Jan Harlan came to view the Space Station

joberg

Legendary Member
Jan Harlan, producer of the Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut (and brother-in-law of Stanley Kubrick) and his lovely wife came to Ottawa to speak at the Ottawa Chamberfest on the subject of how Kubrick integrated classical music into his movies. They were kind enough to stop by my house to view the model of the Space Station.
A gentleman and gracious with his time, he answered some of my questions regarding the movie and the models.

IMG_20170730_102722985_HDR.jpg IMG_20170730_102745136_HDR.jpg

A well deserved bonus, so pleased for you ! I met Jan at the Taschen book launch and he was similarly generous with his time and knowledge.

No new info about the model per say, but the promise of more detailed pics of it.;)...and yes Sofa, it was a thrill!

That is fantastic news!
Was he able to provide any insights as to the history of the original model and details which may not be evident?

Jan joined Team Kubrick with the making of the ill-fated Napoleon movie. His first film credit was Clockwork Orange, before he took up production reins. He therefore didn't work on 2001 in any formal capacity.

Yes, indeed Andrew...it was fun, albeit short. Never, in a million years, could I have dreamed to have someone like Jan Harlan look at my Space Station:cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back