Speederbike

DSC_4439.JPG

Rubber stoppers sprayed and added to give a more realistic look matched to the early 80's toy that I have

DSC_5980.JPG

I got a seat I didn't make it myself tho it's the only bit I didn't make myself I wasnt comfortable doing seat myself I shall have a blast at it on Nxt build but I wanted this one finished before I went to Canada 2 wks ago I got the seat from a company that deals with more speedy style motor bikes etc the style is slightly different from other builds I've seen online but the shape is right and the length is great and it's black that's good enough for me very happy with it not bad for my first ever build and first time using a jigsaw and a drill and fibreglass etc I have enjoyed this build very much ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_5982.JPG

Added last couple square buttons since holiday away to finish control panel

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4396.JPG

Seat really finishes it off and I also added metal piping just like Ud get running from ur shower box on the wall to ur shower head it adds well to the finished look so that's the fuel lines to the handle bars sorted then

DSC_4387.JPG

Got a blanket for the back finally for a fair price and also 2 mens coffee shade belts with buckles for cheap to finish the rear end look
I plan to make another speeder bike soon as there is good interest in this one and should fetch quite a price I might change my job style and do this permanent yet or I could remain where I work and do these on the side either way its good times I want to thank those who gave me a couple links at start on here and those who also gave nice comments and morale boosting words they helped too ☺

Im a general contractor for a living, Enjoying this build with a variety of materials i use everyday lol. Iv always wanted to do a BARC. One day il have time! Keep going, we want to see the finished product!

It's finished my friend bar tiny tweaks it's online for sale I'm making another one I've already cut out the base for the new one that's was done weeks ago lol.
I had an enquiry about it today actually it's great for my first ever build the local newspapers are going to take snaps of. Me with it for going into the papers with a small story about it too.

Thanks pal I'd understand if it wasn't as perfect as a couple other builds out there anyway ☺. it's my first ever build but saying that I've got a few admirers back here in Scotland I've put it for sale for £3500 and there r a few people interested.
I am going to make more of these but now I know how to build this I shall be a little faster in future I am considering trying to do either a tie fighter lukes land speeder or reys speeder in force awakens on jakku

Last edited:
View attachment 769313

Speeder bike was outside for first time since it's been fully attached and finished having the plantation in background and around it made it look better still I wondered if the daylight wouldn't flatter it I was wrong.

I've decided I ain't selling the speeder bike I love it to much couldn't part with it. Now I've itchy feet it's been 4wks since I finished the speeder bike and I'm ready to go again build another star wars prop

Hey Markas1976, good work! Is there a reason why you lwft the finish of the body in such a rough and bumpy shape? It IMO distracts the eye from a lot of the detailwork you have put into your build. I am pretty sure that a day of bonsoing and then sanding it with a mouse sander or even a belt sander will take it to the next level. The price tag of 3.5k does seem a bit high, to be honest, compared to what I have seen for sale a few years ago. If you are building multiples it might be worth the time and effort to create a master for the body shells and take casts off of that master.

I have been looking at doing more with the body of it its not bad but it can always be better I have a sander I don't want to mess about with it to much now it's all attached I'm not selling it anymore I'm keeping the build plus it was my first ever build first time using a jigsaw a drill and fibre glass based on that I think it's a brill effort like.
I could well smooth out the body of it more tho but if I had to choose between not being able to build it or managing to make it but having a slight rough body I'd take the later but ur right it could b a little smoother on the body of it all comments are helpful tho will make me better at making stuff

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back