Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member maffhewdc's Avatar
    Dec 14, 2017, 11:26 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #26

ManticsEnt said: View Post
    Oh please *******, thats just the Civil War comic book version you ****in know-it-all. The lego videogames, and marvel cartoons have four legs. That actually makes him a spider, 8 arms and legs, no ****in 7
    There were just three in the CW comic? I never noticed that. Dang. I always thought that it was four because it makes more sense
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Dec 14, 2017, 11:33 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #27

Oh please *******, thats just the Civil War comic book version you ****in know-it-all. The lego videogames, and marvel cartoons have four legs. That actually makes him a spider, 8 arms and legs, no ****in 7
    chill bruv no need to get all mad we're a community here i was just pointing something out based on actual facts and not lego remakes so my bad i dont play lego videogames
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Dec 14, 2017, 11:38 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #28

Minh131 said: View Post
    chill bruv no need to get all mad we're a community here i was just pointing something out based on actual facts and not lego remakes so my bad i dont play lego videogames
    and yes i understand that it will make more sense if it had four arms i believe that too but its not my fault that most depictions of him display him with three
    Last edited by Minh131; Dec 14, 2017 at 11:45 AM.
    Dec 14, 2017, 12:16 PM - The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #29

Okay yeah, maybe ManticsEnt’s response was a little OTT (especially with all the swearing) but in all fairness you did call him a troll for simply posting one image. It doesn’t matter how many legs the Iron Spider has in the comics. For all any of us know they could’ve changed the number for Avengers.
    Dec 14, 2017, 2:13 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #30

It's a fan made custom minifigure anyway, so it doesn't even matter guys
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Dec 14, 2017, 11:54 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #31

doctorDWwho said: View Post
    It's a fan made custom minifigure anyway, so it doesn't even matter guys
    I know which is exactly why i called him out on it cause he was implying that it was real
    Last edited by Minh131; Dec 15, 2017 at 12:06 AM.
  7. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Dec 14, 2017, 11:59 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #32

The14thDr said: View Post
    Okay yeah, maybe ManticsEnt’s response was a little OTT (especially with all the swearing) but in all fairness you did call him a troll for simply posting one image. It doesn’t matter how many legs the Iron Spider has in the comics. For all any of us know they could’ve changed the number for Avengers.
    i know in the avengers they could change the number of legs (or not have it at all) but i was just calling that post a troll post (not him) and i thought it was funny, i didnt actually mean it then he took it a bit too far
    Last edited by Minh131; Dec 15, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
  8. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Dec 15, 2017, 12:19 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #33

i just realized that you got that pic off this http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...-new-costumes/ right? im pretty sure the pic that you used was fake (because even i the lego video games i saw that he didnt have the legs and like you said official lego minifigs are quite accurate) which means the pic in the article was fake. sorry for thinking that it was yours. next time i wont be so quick to say something and maybe next time you should go about things more calm
  9. RPF Premium Member maffhewdc's Avatar
    Dec 15, 2017, 12:51 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #34

We're all good here now. No need to further talk about the responses and whatever happened. Let's keep this thread about MCU Iron Spider.
    From
    Queens, New York
    3 Weeks Ago  Dec 27, 2017, 3:04 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #35

I feel like the IW trailer shows off the red parts of the suit with a shine exclusive to metal... We'll probably end up being more. You can see how the web lines are visibly indented, which would be practically impossible with a fabric.

The CW Iron Spider did indeed have 3 legs.
    3 Weeks Ago  Dec 27, 2017, 9:39 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #36

5P1D3RM4N said: View Post
    You can see how the web lines are visibly indented, which would be practically impossible with a fabric.
    That's why I thought of quilting it with foam or some sort of interfacing.
    3 Weeks Ago  Dec 28, 2017, 7:57 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #37

Alright, I'm starting this build as well. The plan SO FAR is: I'm getting a suit from ZZone, using the ArachnidStudios pattern, and then I will be using the zentai suit to pattern out all the panels, then I'd like to try to make them out of foam and wrap em in metallic reflective fabric. When that's done, I'll try to fix the metallic fabric-colored panels on the zentai suit.

We'll see how it goes. I ordered the suit off ZZone today, I'd love to let you all know how it goes ^^
  13. RPF Premium Member maffhewdc's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Jan 7, 2018, 6:02 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #38

Here's the best closeup we have so far of the IW suit posted by Ryan Meinerding. Seems like it really will be near impossible to replicate that segmented armor look with fabric.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.00.18 AM.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	655.0 KB 
ID:	785707
    1 Week Ago  Jan 10, 2018, 1:22 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #39

matthewdelacruz said: View Post
    Here's the best closeup we have so far of the IW suit posted by Ryan Meinerding. Seems like it really will be near impossible to replicate that segmented armor look with fabric.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.00.18 AM.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	655.0 KB 
ID:	785707
    Keep in mind this is art, the suit in screencaps of the trailer look smooth rather than textured, and for the life of me I can't see the triangle detailing in the trailer. Of course, the trailer version is most likely not even the finished product either
    From
    Queens, New York
    1 Week Ago  Jan 11, 2018, 2:05 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #40

I feel like the best option for this would be to use fabric, but it would have to be glued (or secured in some other way) to places like the faceshell, shoulder segments, etc, so it would be quite nearly impossible to have the fabric be one single piece.

Also, the Red/Gold/Dark Blue parts of the suit look separated, so maybe sewing it by color could work out?
    –5P1D3RM4N

Keep in mind this is art, the suit in screencaps of the trailer look smooth rather than textured, and for the life of me I can't see the triangle detailing in the trailer. Of course, the trailer version is most likely not even the finished product either
  16. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 8:19 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #41

new lego set images reveal the iron spider to have the four robotic legs, damn we in for a treat now and sorry to the dude who i said was trolling. now its just a matter of time before we see it in action in alll its glory
    6 Days Ago  Jan 14, 2018, 4:40 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #42

Turns out those images of the Lego Iron Spider were real.
    This is a leaked image from an upcoming lego set..

Name:	LEGO-Infinity-War-3.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	787260
    5 Days Ago  Jan 15, 2018, 9:54 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #43

new lego set images reveal the iron spider to have the four robotic legs, damn we in for a treat now and sorry to the dude who i said was trolling. now its just a matter of time before we see it in action in alll its glory
    Well the figure posted originally is fake, so....
    But I can't wait for the next trailer or poster so we can see what they look like, how they're jointed etc.

Frixcon said: View Post

Assuming the figure holds true to the movie one, I'm pretty disappointed that it has four legs rather than three. Yeah it makes more sense for "spider"-Man to have eight legs, but the three extra legs were cool and unique
  19. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    5 Days Ago  Jan 15, 2018, 10:02 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #44

Well the figure posted originally is fake, so....
    But I can't wait for the next trailer or poster so we can see what they look like, how they're jointed etc.

Assuming the figure holds true to the movie one, I'm pretty disappointed that it has four legs rather than three. Yeah it makes more sense for "spider"-Man to have eight legs, but the three extra legs were cool and unique
    glad you confirmed that
    5 Days Ago  Jan 15, 2018, 10:07 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #45

glad you confirmed that
    Sorry, confirmed what?
    5 Days Ago  Jan 15, 2018, 6:37 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #46

The existing Iron Spider lego minifigure already had 4 arms, while he was always supposed to have 3. They may have just used the existing part so they didn't have to make a new one. He could still be comic-accurate in the actual movie.
    5 Days Ago  Jan 15, 2018, 8:47 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #47

Frixcon said: View Post

Spoilers -_-
    4 Days Ago  Jan 16, 2018, 5:20 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #48

BobbyS95 said: View Post
    Spoilers -_-
    Sorry, but you're in a thread for a costume from an unreleased movie..Of course there's going to be minor spoilers to get that costume right.
    That being said, it barely shows anything that wasn't already publicly known.