The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread

Hey guys it looks like LEGO minifigs, which are notoriously accurate, suggest that Spidey will have his 4 iron spider legs on the suit. If that's the case, man are we gonna have a challenge ahead. 23966944_2000118856938370_697739088165339136_n.jpg

Do you have a source on that?

A trusted friend and co-worker mentioned work was being done on a "new" Spider-Man suit last January or so. I can only assume it was this new Iron Spider suit. That's the best answer I can give at the moment.

Anyways, sorry to disrupt the thread. Don't really have anything else to add I'm afraid!
I will suggest this though, if anyone decides to replicate the suit.. another good way to approach the trim instead of urethane is a 6lb flexible foam. Pressure cast it and it will be almost as dense as urethane, but it will paint like foam.. much easier to do the chrome/silver accents IMO as I know folks have some trouble painting urethane rubber. It looks to be segmented frequently enough that you could break it into small enough pieces to fit in a decent sized pressure chamber. Just something I have been playing with lately..

Best of luck folks!

Last edited:
nice troll iron spider has 3 iron spider legs not 4...

Oh please *******, thats just the Civil War comic book version you ****in know-it-all. The lego videogames, and marvel cartoons have four legs. That actually makes him a spider, 8 arms and legs, no ****in 7

Oh please *******, thats just the Civil War comic book version you ****in know-it-all. The lego videogames, and marvel cartoons have four legs. That actually makes him a spider, 8 arms and legs, no ****in 7

There were just three in the CW comic? I never noticed that. Dang. I always thought that it was four because it makes more sense

chill bruv no need to get all mad we're a community here i was just pointing something out based on actual facts and not lego remakes so my bad i dont play lego videogames

chill bruv no need to get all mad we're a community here i was just pointing something out based on actual facts and not lego remakes so my bad i dont play lego videogames
and yes i understand that it will make more sense if it had four arms i believe that too but its not my fault that most depictions of him display him with three

Last edited:

Okay yeah, maybe ManticsEnt’s response was a little OTT (especially with all the swearing) but in all fairness you did call him a troll for simply posting one image. It doesn’t matter how many legs the Iron Spider has in the comics. For all any of us know they could’ve changed the number for Avengers.

Okay yeah, maybe ManticsEnt’s response was a little OTT (especially with all the swearing) but in all fairness you did call him a troll for simply posting one image. It doesn’t matter how many legs the Iron Spider has in the comics. For all any of us know they could’ve changed the number for Avengers.
i know in the avengers they could change the number of legs (or not have it at all) but i was just calling that post a troll post (not him) and i thought it was funny, i didnt actually mean it then he took it a bit too far

Last edited:
i just realized that you got that pic off this http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-lego-minifigures-reveal-new-costumes/ right? im pretty sure the pic that you used was fake (because even i the lego video games i saw that he didnt have the legs and like you said official lego minifigs are quite accurate) which means the pic in the article was fake. sorry for thinking that it was yours. next time i wont be so quick to say something and maybe next time you should go about things more calm

I feel like the IW trailer shows off the red parts of the suit with a shine exclusive to metal... We'll probably end up being more. You can see how the web lines are visibly indented, which would be practically impossible with a fabric.

The CW Iron Spider did indeed have 3 legs.

Alright, I'm starting this build as well. The plan SO FAR is: I'm getting a suit from ZZone, using the ArachnidStudios pattern, and then I will be using the zentai suit to pattern out all the panels, then I'd like to try to make them out of foam and wrap em in metallic reflective fabric. When that's done, I'll try to fix the metallic fabric-colored panels on the zentai suit.

We'll see how it goes. I ordered the suit off ZZone today, I'd love to let you all know how it goes ^^

Here's the best closeup we have so far of the IW suit posted by Ryan Meinerding. Seems like it really will be near impossible to replicate that segmented armor look with fabric.

View attachment 785707

Keep in mind this is art, the suit in screencaps of the trailer look smooth rather than textured, and for the life of me I can't see the triangle detailing in the trailer. Of course, the trailer version is most likely not even the finished product either

I feel like the best option for this would be to use fabric, but it would have to be glued (or secured in some other way) to places like the faceshell, shoulder segments, etc, so it would be quite nearly impossible to have the fabric be one single piece.

Also, the Red/Gold/Dark Blue parts of the suit look separated, so maybe sewing it by color could work out?
–5P1D3RM4N

Keep in mind this is art, the suit in screencaps of the trailer look smooth rather than textured, and for the life of me I can't see the triangle detailing in the trailer. Of course, the trailer version is most likely not even the finished product either

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back