Pacific Rim: Uprising, Jaeger Pilot Costume

MikeHall419

Hello! At San Diego Comic Con they had the new Pacific Rim pilot suits on display, and I'm reaching out to anyone trying to make the suit. Hopefully this will be the home to any information, and reference towards the new suits. If anyone has good pictures, or is building the suit already please share! Thanks Guys!

Back again! Just got reference from my costume-making friend. Hope these help anyone trying to build this suit! Also check out her instagram, she does some really incredible work! @Princesshelicopter . I'll be starting on the helmet 3D model pretty soon! I'll post pictures as I go. IMG_7861.jpgIMG_7860.jpgIMG_7859.jpgIMG_7862.jpgIMG_7863.jpgIMG_7864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmet4.pngHelmet3.pngHelmet2.pngHelmet1.pngHelmet5.pngBack with an update! Here's my representation of the new Jaeger pilot helmet. Its not totally accurate, but I really like how it turned out. I'm currently scaling it, and printing test parts. I made this in Fusion 360, but I imported it into Meshmixer because I think it looks much more accurate to how it will look once printed out. Let me know what you guys think! If you want more regular updates on this project, follow my instagram @paragon_Studios2016

Also, here's a link to a short video I made of the file doing a couple 360 degree views, with some killer music from the first movie!

https://www.instagram.com/paragon_studios2016/?hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
I scaled mine by a factor of 1.3, I don't have all the parts on yet, but it fits perfectly! I can tell because of certain clearances that everything will fit exactly how I want. : ) I also started modeling the forearms on this costume using a rough sketch I made. With the hand plate, I'll print it flat, then heat-form it Forearm 1.pngto my hand shape with the glove on that I will attach them to with a heat gun. That method always works amazing with thin parts, but the large forearm part has a cut out that matches my left arm's contour. The right will be mirrored, so I don't have to do anything twice. Helmet Assembly 1.pngIMG_8044.jpg

hello there my name is jeinky and i am also building the new pilot suit from Pacific_Rim_Uprising
here are some of the photos i found of the backpack IMG_1517.jpg IMG_0104.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and here are some of the arms.
IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0108.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back