_033531.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • 20170803_033524.jpg
    20170803_033524.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
Quick update as it comes along....maaaan I hate eyes...even in drawing. I'd like to kick the person who came up with human anatomy, lol. If it were up to me we'd all be big blobs, problem solved. Also, one of the hardest and simultaneously funnest parts of this so far has been the sharp line down the center of the beak. Really underlines why I love monster clay and makes me wanna pick up some Cx5 and give it a go. Anyway, I love the Flash, he's been my favorite superhero since way back and I swear that I'm not making an Alchemy mask because my name is Alchemy ^_^

alch1.jpgalch2.jpgalch3.jpgalch4.jpg

alch5.jpg
alch6.jpgalch7.jpg

Lower stitching, the mask is startin to come together. Just need upper stitches, respirator outlets, and to fill the eyes then ill be ready for final cleanup and my first ever attempts at mold making lol.

Life Pro Tip: If you start a sculpt over a form that has even a little strange discrepancies...do NOT assume you can make it work later in the sculpt...Just had to scrap this whole thing and start over due to propagation of errors because the stupid form is posed at a slight angle to the left that biased the whole thing...I noticed it a little bit early, and a pro might have been able to make it work...but I couldn't, had to scrap it all.

BUT, on the plus side, I get to remake it on my Mosher face form, and it's just grand!

What a pity, it looked great in pictures. Nice to see a less common subject. Sometimes starting over is easier than fix it. Looking forward to updates!

Thanks! Yea I was so upset...but the form had a weird turn to the left that really just made it impossible to fix. BUT given my experience there Im a bit quicker now. Almost back to the stitching. Once I have that Ill start updating!

Some updates finally...I think I liked the overall shape of the first iteration but this one is actually closer to the real thing but still taking a bit of artistic license. Sorry its taken so long but its been so hard to find the forms properly, the soul of the piece...so I decided I HAD to move on otherwise Id still be refining the basic shape of the "beak".

20170902_205053.jpg

As you can see Ive started on the stitching...after that itll just be the vents and small refinements.

20170902_205119.jpg

E: Dont mind the cat hair. She feels its her duty to make all my things her bed and barring that her rubbing post. Lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back