The Walking Dead Season 8

While Shiva did take out at least one walker....I would have liked to see it take a few more out and really go down fighting til the end. But, it kinda just sat there and took it. I'm sure filming a scene like that isn't really very easy, but come on....use the budget you have with something really great.

I️ was (that’s a test) I️ did how ever enjoy the walkers creeping up on the king at the gate. It was suspenseful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

dont know why i can't type the letter I on tapatalk... weird

I am, I️ was, I️ hope I️ I️ I️ test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what the hell... i gotta look into this now

need to update the damn iPod, sorry for the confusion guys...

What the hell is up with the SUPER jeep taking 50cal hits with just some sparks flying off of it? :wacko Daryl taking out the guy with a pistol while on the bike? :lol Rick jumping from SUPER jeep to moving humvee ,ejecting guy... rolling humvee into a ravine, and walking away without a scratch...:rolleyes Maybe they should rename the show The Walking A-Team.

I said the same thing while watching it over with my dad. If a .50 cal round hit that jeep it would have probably went straight into the engine block. They just had steam shoot out like it hit the radiator!

The worst part IMO was when Carol was in a stalemate with those guys SITTING ON THE GROUND AT THE FRONT OF A HUMVEE. Hey, why not just lay down and shoot them under the Humvee? Nope. WTH?!

Worst writing of any season yet.

I said the same thing to myself while watching! Just drop and take out legs and feet! lol The 50 cal crap killed me though. Might as well have been shooting a .22!

I said the same thing while watching it over with my dad. If a .50 cal round hit that jeep it would have probably went straight into the engine block. They just had steam shoot out like it hit the radiator!

The worst part IMO was when Carol was in a stalemate with those guys SITTING ON THE GROUND AT THE FRONT OF A HUMVEE. Hey, why not just lay down and shoot them under the Humvee? Nope. WTH?!

Worst writing of any season yet.

No doubt. That 50cal couldn't even bust out the windshield? And when it finally did hit the windshield frame it just goes 'ding'..?

Sometimes its like the writers can't put themselves inside the characters heads...after Carol had been shooting at the Saviors with a machine gun she flicks her little revolver under the truck and says 'I'm unarmed" and they don't give it a 2nd thought.
I didn't like how the Savior Humvee driver first swerved like crazy to keep Rick from getting beside him but once he was right there they both just drove nice and straight so Rick could climb over.
At least it was realistic that Jerry's ax broke when he tried to pry the chains.
And yeah, Shiva didn't really go nuts like you'd figure a 500 lb tiger would - damn I've seen house cats put out more energy when they don't want you touching them.

I keep expecting Tony Robbins to show up and join in on one of these "team building" speeches.

Holy hell, everyone has to give a speech, now!? Seriously, it's one big motivational seminar after another...

I join the self loathing; I hate myself, too...

-Rylo

Oh yes, this series has officially used up its quota of dramatic, emotional and or inspirational speeches. Literally fast forwarding them now.

And yeah, lame tiger death. Maybe a hundred zombies converging on it would be a problem, but that thing would be able to knock that small amount over like bowling pins, let alone get pinned down and eaten by them.

I said the same thing to myself while watching! Just drop and take out legs and feet! lol The 50 cal crap killed me though. Might as well have been shooting a .22!

I'm not a gun person at all, so I couldn't tell you the ballistic power of that gun... except for the fact that we just saw it punch holes in a field full of people from a long distance...

then a moment later.. PING! PING!

A .50 caliber browning machine gun will SHRED a vehicle in just a few seconds. The rounds are big, and they do lots of damage to anything they hit. There is a reason they've been in service for close to 100 years now. And they are really, really loud.

If the show was trying to be realistic at all, Rick and Daryl would have been nothing but red mist on the highway. That Jeep would have been a pile of smoking metal. And those guys firing it from inside a small room without hearing protection would have been very deaf.

Last edited:
Basically what Noeland said. The Jeep would have been a smoking pile of swiss cheese in seconds and any human hit by a .50cal is instant pink mist. My other gripe is this... Is this whole season going to be just ONE day?????:wacko

No-- I get what a 50 cal will do. I'm just saying if they thought they could pass off a jeep shrugging off those bullets, they shouldn't have shown the giving the results you'd expect a few scenes previous when it punched holes in people from 20 yards away. They shot up their own suspension of disbelief.

Last edited:
....And "Fear the Walking Dead" adds another former "Deadwood" star. That's at least 4 so far. (Ray McKinnon is now a cast member as well). Not sure why the spin-off keeps getting the more talented cast, but I'm digging it.

I know this should be in the ftwd thread, but it is interesting here.
21cf15576e15ba1de35ab3e3569da169.jpg

"Fear the Walking Deadwood"

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back