The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread

The14thDr

Sr Member
I'll kick this one off with the best two images I've been able to find so far.
408ec9de5ec68f5118dbea22f3575c2f.jpg

8f902c0b8c01bdb9d95c2933db94c0d9.png

I think movie-wise, it's not full spandex. It's probably part spandex, part metal. Check out the shoulders. They look like they've got slits to allow for mobility.
I agree, those shoulders are definitely segmented to allow for movement. I suppose it kind of makes sense that the newest suit would be more armoured for a full-on member of the Avengers.

So apparently it's black, not dark blue.
To me, the not-red parts look like a really dark, greyish-blue colour. It's also interesting to note that the spider emblem is the same colour as the not-red parts of the suit.

I really like this design so far and I hope it gets some serious usage in the next Avengers film (my theory is that Peter will use the normal Stark suit for most of the movie, then switch to the Iron Spider for the big battle at the end, like Tony with his Mk.7 in Avengers Assemble and the Mk.45 in Age of Ultron)

Last edited:
So I think everyone knows that the first trailer dropped today, showing off some great views of the Iron Spider Suit.

All I have so is the one image, but I’ll hopefully get round to screencapping the whole trailer later on.
fc9747dcdb8d4623520a7d0de8bac3f7.jpg

I have some ideas on this.... does anyone know if you can buy un sewn suits anywhere? Like just the pattern printed on to a sheet of lycra

I have some ideas on this.... does anyone know if you can buy un sewn suits anywhere? Like just the pattern printed on to a sheet of lycra

Fabric On Demand. I heard that zentai zentai could as well but you'd be much better off going with FOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabric On Demand. I heard that zentai zentai could as well but you'd be much better off going with FOD

I think that RPC does prints only but I'm not sure if Zentaizone or zentai-zentai does it too

Fantastic, thanks guys!! I'm curious what you might think of my idea, although I'm not sure I'll be able to communicate it well on here.

You buy a printed, unsewn suit (once accurate patterns are available), and red metallic spandex. You use the existing print as a guide and also a base for the red parts. You use some sort of interfacing, I'm not sure what as it would have to be the proper thickness without being too stiff, and quilt the metallic spandex onto the suit pattern, and then saw the pattern together. I'm not sure what one would do with the gold parts, but I think metallic puffy paint would work well for the blue pieces.

I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm saying. I have only a little bit of experience sewing, and no experience either lycra/spandex

Fantastic, thanks guys!! I'm curious what you might think of my idea, although I'm not sure I'll be able to communicate it well on here.

You buy a printed, unsewn suit (once accurate patterns are available), and red metallic spandex. You use the existing print as a guide and also a base for the red parts. You use some sort of interfacing, I'm not sure what as it would have to be the proper thickness without being too stiff, and quilt the metallic spandex onto the suit pattern, and then saw the pattern together. I'm not sure what one would do with the gold parts, but I think metallic puffy paint would work well for the blue pieces.

I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm saying. I have only a little bit of experience sewing, and no experience either lycra/spandex

I see what you're thinking, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to make the suit from scratch using the mettalic soandex

I see what you're thinking, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to make the suit from scratch using the mettalic soandex

Haha honestly it's so complex of a design that I don't think I'd be able to draft a pattern from scratch. Also you would use the blue part for the completed costume.

I think movie-wise, it's not full spandex. It's probably part spandex, part metal. Check out the shoulders. They look like they've got slits to allow for mobility.

They wouldn't put metal parts in a costume. These are fabricated many times over.. something moldable and castable. Likely a semirigid urethane for the shoulders. Softer urethane for the details, and of course a specialty ink screen printed fabric.

They wouldn't put metal parts in a costume. These are fabricated many times over.. something moldable and castable. Likely a semirigid urethane for the shoulders. Softer urethane for the details, and of course a specialty ink screen printed fabric.

I was talking about how the suit works in the movie universe where the technology can exist. In the real world, Tom wore a mo-cap suit so what we'll see in the movie is a fully CGI Spider-Man. Unless of course, they had a practical suit but I doubt it. What you mentioned is certainly possible though if a practical suit did exist.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 12.09.12 PM.png

I was talking about how the suit works in the movie universe where the technology can exist. In the real world, Tom wore a mo-cap suit so what we'll see in the movie is a fully CGI Spider-Man. Unless of course, they had a practical suit but I doubt it. What you mentioned is certainly possible though if a practical suit did exist.

A practical suit was made. Whether or not it was used and what it was used for? I don't know.
I wouldn't be surprised to see one on promotional display with the other costumes as we get closer to the films release..

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back