The Walking Dead Season 8

I've just about tapped out, there's only so much I can take of the good guys continually getting beaten down.

I got 15 minutes in and just stopped. I suppose I'll finish it at some point. As I've said, I'm much more interested in FTWD at this point.

Despite that I wish they would just tell a damn linear story instead of all this back and forth stuff.
This right here is the biggest problem with the last few seasons. It's always a somewhat-compelling story cut into pieces and pulled randomly out of a hat, stretching 10 episodes of content into 16. Might work watching all in one go, but week to week you just stop caring after a while. Climactic battle? Hold that thought, we've got some awesome time jumps here. Been waiting all season for something to happen? Wait another 7 months, then wait one more episode. It's just the most poorly run show, with content that could be really good in someone else's hands.

I got 15 minutes in and just stopped. I suppose I'll finish it at some point. As I've said, I'm much more interested in FTWD at this point.
I'm excited to see Morgan join the show, but I'm ready for Madison to die. She has to be my most hated character on television. Every place she has gone, from Victor's house, to his boat, to the hacienda, to the hotel, to the ranch, to the dam... her plan has been let's kill the owner and take over. She leaves a trail of death and destruction in her wake and even her own children want her dead at this point.

I'm excited to see Morgan join the show, but I'm ready for Madison to die. She has to be my most hated character on television. Every place she has gone, from Victor's house, to his boat, to the hacienda, to the hotel, to the ranch, to the dam... her plan has been let's kill the owner and take over. She leaves a trail of death and destruction in her wake and even her own children want her dead at this point.

It's funny because the people I've talked to who have stopped watching the show all say it's because of Madison. They can't stand her.

Didn't they just give Gimple control over the enitre walking dead tv universe? The guy that has killed the walking dead? Admittedly it's not truly dead yet but it's sure close.

Didn't they just give Gimple control over the enitre walking dead tv universe? The guy that has killed the walking dead? Admittedly it's not truly dead yet but it's sure close.

YES! What is up with that? AMC has no idea what it's doing right now. They were at the top of TV dramas a couple years ago. Now they're driving off a cliff.

**** You, Scott Gimple. At least I still have comic Carl. Quit watching the show altogether a long while back, but got sucked back in once I heard about the terrible decision to end Carl.

Carl.jpg

I gotta say, I actually quite liked it. The whole episode was an interesting distillation of one of the broader themes of TWD; that is to say, it's a parable about violence and how humans deal with it. Carl originally embraced violence and came to hate it. Meanwhile, Carol and Morgan (who on their own have embraced violence and then been driven to their wit's end but have ultimately returned from the brink) are revisiting this with Morgan being pushed to the brink once again. Carol is concerned that Morgan might never come back this time. Then the episode ends with that kid killing Gavin. The cycle starts again.

Anyway, I don't mean to state the obvious, just saying why I found it good :)

Well, at least they did cut to Morgan and Carol doing some battle stuff. What if the WHOLE episode was just Carl laying there dying with nothing else.
The worst part for me was when he was talking to Judith. He says hes giving her the hat, they should have at least had him put it on her head. But it was when shes staring there so blankly looking, and then they add this horrible crying sound, which is so clearly an added in sound. Felt very out of place.
I doubt a 2 year old would really know much of whats going on.

I'm getting really irritated by the editing style changes. The foreshadowing or whatever those flash forwards are... now this new episode with names on black screens prior to scenes starting.... What's going on here? Can't they just keep this thing linear and stop screwing with the flow??

At first I was thinking the names on the black screens were people Carl wrote letters to. But then they showed Jadis and I knew Carl wouldn't be writing to Jadis. I thought for sure the episode was going to culminate in Rick delivering the notes to everybody.

Making the zombie mush was fun. That was an interesting idea, and I thought Pollyanna McIntosh had a few good scenes to shine. Outside of those scenes though, the story didn't move forward at all.

I can't believe Rick called Negan to tell him Carl died. That was so dumb. It was obvious that Negan would try to use that against Rick. Would anyone call their childhood bully as a kid to tell them you had a bad day or a family member died? Hell no!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back