Big Trouble in Little China

Thanks guys. In case you're wondering - Yes, it IS an Italeri Freightliner FLC kit BUT if you want an accurate PorkChop Express, you'll need a few things: 1. The sleeper that comes with FLC is way too low and thin. Had to buy two sleepers, cut and marry them to get the height.

2. Get the Italeri truck accessories kit for curved chrome stacks and other monor parts. you'll have to cut and combine. A lot.

3. For the "Haulin' Ass" logos get "truck girl" earrings (2 sets) on ebay. really cheap.

Any other detail questions - or if you'd like a high rez .pdf of the decals I made, PM me and I'll gladly share it with you.:darnkidsIndeeeeeeeed.

I've gone off the deep end and found the original truck part "accessories", redrew them, and am getting photoetch of them (and the badging, etc to make it more accurate)

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 4.15.40 PM.png

Hello,
I was hoping I could contact you for some help doing my own Pork Chop Express. I would very much like to know how to do the decals. Many thanks in advance.

Don

the guys truck further up looks great id be happy with that , i get the earings for the logos good idea , but havent a clue how he did the decals or haulin ass logo in metal on front , iff you are going to get that grill made could you let me know how much and link the seller id like to purchase all the accessories to make this model , i love thw film one of my fave's and the truck is awesome , thanks

the guys truck further up looks great id be happy with that , i get the earings for the logos good idea , but havent a clue how he did the decals or haulin ass logo in metal on front , iff you are going to get that grill made could you let me know how much and link the seller id like to purchase all the accessories to make this model , i love thw film one of my fave's and the truck is awesome , thanks

Jonnieboy,

I'm waiting on mail from the chromiumdioxide. He said he'd send me the decals and has no issue with me sharing them. As for the grill, I have found only one photo-etch fret with "Haulin' Ass" on it and it's from a firm in the UK; http://www.kitformservices.com/photoetch.html the set is PE- 85. This a photo of the set;
pe85.JPG

There was also a store in Austria that sells the set as well;
http://www.modelmakershop.com/model...-24-25.html&XTCsid=kgebb717dkc2l406m8e74l1fs0

I'll leteveryone know as soon as the decals arrive.

Jonnieboy,

I'm waiting on mail from the chromiumdioxide. He said he'd send me the decals and has no issue with me sharing them. As for the grill, I have found only one photo-etch fret with "Haulin' Ass" on it and it's from a firm in the UK; http://www.kitformservices.com/photoetch.html the set is PE- 85. This a photo of the set;
View attachment 521330

http://www.modelmakershop.com/model...-24-25.html&XTCsid=kgebb717dkc2l406m8e74l1fs0

That's brilliant as well I've been looking at the trucks and I'm not sure iff it's an flc one guy mentioned it's a convensional and iff you look at this picture it's the exact truck cabin size the lot but with the dome took off the step is the same the tanks are the same , but on checking the models the chasses seems a little longer but this is the truck take a look
http://onlytruecars.com/photo/im/freightliner-conventional/01/default.htm. So I'm struggling which model to use its like the original is a miss mash off the two

Ive also noticed something else , the guy's model above IS pretty spot on there are other pictures of the guy who supposedly owns this truck now and i dont think its the same truck , i think the guys is a replica , il explain why the film truck has bent pipes like in the model above , it also has silver tanks like the model above and decals on the back of the truck are missing bits like in the model above the only thing the model above seems tombe missing is the rear lights ..

the guy who supposedly owns the truck now which i think is a replica has straight pipes which are thicker and it also has blue tanks and a retangle lower front chrome bumper , i dont think this is the same truck , or iff it is its been altered or im genuinily confused as to what has gone on

Jonnieboy,

I cannot guarantee the truck in the photos is the real truck from the movie. I've been told there is a small plaque on the truck to say that it is. I'll ask if a photo can be taken of it. As for the changes you have listed, consider these three points.

1 - The studio added several things to the truck to make it look "right" for filming and these items were removed/changed back after filming had finished.

2 - My brother is a long haul trucker and he has had to make several repairs and replacements to his rig which is considerably younger than the movie truck.

3 - The current owner of the rig has probably made changes over the years to suit himself. You really can't expect him to leave the truck in the movie configuration just because it was in a movie can you?

I personally believe that the truck was a one off to begin with as I have found very few images or references to the size of the the sleeper and fuel tanks that are on the truck. Stacks get damaged or worn out and replaced. I am going to use mostly the images from the movie and the ones of the truck today will be used to help scale the parts.

Jonnieboy,

I cannot guarantee the truck in the photos is the real truck from the movie. I've been told there is a small plaque on the truck to say that it is. I'll ask if a photo can be taken of it. As for the changes you have listed, consider these three points.

1 - The studio added several things to the truck to make it look "right" for filming and these items were removed/changed back after filming had finished.

2 - My brother is a long haul trucker and he has had to make several repairs and replacements to his rig which is considerably younger than the movie truck.

3 - The current owner of the rig has probably made changes over the years to suit himself. You really can't expect him to leave the truck in the movie configuration just because it was in a movie can you?

I personally believe that the truck was a one off to begin with as I have found very few images or references to the size of the the sleeper and fuel tanks that are on the truck. Stacks get damaged or worn out and replaced. I am going to use mostly the images from the movie and the ones of the truck today will be used to help scale the parts.

yeah i understand what your saying but the tanks and step are blue maybe he replaced them from chrome , also there are lights on the silver tank and step in the film , maybe they was removed also , lol i ordered 8" sloped stacks like on the guys truck as it is now so thats wrong , today i went through the film and took alot of stills of the truck , tommorrow il upload them to a site and you could reference from there , i got the lights lit up to at the start , incase you want to add leds i would like to add leds as the truck looks great lit up , i was even thinking of getting a trailer and making a scene , probably getting carried away , it is my first model and my mind is running wild lol

aswell check the link of the freightliner convensional in brown , it is exactly the same including sleeper , it had a extre dome that you can see iff you took it off , its the same truck

I also thought about a trailer, figured the livestock trailer until I saw how much they go for. Wouldn't you know it, the livestock trailer is one of the few that hasn't been re-released. They go for mucho dinero on evilbay.

As for the sleeper, I have asked on a few truck modeling forums and the Facebook truck forum and no one can agree what size the sleeper or tanks are, Picked up some spare sleeper parts as well as two extra fuel tanks so I could adapt them for the Pork Chop Express. The Italeri truck accessories kit has the bent ends we need for the stacks and I know of a couple of other options as well.

If you do the truck as it is later in the movie, the chrome shine is pretty muted on the fuel tanks and other shiny bits. We also need to find a larger front bumper as Jack's rides much lower to the ground.

I'll wait to see if I'm going to light this puppy up or not.

There was someone working on a seated Jack and the Chinese Wildman figures. Just with I could remember where. Lost the link when a hard drive decided to go FUBAR.

I also thought about a trailer, figured the livestock trailer until I saw how much they go for. Wouldn't you know it, the livestock trailer is one of the few that hasn't been re-released. They go for mucho dinero on evilbay.

As for the sleeper, I have asked on a few truck modeling forums and the Facebook truck forum and no one can agree what size the sleeper or tanks are, Picked up some spare sleeper parts as well as two extra fuel tanks so I could adapt them for the Pork Chop Express. The Italeri truck accessories kit has the bent ends we need for the stacks and I know of a couple of other options as well.

If you do the truck as it is later in the movie, the chrome shine is pretty muted on the fuel tanks and other shiny bits. We also need to find a larger front bumper as Jack's rides much lower to the ground.

I'll wait to see if I'm going to light this puppy up or not.

There was someone working on a seated Jack and the Chinese Wildman figures. Just with I could remember where. Lost the link when a hard drive decided to go FUBAR.

i didnt notice the low bumper tbh , the only thing i noticed is the bumper has an extra metal panel that folds up like on hinges when he drives to avoid the bus and it smashes through the crates , il upload them pictures later today , for the stacks rather than buying the whole italri extras i found these , nice polished metal , il cut the old ones and stick these over http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-TRUCK...REIGHTLINER-/221855065481?hash=item33a797a589

and yeah the amt trailer is expensive but sod it i need to do this model , the guy who sells the stacks also sells bumper guides , but there 1/16 scale , so i figured two revel glue end needles will do the job you could even get a fibre optic cable up there and burn the end to make a lense , just an idea

did you click on the link with the brown freighliner convensional further up the page , that is 100 percent the sleeper on jacks and tanks , it must be a rare model convensional as that is the only picture i can find of another like jacks with the same sleeper also the model italri conventional aerodine is the closest model with same size size tanks and sleeper to jacks truck you would just have to alter the roof of the sleeper , its just i cant find an arodyne no where :-(

Last edited:
Jonnieboy,

View attachment 521330

did you order the decals off him yet , could you get me a set , il pay of course ;-)

Now that Jerseyfest is over, I'm back on the photo etch set for the Pork Chop Express. George Takacs is going to offer the figures, and a resin sleeper/fuel tanks, back bumper, etc for this model. Working on the pattern when I can find the time!

Worked out the spacing (ignore my short tanks in the mock up below, they are getting fixed/cast). PE art is ready for the logos and badging, as well as the screens that wrap around the pipes. Working on the tread plates for PE, now. Also will etch/cut a back bumper.

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 1.27.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-03 at 1.28.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-03 at 1.26.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-03 at 1.26.34 PM.png

Now that Jerseyfest is over, I'm back on the photo etch set for the Pork Chop Express. George Takacs is going to offer the figures, and a resin sleeper/fuel tanks, back bumper, etc for this model. Working on the pattern when I can find the time!

will he offer spares for sale , or should i just make my own , are you getting the decals to for sale ...

He's making them available so all you need to buy is the FLC kit, yeah. And we will have decals made too, yep.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back