The Walking Dead Season 8

I ... Everyone is still infected and will turn no matter how they die. Even after they kill people, they always stab them in the head so they don't turn.

I think the bite just accelerates the death.

There are just so many holes in the show's logic. So everyone is already infected, and turn no matter how they may die... thus you stab everyone in the head upon death. And your statement is that a bite just accelerates the death? Why? Is there an infection to the bite? A venom? If everyone is already infected then it wouldn't be a venom turning people. But for so long, the show tried to make it about the venom in the bites.... I mean, Hershel Greene was bit on the leg, so they chopped off the leg, why? Much like a poisonous snake bite, it was to stop the venom from moving through the blood, no? So many damn holes in their rules. :lol

Seems quite straightforward to me - the 'rules' are the same as in the Romero dead universe. Everyone will resurrect after death unless the brain is destroyed. Cause of death is irrelevant. Those who resurrect carry a deadly virus that can be transferred by a bite. That virus is not what is causing resurrection, it's like some some kind of untreatable blood poisoning.

The WD has just muddied the water by implying that the killer virus is not necessarily transferred by saliva.

As per Birdie, in TWD it has always been bitten, die resurrect. Die, non head wound, resurrect.

It has never differed, hence why Negan's new plan doesn't sit right. We've seen people covered in guts from various scenarios throughout the show and never turned.

After the last episode, we might never know exactly whether that plan was to work. It has solid basis in real world logic, but not in universe. If they played it out and it didn't work I would give them props for that, if it did, it flies in the face of everything they shown us up to this point.

This isn't entirely accurate, IIRC...

The Whisperer's skin the zombies and tan the hides so it's not like they're wearing blood and gut soaked skins. And it's not like its a protective coating. It's simply camouflage, and they don't talk and draw attention. They simply "whisper" to each other.

They may still use Neegan's idea, but under the direction of the guy with the mustache. Can't think of his name. We'll have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -.

Moose stash rallies the troops to kill all the hilltop so pretty sure he's not going with Negans plan anymore .
Of course who knows ?
Change is the one constant .

On the whisperer's I thought I also remember they re-coated the zombie hides with fresh guts when they ventured out but who knows could have been my imagination .

I just remember thinking they were the best group until the whole rape thing !

yup sorry carl. the episode that shows carls death. and the very end rick wakes up under a tree in the same
cloths we see him in through out the episode, his right hand is covered in blood. really really weird

I took it Caryl died Rick then had to kill him right ?
He wasn't gonna let zombie Caryl roam around .
So that's where the blood came from Rick putting Caryl down .

But I'm remembering another time Rick's hand was covered in blood , zombie blood all over an open wound . I guess Rick is immune to the virus or they really dropped the ball on that one . who knows . I've heard theory's before about Rick trying to explain how he survived in the hospital for so long ! Thought it was bupkis
Then but who knows anymore .

I love how the dude fell down the stairs and no one woke up , they have no one on watch and the front door open .

Its not like anyone would attack them or anything they live in such a safe neighborhood !

Last edited:
I took it Caryl died Rick then had to kill him right ?
He wasn't gonna let zombie Caryl roam around .
So that's where the blood came from Rick putting Caryl down !
CARL put himself down. Rick left the house and sat on the porch while CARL shot himself in the head.

And I agree, on the night after a huge attack by the Saviors, they would have had people taking turns on watch, inside and outside, on the watch towers. They wouldn’t have all gone into a deep sleep. Someone would have slept with one ear open because of what just happened to them.,

The whole episode was just dumb!

CARL put himself down. Rick left the house and sat on therefore
porch while CARL shot himself in the head.

Means nothing that was a few episodes ago we can change it now to whatever we want !!!

That's the new writing style it seems .
The new cannon is whatever pops into your heads at the time .

Morgan on FTWD sure why not ?

( actually I forgot about Caryl , I barely saw it I was pacing the house crying " its all Over Red rover " !!!!! )

Last edited:
Fonzie just pulled on his water skis.

The infectious weapons makes no sense for the aforementioned reasons.

Also, how have non of these people got any kind of tactical thinking? There is one road leading to the gates of Hilltop, with thick woods either side. Why is there never a squad hiding in the woods? When the enemy approach the gates and stop, you pop out guns blazing. They are then caught in complete crossfire from the towers.
Leave a couple more in the woods either sides to pick up the runners.

From what I've seen this season, I could take out the saviours by myself and be back in time for breakfast.

Wow, TWD finally hit peak stupid :facepalm

Were they all drugged in that house? A ****** zombie fell down the stairs like a guy who got shot in an old western saloon, fell into a bunch of sleeping people, AND NO-ONE WOKE UP!!

No night watch, people getting attacked in total silence, and, what, someone went out for a smoke a left the door open? I could have forgiven it all if they hadn't passed on the opportunity to have the walkers chow down on that damn kid!

Wow, TWD finally hit peak stupid :facepalm

Were they all drugged in that house? A ****** zombie fell down the stairs like a guy who got shot in an old western saloon, fell into a bunch of sleeping people, AND NO-ONE WOKE UP!!

No night watch, people getting attacked in total silence, and, what, someone went out for a smoke a left the door open? I could have forgiven it all if they hadn't passed on the opportunity to have the walkers chow down on that damn kid!

Who sleeps with the door open during a zombie apocalypse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what's really bugging me about this episode, other then having to watch the dumbest 11 year old with a rifle ever, is the manufactured pathos, manufactured moments of dramatic gravitas, and earnest voice overs that have begun to be so repetitive they have lost all impact. Every episode has a healthy dusting of characters going through the EXACT SAME emotional struggle as the episode before, so much so that it's meaningless. And dollars to donuts if a zombie falls down a flight of wooden stairs next to you while you are sleeping, you would wake up.

I agree with all that. But none of it should ever have been an issue, if in the first season they can cover themselves in zombie blood and guts, where it well get contact with all those mucus membranes and any wounds and not get infected. Then how the hell does walker napalm suddenly work?

It's actually offensive to the viewer, it's so bad.

This show has now become like Lost, I've invested too much time to give up on it, I'll see it through but I',m pretty fkn far from ok.

CARL put himself down. Rick left the house and sat on the porch while CARL shot himself in the head.

And I agree, on the night after a huge attack by the Saviors, they would have had people taking turns on watch, inside and outside, on the watch towers. They wouldn’t have all gone into a deep sleep. Someone would have slept with one ear open because of what just happened to them.,

The whole episode was just dumb!

Fonzie just pulled on his water skis.

The infectious weapons makes no sense for the aforementioned reasons.

Also, how have non of these people got any kind of tactical thinking? There is one road leading to the gates of Hilltop, with thick woods either side. Why is there never a squad hiding in the woods? When the enemy approach the gates and stop, you pop out guns blazing. They are then caught in complete crossfire from the towers.
Leave a couple more in the woods either sides to pick up the runners.

From what I've seen this season, I could take out the saviours by myself and be back in time for breakfast.

My dad and I were saying the same things when I was over there watching it last night. We also know the Hilltop has at least one backhoe so they could have made "tank pits" in the road with that instead of throwing a couple boards into the road. Heck armor that backhoe and use it as a weapon!

Without a doubt THE dumbest part was the ambush when they kicked on the lights. They had Simon and co. dead to rights, yet 15 people run out of an ambush. That doesn't happen IRL. The writers are in complete dumb*** mode now!

Not to mention that after the first go 'round of bullet fire and the lights go out, Simon tells everybody to be quiet. So they just walk right out into the open and he starts whistling?! What an idiot!!

I
Not to mention that after the first go 'round of bullet fire and the lights go out, Simon tells everybody to be quiet. So they just walk right out into the open and he starts whistling?! What an idiot!!
I thought the exact same thing! and they were all bunched up just asking to be slaughtered.

Aaaand right back to the craptastic writing we have all come to know and loath *facepalmhard

1exp7p.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back