Big Trouble in Little China

saintg

Ok, not sure if this is the right area for this. But, here goes. Does anyone know what truck/cab was used in this movie as Jack Burton's ride? Also any pictures available, not just screen grabs?
George :D

The next time some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against some bar-room wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if you've paid your dues... You just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that. Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail.

You probably have this one, but I love the movie too much not to chime in all clever clever...

trouble16.jpg

Hi Pnerves. Thanks for the photo. I found out the Truck and already have the kit on the way. I'll be doing the decals up soon.

AAAHHHH, Pacific Street. :D
Right by the Transamerica Pyramid building.
It is a one way street going up hill.

Sorta off topic but there used to be (may still be) a Wing Kong Import company in Monterey across from the Aquarium.

That supposedly never seen before ending with Jack pushing the thugs off the pier into the water was actually shown at the theater I went to, all 7 times.

DangeRuss66, I found that site the other day.
Very COOL...

D6

One of my five favorite John Carpenter movies. Along with "The Thing", "Halloween", "Prince of Darkness" (just somethin' about it, you know?) and "Escape From New York".

"You were not brought here to 'get it', Mr. Burton."

Ok, not sure if this is the right area for this. But, here goes. Does anyone know what truck/cab was used in this movie as Jack Burton's ride? Also any pictures available, not just screen grabs?
I know this is an old thread but, since this question wasn't answered, for anyone who might be interested the truck is a Freightliner FLC 120.

I know this is an old thread but, since this question wasn't answered, for anyone who might be interested the truck is a Freightliner FLC 120.

actually Zombie it is NOT an FLC 120

it's a Freightliner Conventional (and mine arrived today! yay!)
There's also a Freightliner Aerodyne that will work, but you're going to have to alter the roof of the sleeper

it's been issued 3 times
2 times by Italieri and once by Revell (same kit though)

it's out of print so they're not easy to come by
expect to spend $80 -$100 +

hope that helps

Last edited:
actually Zombie it is NOT an FLC 120

it's a Freightliner Conventional...
If you know more about trucks than I do (which is likely) you're probably right. I got my information from the Internet Movie Car Data Base website where the truck is listed as a 1986 Freightliner FLC-120. Allegedly, the original truck is now used by the Eastern Maine Community College as a CDL training truck.

there are errors in the IMCDB

but I think the confusion here rises when you look at the kits

part of that was also my misreading
you typed FLC 120... and I knew there was an FLD 120 kit

and when you look at the kits, the one Italieri put out their kit marketed as the FLD 120 is a newer model truck, and completely wrong for the Porkchop Express
3814S.jpg

the correct kit is marketed and packaged as the Freightliner Conventional
ghtlinerConventionalItaleri124-vi.jpg

and this is the Aerodyne kit which like I said, just needs the roof of the cabin modified to be correct

FreightlinerAerodyneItaleri124-vi.jpg

hope that helps

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back