Need help: Color matching Destiny Video game Cayde-6 Costume Planning.

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Once again the evil ghoul that is my color blindness has raised it''s ugly head.

I need help researching accurate color matching for the Cayde-6 (Nathan Fillion) Character from
the video game Destiny.

I'm a little red/green and some blue/purple shade colorblind, so any help appreciated figuring out
accurate colors.

What doesn't help is the colors seem to change depending on lighting conditions, not unlike what
happens on a film shoot... except this is a video game. :)

The Cloak Color is a Charcoal Grey with Red accents/markings.

Here's some reference images. Again, the colors seems to shift a little depending on lighting.

Here's a video that seems to give the best "daylight" look...

https://youtu.be/lOwJLvqh2b0?t=21s

Any help appreciated!

750px-Destiny-Cayde6-Face-Closeup (1).jpg 4-9-2017_2-40-26_PM.png 4-1-2017_5-47-17_PM.png

Untitled-8.jpg Untitled-7.jpg Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg Untitled-6.jpg

I think I may have lightened the "outdoor" images above to show off the details.
here's one that doesn't appear color corrected.

screencap.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
You probably already know about this, but the game has several settings to adjust the color in game for different types of color blindness, these are located in the settings under accessibility at the bottom. I don't know if they have options for the same kind of color blindness you have, but it's worth checking if you have the game. If you don't own the game I may be able to help as I have both Destiny 1 and Destiny 2.

As far as the different lighting conditions, I would have to hazard a guess that the best photo you have here is the one in the menu (with all the armor and Ghost shells) as the color temperature seems to be pretty close to neutral.

I would like to note that I'm not expert in color theory or even an expert in anything for that matter. I do however practice photography and prop making as a hobby, and I am not color blind. Again I'll gladly provide resource images if you'd like as I have both Destiny games.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks! I've pretty much decided on the Cayde color schemes based on available fabric colors that "look close,"
plus some input from various sources. What's interesting is they introduced a new enemy combat "color bars."
You have the Red, basic color, the Yellow "boss" or Captain color and now there's an orange in-between difficulty... which looks very red-like to me. So half the time it's "Why is this Red guy so hard to take down?" :D

Thanks! I've pretty much decided on the Cayde color schemes based on available fabric colors that "look close,"
plus some input from various sources. What's interesting is they introduced a new enemy combat "color bars."
You have the Red, basic color, the Yellow "boss" or Captain color and now there's an orange in-between difficulty... which looks very red-like to me. So half the time it's "Why is this Red guy so hard to take down?" :D
Oh man that stinks, I think some of those you can identify by their armor and the weapon they're using, but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyways I'm glad you figured that out, I hope to see the finished costume!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back