Speederbike

I didn't think I was at start win7ermute but I got a few things and began very slow near gave up a couple times and knew I'd wasted money if stopped and I was following a guys build and being a determined devil and I hate giving up I kept going just took it a stage at a time ignored all else if was delayed waiting for stuff in post etc I'd move to another job furthur done the line and return bk once done it and stuff arrived and so I went it's been 7 weeks tommorrow less accounting waiting for deliveries a odd week so probably 6 weeks so far I'd say if working on it some days only a couple of hours mind you

DSC_4155.JPG

Filler was added last week took a while till was kind of happy with it

DSC_4188.JPG

Got it sanded down a lot better last week too there is so much work goes into this build but also rewarding plus the love for starwars is a huge driving force

- - - Updated - - -
This is a pic of me at very start working out rough shapes and lengths tht nose height of nose and where seat will b etc lol.
Using broken bits of wood, cheap thin foam, string, and a beer mat etc how far I've come .
No measurements or help or former experience of jigsaws, drills, sanders any of it haha it's been a huge mission this I've enjoyed every minute so far ☺

Attachments

• DSC_3670.JPG
    DSC_3670.JPG
    726.6 KB · Views: 78
View attachment 759685

I used this along with a wood filler for the body to cover the expanding foam I also used no nonsense expanding foam the hand held variety not the gun type I bought by mistake and sent back for the stuff I'd already had ��.
I also used sticks like **** glue and I had no nails glue and I bought a variety of sandpaper, brushes, scrapers, measuring cups and stirrers.
I was given a couple of fittings for my drill by a man I work with in my messhall they came in handy too.
And can I say I went ages making this so far and I finally had plenty sharp pencils when I was past tht stage really so a sharpener is a lovely thing to have ��
I used 12mm ply wood for base board and skeleton parts of body too and the foam board was 1inch thick foam board nothing to fancy and works well.

DSC_4211.JPG

This is spray paint I used for the engine section so far and the wooden parts under the body nose and at end of main nose section it's shade darker than I'd planned but looks really good I may go shade or 2 lighter later on I will have to see the black is good also they are a good brand that's easily got online or in many UK based diy style stores.

Thanks guys nice to hear u like it so far. it was a dream to begin with had no materials hardly lying around I could use no idea what I had to get really and no equipment to use to make it like jigsaw sanding stuffs glues paints anything so although it's cost me a few hundred so far it's well worth it and a lot of the stuff will be useful for potential future builds

DSC_4213.JPG

This is finally right up to date I fibreglassed the speeder bike yesterday morning it's mostly cured well now in Scotland where I am isn't the warmest so guess slows it up a shade but has turned out well.
I'm planning adding another coat of fibreglass very soon ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4218.JPG

It has a nice shine to it a smoother finish finally a body that isn't smelly or messy haha

DSC_4237.JPG

I decided to do a coat of the west systems mix of epoxy with hardener and filler to peanut butter consistancy as I've saw done through online and on a previous build I think seen on here.
Looks pretty decent I think ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4234.JPG

Getting pretty real now

DSC_4240.JPG

Also yesterday I added the rear section the flaps drawn by hand and cut out of thin 3-4 mm ply wood and what you would call the exhaust parts was added too then sprayed black with a brand universal spray. I do like it ☺.
Just waiting for the small stoppers to attach to the flaps to finish them off.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4243.JPG

Angle of rear section

DSC_4245.JPG

And another angle . the hinges for the flaps r straight forward easily removed and reattached handy when i go to add self adhesive stoppers.

Thanks Marvin I knew it wouldn't be easy but I don't like giving up easy which is just as well Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4242.JPG

Looking at handlebars again last prepping patch and paint added into tiny holes on arms that was already on wood I found in shed and aint needed.
Hand grips selected and how to connect them picked now Nxt was spray painting them.

DSC_4252.JPG

So a while ago I laid down cut off material that my foam board arrived covered in and spray painted the arm parts on most sides using the same black universal spray paint I used for whole under carriage and nose section etc.
I'm about to do there other side now leave it to dry while I plan the control panel shape and detail for top deck before the whole top body is spray painted.

DSC_4257.JPG

Got the handlebars finished used hand grips out of stuff from engine pieces and took of brake handles of missus bike that's ready for the rubbish . just to attach cables to make it even more real and attach them to the body.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4255.JPG

This is a good angle of them drying after being spray painted quite proud of them

DSC_4259.JPG

Traced the top deck shape outline to the tracing paper and then added the design using the speeder bike toy from like 1983 as my guide getting it close as I could then pinned the paper onto the surface I'm using to draw round outer shape of control panel and drew tiny lines where stopper will go for detailing and where buttons will go and had to redo the main funky shapes at top end of panel that funky cabinet style screws will attach too.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 760902

Was of course in middle more of the thin board so couldn't just jigsaw in there I had to be patient and drill a Heap of mini holes thru design and thay weakened the gaps for jigsaw to do its thing ☺

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 760903

Looks nae too bad being picky i could trim it a tiny bit either side towards seat end but I think it will do

Trimmed the control panel a shade so lines up a bit better and sprayed black under the design so it shows through it looks alright like. I've added a few more parts using the speeder bike toy as my guide as well as other props I've seen during the past year. DSC_4268.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back