Bumblebee (Post-release)

What did you think of Bumblebee?

• Total voters
I HATE the Bayformers. I'm actually liking what I'm seeing here, but really hesitant to see it if Bay is involved in any way in the production. I don't care if he's the director or producer or even the freaking coffeemaker... I WILL NOT SEE IT! He taints everything and everybody and I loathe his style.

I simply refuse to send money towards anything with Bay involved.

EDIT: Though, if I hear positive things - from people I know also don't like the Bayformers - and if Bay's style or influence isn't present, then I might consider it. And if it is good I will support it wholeheartedly.

This looks great even if Bumblebee looks a little cutesy. He's a VW Beetle though. I just really hope they don't go through with him not having a voice at all. That was supposed to be a thing in the first movie. I really loved seeing Soundwave ejecting Ravage! Oh and I like the Decepticons acting like Bumblebee is a fugitive.

Travis Knight's background is in animation, and he directed "Kubo and the Two Strings" if that means anything to anyone. Current word is, that this is a soft reboot, if it works out, it'll become it's own series.

Last edited:
That trailer actually looks ok, but I'm pretty over Transformers after the last seventeen bad films. I do like the much more faithful designs though.

That trailer actually looks ok, but I'm pretty over Transformers after the last seventeen bad films. I do like the much more faithful designs though

That's where I'm at. I feel tired of that franchise and I didn't even watch most of the ones they've made.

It can function as either... its pretty clear they originally intended it to be a prequel and they put in more scenes to kind of reboot it, so its got some stuff that contradicts the earlier movies, but also stuff that connects them, so they can have their cake and eat it too, depending how its recieved.

Well, I got to see Bumblebee at an advanced screening last Saturday night. This was the Transformers movie I always wanted to see.Gone is the Bay explosions every 5 minutes and all the gratuitous female shots. This was a VERY different movie. Not even a hint of the soundtrack from the Bay films. Everyone looked like their 80's cartoon versions. What a great breath of fresh air not having Michael Bay direct this. The movie was fun from start to end with plenty of easter eggs and Holy Crap moments! The only thing that I didn't like was John Cena. His character was a buffoon and his acting was HORRIBLE. Luckily he wasn't in a majority of the movie so he was somewhat tolerable. The movie was fun, had some really funny moments and some epic moments with Prime. We get to see quite a few Autobots in the beginning straight out of the cartoon. I had a smile on my face the entire movie and cannot wait to see it again. While I liked the first couple Bay films and ended up hating the last two, Bumblebee was such a relief and glad Travis Knight took the helm. You can easily see he grew up loving the Transformers as many of us have.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back