Speederbike

Markas1976

I'm about to try to build a speeder bike I've purchased plenty stuff for it and plan to improvise on a lot of smaller parts but I'm most concerned just now about drawing the above view of the speeder bike on to the ply wood and also I'm having haste finding the foam another guy used for his build he called it builders pink foam he used italong with cut ply wood for like creating the body for the spray foam to go around and between before proxy process etc
Can anyone help with either the foam I'm on about or a easy way to draw above shape onto the wood?

Thanks for the help guys I've started slowly by cutting out the main board for creating the body of the speeder bike. I feel once I get the middle beam that's shaped a lot like a fin measured well and attached that I will finally have more of a grip of this build well I'm hoping anyway lol

That's one build I am looking at quite a lot folky patrol I've purchased the west systems proxy etc like in his build and am approaching it in same way with the wood and foam sheathing Rome wasn't built in a day so I will b patient and do a better job like sym chat says too measure more again before the cut I've measured a few times drew up plans rubbed them out and repeat but each time they improve so it's good advice.
i am actually doing the measuring and shaping by freehand so to speak as till now I've no way of getting the pieces to life size to aid my build so as u can imagine it's harder and slower but I love a challenge lol

That is very true I am gona build not try but succeed
I sorted some planning for the body of the speeder bike I've freehand drew the board shape and the heights of the pieces running all along the whole body and also for the middle piece like a long fin almost free hand too looks decent have to say trial and error lol.
Just when came into house I decided to have a go at making the engine piece I had silver card I got from work and was going to bed actually when spotted my black tin from Jon Paul gautier ideal shape and size for the engine piece so I took it to my room with scissors the silver card and a pen and here is how I did DSC_3688.JPGDSC_3689.JPG

Last edited:
DSC_3909.JPG
It's coming alone good since I last spoke to yaz it's been a couple of weeks I'd say give or take I've build the skeleton of the speeder bike and it has to be the most time consuming part of this build I would imagine.
I've began expanding foam work on it ran out I don't drive and online deals r best so I've to be patient but I use this time waiting for parcels to build and spray paint parts that could or would b made later on but better to do while waiting than having longer to wait after to get it built ☺.
I've made the whole front extended nose section, an under gun, another part for under the end of the nose section and an engine part too all I've spray painted as well either a darkish brown or black depending what it is ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_3925.JPG
Extended Nose section of the speeder bike taking shape got little bits and detailing to add weathering will all come at the end smile

DSC_3898.JPG
My Speeder bike has a skeleton it's actually happening I stopped thinking and began doing and it came together always believe in urself .
I Sat a pub beer mat where seat will go for effect haha this is pic just before I did around near half of speeder in expanding foam before running out

Attachments

• DSC_3890.JPG
    DSC_3890.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 110
DSC_3957.JPG

I began to prepare the under carriage-engine parts of the speeder using wood and hard plastic cutlery holders for parts and I spray painted it black I ran out of paint though so will finish painting when
The Next lot arrives

DSC_3975.JPG

I added more sections to the engine underparts I've changed my engine size and shape its a lot better now I've also got myself a metal part to resemble the bladed bit for the intake of the engine stronger and stays in very well indeed.

DSC_3992.JPG

Under section coming together new engine intake looks decent I've had to create things from scratch or find things I can use as I have no 3d printer I created matching pieces of detailed wood from plywood and using a jigsaw and a drill with various pieces I managed to make 2 pieces one for each side very similar to the bits Ud c on the toy from when we was kids in the early 80's

Attachments

• DSC_3993.JPG
    DSC_3993.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 79
image.jpeg
Looking more like it now spray painted rest of undercarriage black and the under nose section of main body espresso brown it has really given it character it looks more now like the effort that's gone into it I can't believe how much the spray job of under carriage has improved it ��

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Expanding foam was added to shape shape of the speeder bike used 3 tins messed up a bit should have filled gaps with more cut offs than I did so amazingly I went through 6 tins of expanding foam in total lol

image.jpeg

Seems like a long long time ago now I was asking for help and didn't know if I could do it but like a guy above said and as another couple of folk showed me there is always a way .
"the foamer bike is coming along pretty good now " lol

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpeg

Nxt up was to trim it before applying the filler duno if I love expanding foam or hate it haha

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back