The Walking Dead Season 8

Funny we thought the same about Clinton! Lol!!!
I thought she was more like Jill Stein lol but I'm looking forward to this all out war storyline concluding and moving onto the Whisperer's. If done right they could make the Walking Dead scary again. Negan is pretty much the Governor 2.0. He has morals and wants to protect his people and keep order much like Rick does, but just uses different methods to do so. I think the show is at its best when Rick and co face people that no longer retain any real humanity like the Terminus group.

There was some pretty good action between Rick and Negan but come on, yet another encounter between them where both get away unharmed again. Rick has aim like a stormtrooper.

Ya, Stormtrooper Effect in action. That was ridiculous. That being said this episode was pretty solid because it finally subverted audience expectations. The Rick/Negan showdown was completely unexpected. I also like how Simon played Dwight into believing he wanted to work with the other communities, but then gives a big speech to exterminate them, making him even worse than Negan. I'm very interested to see how the whole Dwight storyline will pan out.

In the previous 7.5 seasons we've seen all manner of characters get up close and grizzly when taking out walker and getting a good dose of blood spatter in the face. We've even seen them purposefully cover themselves in guts to pass through hordes. We've seen them swill around in water and swamps full of the dead.

All of these would be way more than enough to pass on any viruses from the dead to the living and yet it has never happened, not once. So what's with Negan's plan right now? Surely that can't work? If it does, it may well be the shark jumping moment for me.

I think they're mainly doing it because it's in the comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so who’s Hilary Clinton and is she in the comics?!

I wonder if they're going to reverse the order for some arcs in the comics.

I think they're mainly doing it because it's in the comics.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if they're going to reverse the order for some arcs in the comics.

I stopped after the war... whispers were too much for me

I was wondering if the junk yard lady was going to become the leader of the whispers and rick not helping her, be the reason she comes back after them

I don’t know Georgie’s role, she’s in the books too?

Somehow Rick goes from easily headshotting walkers left and right to firing off random shots which all miss. Oh and to make it even better, he makes sure to click the gun twice so Negan knows he's empty. WTF happened to the writers? None of these people would have survived this long if they acted like this!

O.K. so now if thou spread zombie guts all over thine self you could get infected and turn . ummm humm .
Apparently that's Gabriel's problem . which also gave Negan his bright idea .

But at the same time they are getting ready to introduce us to group that lives 24/7 coverd in zombie goo ??????????????

Oh yeah and if there like the comic, they go around rapeing each other while covered in zombie goo too !

Makes no sense at all .

Oh yeah and we forgot about windmills .

O.K. so now if thou spread zombie guts all over thine self you could get infected and turn . ummm humm .
Apparently that's Gabriel's problem . which also gave Negan his bright idea .

But at the same time they are getting ready to introduce us to group that lives 24/7 coverd in zombie goo ??????????????

Oh yeah and if there like the comic, they go around rapeing each other while covered in zombie goo too !

Makes no sense at all .

Oh yeah and we forgot about windmills .

yuuuuup my thoughts exactly... this contradicts every single time they have done this... and i believe rick and glenn did this in season 1 in the city to get away from the hoard... has these new writers even watched the pervious seasons?

also, im amazed no one is speculating or talking about rick underneath the tree with the bloody hand, at the end of the carol death episode

i dont see this being talked about anywhere? the scene was so out of place, and i cant think of any reason for it to be in there other than a editing mistake?

I suppose there could be a chance that it doesn't work...an incorrect assumption by Negan. Not holding my breath though.

yuuuuup my thoughts exactly... this contradicts every single time they have done this... and i believe rick and glenn did this in season 1 in the city to get away from the hoard... has these new writers even watched the pervious seasons?

also, im amazed no one is speculating or talking about rick underneath the tree with the bloody hand, at the end of the carol death episode

i dont see this being talked about anywhere? the scene was so out of place, and i cant think of any reason for it to be in there other than a editing mistake?

Again, Negan coating weapons in goo, and people using goo as camouflage, are both in the comics. The writers, who do have their faults, are not to blame for this one. The original story is.

Ummmmmm, what Carol death scene. Did I miss something?

yup sorry carl. the episode that shows carls death. and the very end rick wakes up under a tree in the same cloths we see him in through out the episode, his right hand is covered in blood. really really weird

Having sworn off the comedic mess that became the Walking Dead, I actually watched this past weeks episode, and nothings changed.

However,
the argument of the zombie guts being used as a weapon, what if they are not going to just hurl guts over the wall BUT use the guts the same way Natives used poison arrow frogs, just the tip, pun intended. Infect a few forcing their own people to either deal with it or become it. Im giving this show way too much creative credit to come up with that, but, what if, poison arrows. What I would expect from what this show has become however in terms of poison arrow is the song from the 80's band ABC to play on a car radio as the group of slap stick survivors drives up to a Frosty Freeze in search of supplies yet trapped inside of the Frosty Freeze is a squad of zombie cheerleaders...

What...the...****?!?!
That's the whisperer's they live like wild beasts there only protection is a zombie skin they wear . and like wild animals there is no such thing as rape, they just do what they want !

But IDK how there not all dead if zombie blood gets you sick NOW .

I think zombie blood SHOULD turn you if you get it in a open wound or swallow it . but the show has proven time and time again that just is not the case.

Rick cutting his hand ( I think it was how he got the stupid red machete actually ) while it was covered in zombie blood was the example when I first mentioned it on here and everyone explained " Bites only" .

They already decided not to use Negans idea to infect them and attack hilltop to wipe them out so we probably won't see if it would have worked or not .

But unless there is another reason Gabriel is sick then I can't wait for them to explain the whisperer's .

That's the whisperer's they live like wild beasts there only protection is a zombie skin they wear . and like wild animals there is no such thing as rape, they just do what they want !

I think zombie blood SHOULD turn you if you get it in a open wound or swallow it . but the show has proven time and time again that just is not the case.

Rick cutting his hand ( I think it was how he got the stupid red machete actually ) while it was covered in zombie blood was the example when I first mentioned it on here and everyone explained " Bites only" .

They already decided not to use Negans idea to infect them and attack hilltop to wipe them out so we probably won't see if it would have worked or not .

But unless there is another reason Gabriel is sick then I can't wait for them to explain the whisperer's .

Haven't they have been changing the rules all along? Way back in season 1 or 2, they were at the CDC and the guy working there ended up blowing himself up with the building, but before he died, he made sure to tell Rick that "everyone is already infected". You just need to die for the infection to kick in. But then the show made it ONLY from a bite by a zombie... and now you just need to get in contact with their blood. The writers seem to just make new rules per season.

This isn't entirely accurate, IIRC...

The Whisperer's skin the zombies and tan the hides so it's not like they're wearing blood and gut soaked skins. And it's not like its a protective coating. It's simply camouflage, and they don't talk and draw attention. They simply "whisper" to each other.

They may still use Neegan's idea, but under the direction of the guy with the mustache. Can't think of his name. We'll have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't they have been changing the rules all along? Way back in season 1 or 2, they were at the CDC and the guy working there ended up blowing himself up with the building, but before he died, he made sure to tell Rick that "everyone is already infected". You just need to die for the infection to kick in. But then the show made it ONLY from a bite by a zombie... and now you just need to get in contact with their blood. The writers seem to just make new rules per season.

I don't think this is accurate either. Everyone is still infected and will turn no matter how they die. Even after they kill people, they always stab them in the head so they don't turn.

I think the bite just accelerates the death.

Not saying it makes sense, but those seem to be the rules of the walking dead.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back