The Walking Dead Season 8

Oh yea ... what's with Rick's crew shooting the upper story windows of the Sanctuary? I kept hearing Hans Gruber say ... schieß dem Fenster. :lol

30 plus guns trained on Negan and company for 10 minutes worth of speeches and nobody takes the shot?! This is after Rick gives the speech that nobody has to die BUT NEGAN! But, but, let's give him a while to hip-swivel and talk about his crank after he saunters onto the balcony.

Oh well, let's passive aggressively shoot out some windows with this hard earned ammo.

I knew better than to get suckered in again. 100% My fault.

-Rylo

I really wanted this to be a good start to the season. Last season felt like they fired all the best people working on the show and replaced them with 2nd rate hacks. Terrible writing, editing, story lines. Stuff that makes absolutely no sense at all! Looks like we will be getting more of the same this season.

A few things that bothered me so much it prohibited me from enjoying the episode.

The most major problem with this episode was Negan standing out in the open with 50+ guns trained on him to give a speech. This is incredibly stupid writing! Especially immediately after showing us all this amazing sniper fire taking out the dudes on the roof and the guy in the hunter's treestand earlier. Someone is an amazing shot shooting guys through the head from 100's of yards away. Why would anyone ever write this scene like this??? Shows are good when people watching them aren't asking these questions out loud during the episode. It's just so damn distracting! These kinds of scenes need to be broken down and thought out well before filming. Run them by some kind of LE or military consultant, or even a small group of people with IQs over 100 who's primary job is to ask simple logical questions. "Does this make tactical sense? Absolutely Not!"

Also, we are way past the point of negotiating. There is no living in peace-just surrender and we will let you live type of talk. It's down to straight up killing now. If your going to show Rick's crew indiscriminately murdering outpost guys without any reservations. Don't have them try to broker some kind of peace treaty 5 minutes later.

Also, chopping up the episode with present day Rick, dream sequence fake beard Rick and sad red eyes Rick is a mistake and a waste of time. Is this supposed to add mystery to the show? It's mostly confusing and distracting.

Ok, rant off, sorry. Just really wanted more out of this show. The older season's didn't suffer from any of these problems and had some incredibly good moments. It was my favorite thing on TV for a while.

:lol You KNOW you love it! :lol

We need to start a new thread maybe, I'm a TWD Fanatic who just can't let go!

Plenty of Members would be with ya! :D

I knew better than to get suckered in again. 100% My fault.

-Rylo

I stopped watching last season when I realized how bad the current writers and showrunner are. I guess the current state of the show is the result of firing or scaring off the past showrunners in addition to not paying their royalties. I don't think that AMC really cares, because the show garners high ratings regardless of how terrible the writing is. They just need to keep Rick, Daryl and zombies to maintain general audience interest.

:lol You KNOW you love it! :lol

We need to start a new thread maybe, I'm a TWD Fanatic who just can't let go!

Plenty of Members would be with ya! :D
Yeah, I still love it knowing it has its problems. But I really don't watch much TV anyways, so I have to at least have something.

Yeah, I was interested to see how they were going to handle All Out War, and it's what I expected. About Halfway War. All Out War on windows.

What the heck was THAT about?

HEY, we have explosives. Lets use those explosives to lead walkers toward the sactuary! Instead of just blowing the whole place up with them.

It did seem pretty ridiculous that no one took a shot at Negan when he was out on the balcony, especially given how good everyone in TWD is at getting headshots.

"take the shot, shoot him, why is no one shooting him, I can't believe no one shot him!" Thats what I was getting in me right ear off the wife all through this episode. I can't argue with her.

Also Gabriel in the container with Neagan at the end. He had a machine gun! You hear the voice, in that kind of situation in enemy territory, just turn round and spray the place down with lead!

The time jump stuff was rubbish and offered nothing.

Shooting the windows, I think, was to create panic and movement within the building for when the walkers came in. Wouldn't be what I'd do, but it kinda makes sense. I would've just had Daryl ignite beacons on the way to divert the horde and then launched the explosives through the broken windows.

Is Negan morphing into Joe Cocker? His annoying swagger now has become a complete contortion when he talks. I can't stand it, I see Negan, the next thing I see is my phone til he's done talking.

I don't need to mention what bugged everyone else as well concerning shooting Negan. I do need to mention the Father Gabriel thing though, yeah, just open fire on the injured dude with a bat. Guess they'll explain it as Rick saying Negan was "his", or not bother to explain it at all. Also, was that supposed to be Gabriel getting bashed in the head we heard during the crane shot, or just the soundtrack?

I don't need to mention what bugged everyone else as well concerning shooting Negan. I do need to mention the Father Gabriel thing though, yeah, just open fire on the injured dude with a bat. Guess they'll explain it as Rick saying Negan was "his", or not bother to explain it at all. Also, was that supposed to be Gabriel getting bashed in the head we heard during the crane shot, or just the soundtrack?

I would forgive all the misses of this episode if the next one started with Gabriel arriving back at alexandria, throws Neagan's head at Rick's feet and says "It aint all about you".

Gabriel has an AR-15 so I don't know why he didn't shoot Negan either.

The other flaw was Rick saying only one person needs to die, yet he has no problem setting walkers loose on them. That's AFTER they already know that the Saviors have some people in there that are essentially slaves.

The show is some form of evil new drug !

It was great in the beginning yet No one really seems to want it anymore , but were all addicted!
We just can't wait for it to come back to us , even though it does nothing but disappoint time and time again leaving all in a foggy stupor of "huh" " whaa" !

Strung out till next week woundering why , why , why ! Lol

I believe that may be the single worst season opening of television ever. The writers on this show are the laziest or stupidest to ever be hired. I'm not sure which. Probably both.

Once they started "armoring" their vehicles with sheets of roofing tin, I knew the show was over.

To all you guys wanting to quit... there is help. Take it from a guy who was able to cut the habit. I haven't watched TWD in a really long time and I'm a better man for it. My family and friends enjoy me more. I have my Sunday nights back. I'm not dreading what boring misdirect TWD will try and come up with next.

Just do what is right and cut ties to it. If I can do it, you can do it, too!

I quit before last season. I was fed up with the mediocre writing and fake outs. Unfortunately, my wife is still watching and I was the one who got her into season 1. So it's my own fault.

To all you guys wanting to quit... there is help. Take it from a guy who was able to cut the habit. I haven't watched TWD in a really long time and I'm a better man for it. My family and friends enjoy me more. I have my Sunday nights back. I'm not dreading what boring misdirect TWD will try and come up with next.

Just do what is right and cut ties to it. If I can do it, you can do it, too!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back