DIamond Select Toys: TNG Phaser and USS Reliant (from SDCC 2017)

hardworkingguy2000

FYI--from San Diego Comic Con 2017...When I asked Diamond Select Toys for timeline associated with TNG Phaser and Reliant..the 2 employees were discussing it among themselves and one remarked, "we would be lucky to have one of the products by 2019" to the surprise of the other employee. Seems like timelines associated with production and long delay in shipping it from China are 2 major time drives...sad :(

I think this is the problem with licensed products, they take so long to get to market after being teased
They typically have sizing inaccuracies despite the maker having access to screenused reference
There are so many fans making amazing replicas that it's hard to justify buying an accurate fan kit and the licensed toy.

I dont want to sound negative, the Playmates toys got me through the 90s and I loved the Diamond Select Phase Pistol and Comm from ENT.

If we could get an accurate ENT hand scanner and TNG Mark VII Science and Medical Tricorders it would be great and I'd be there to buy in an instant.

There are too many TOS props, I think TNG-VOY and ENT represent Star Trek more to me.

Look at what Hasbro did with their line of Marvel replicas. I have their 75th Anniversary Captain America metal shield and it is far and away the best licensed replica ever.
CBS take note from Hasbro's success.

CBS needs to sell off their rights to all things Trek to a more relevant rights holder. Last time I checked, CBS wasn't exactly "with it" in terms of having their finger on the pulse of well, anything really. DSC and the Axanar lawsuit etc is just proving how out of touch they are with the fanbase, and it's time they passed rights onto a company that will do something with the license; super accurate props would be a gold mine if done properly, but CBS doesn't seem to have any appetite to make money from Trek atm.

I don't understand what China or licensing has to do with this delay. They teased that phaser back in 2015. It shouldn't take 4 YEARS to bring a product to market.

The reality is that DST has done a poor job in DELIVERING/MANUFACTURING/SHIPPING Star Trek products.. quality-accuracy wise for Role Play Toys/Phasers/etc.. is great.. but it's irrelevant if it takes too long.

Happily..it was Just Announced-- Todd McFarlane's getting into Star Trek Toys ! Hoping they can deliver (in terms of speed)

http://trekmovie.com/2017/08/05/stl...ek-discovery-figures-role-play-toys-and-more/

- - - Updated - - -

Happily..it was Just Announced-- Todd McFarlane's getting into Star Trek Toys ! Hoping they can deliver (in terms of speed)

http://trekmovie.com/2017/08/05/stl...ek-discovery-figures-role-play-toys-and-more/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back