Mass Effect - General Adrien Victus - completed pics and build

Pareeeee

2015 was my first year cosplaying. I had no idea what I was doing, but I decided to dive in head-first take on a HUGE project. I didn't know about pepakura, unwrapping patterns on my computer, or anything like that. Everything was done by eye - and done from scratch.

Mass Effect is my favourite video game series, and while everyone else was trying to cosplay Garrus I decided to be General Victus.

FZHfB31.jpg
Primarch (General) Victus

After researching, I decided to make the mask out of paper-clay (big mistake, it was EXTREMELY heavy to wear, but on the up-side it did look great and it's easy to sculpt).
leYLbyC.jpg
QpQUTGE.jpg
Early paper pattern

2XwvSlD.jpg
Plastic canvas base

GLLOmht.jpg
I sewed the pieces together and attached it to a hat

x6iNnOc.jpg
Bottom jaw

wWikl68.jpgd90ObN6.jpg
Jaw test

fYpnU5g.jpg
92m4F6l.jpg
Attaching crest spikes - which I later realized was a mistake and cut off...

bbAmhH3.jpg
Mandibles and forehead plate (didn't end up using the forehead plate...)

M06hgNf.jpg
BnBIldq.jpg
Ir83Ie9.jpg
Paper mache base layer. Pretty rough looking at this point.

2ZBMeqJ.jpg
OAs7C6S.jpg
jgwgjfn.jpg
Now with paperclay

pojHE9S.jpg
ouuNCef.jpg
ezUC3HV.jpg
Ebi2epS.jpg
Mandibles added

675ptA1.jpg
Having some fun

CXZ4dwo.jpg
rFK90aF.jpg
Painting has begun

Yes! My post has been approved. Here's some more!

U9yc0cl.jpg
Clan / colony markings base coat

qlavUvu.jpg
I used glass cabochons for eyes

YJlQJ6p.jpg

AceMFVa.jpg
Eyes painted and installed, and mandibles attached. Almost there!

vyb7uXp.png
f4cXEFZ.png
Now for the armour. It was difficult to find good reference pictures of him in the game. He only wore his armour for a few minutes.

tJimmFx.jpg
Carapace test.

133AEfC.jpg
uoG6y8r.jpg
Adding details. Lots of trial and error when you don't use patterns.

diwjTGJ.jpg
vAt4PHA.jpg
9hj9l1f.jpg
7A1rGDR.jpg
hHKjimy.jpg
Foot & leg construction

MEgYksH.jpg
rRzIJyA.jpg
5MnVPnI.jpg
Another test. I unfortunately neglected to take some progress pictures of the upper legs and shoulder piece progress.

KCvSPwF.jpg
SBILIVm.jpg
ISjLJvB.jpg
More detail progress.

Attachments

• COqbGOG.jpg
    COqbGOG.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 189
Bonus photos.

Since I couldn't bear to use that mask again (incredibly heavy) here is how the costume has been re-purposed over the last two years.

2nd year cosplaying - I created a Turian helmet out of foam, added shoulder pieces from a different Turian character's armour (Garrus) for more mobility. Added fans so I wouldn't get heatstroke again. Installed brighter lights. Also made a Phaeston rifle from the game.
wGgiefO.jpg
mlMpYcq.jpg

3rd year cosplaying (this year) I have gone OC and made my own female Turian character.
bvDMAmq.jpg
gCDrOIg.jpg

Hi, this looks amazing, great work! Turians are very difficult to build. I've a full N7 armor, weapons too, so I know the hard work.

Great costumes!

I've been following your thread from the beginning (back when I was just a lurker) and really enjoyed watching your progress. I like your use of paper maché and the paper clay to build up the first mask. What was the masks finished weight? How is the comfort/weight on your OC Turian mask?

-Neroon

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back