Subscribe
    Jul 28, 2017, 3:06 PM - The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #1

I'll kick this one off with the best two images I've been able to find so far.

Jul 28, 2017, 8:04 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #2

I think movie-wise, it's not full spandex. It's probably part spandex, part metal. Check out the shoulders. They look like they've got slits to allow for mobility.
    Jul 28, 2017, 11:15 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #3

So apparently it's black, not dark blue.
    Jul 29, 2017, 5:29 AM - The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #4

matthewdelacruz said: View Post
    I think movie-wise, it's not full spandex. It's probably part spandex, part metal. Check out the shoulders. They look like they've got slits to allow for mobility.
    I agree, those shoulders are definitely segmented to allow for movement. I suppose it kind of makes sense that the newest suit would be more armoured for a full-on member of the Avengers.

doctorDWwho said: View Post
    So apparently it's black, not dark blue.
    To me, the not-red parts look like a really dark, greyish-blue colour. It's also interesting to note that the spider emblem is the same colour as the not-red parts of the suit.

I really like this design so far and I hope it gets some serious usage in the next Avengers film (my theory is that Peter will use the normal Stark suit for most of the movie, then switch to the Iron Spider for the big battle at the end, like Tony with his Mk.7 in Avengers Assemble and the Mk.45 in Age of Ultron)
    Last edited by The14thDr; Oct 4, 2017 at 1:18 PM.
    Oct 4, 2017, 12:44 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #5

So can we all agree that the texture on the entire suit (red and blue/dark blue/black parts) are just a dotted pattern?
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Oct 31, 2017, 8:15 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #6

You have file this pattern ?
    Nov 4, 2017, 6:49 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #7

Junior Kerger said: View Post
    You have file this pattern ?
    Not as far as I know. Thereís still very little reference material for this suit, so it may be a while before anyone can put together an accurate pattern.
    1 Week Ago  Nov 30, 2017, 7:39 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #8

So I think everyone knows that the first trailer dropped today, showing off some great views of the Iron Spider Suit.

All I have so is the one image, but Iíll hopefully get round to screencapping the whole trailer later on.
    From
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:40 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #9

makes me think of all new spidey
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 12:35 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #10

1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 1:50 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #11

I have some ideas on this.... does anyone know if you can buy un sewn suits anywhere? Like just the pattern printed on to a sheet of lycra
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 3:03 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #12

I have some ideas on this.... does anyone know if you can buy un sewn suits anywhere? Like just the pattern printed on to a sheet of lycra
    Fabric On Demand. I heard that zentai zentai could as well but you'd be much better off going with FOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 3:03 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #13

I think that RPC does prints only but I'm not sure if Zentaizone or zentai-zentai does it too
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 6:12 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #14

MegaLEGOFilms said: View Post
    Fabric On Demand. I heard that zentai zentai could as well but you'd be much better off going with FOD

matthewdelacruz said: View Post
    I think that RPC does prints only but I'm not sure if Zentaizone or zentai-zentai does it too
    Fantastic, thanks guys!! I'm curious what you might think of my idea, although I'm not sure I'll be able to communicate it well on here.

You buy a printed, unsewn suit (once accurate patterns are available), and red metallic spandex. You use the existing print as a guide and also a base for the red parts. You use some sort of interfacing, I'm not sure what as it would have to be the proper thickness without being too stiff, and quilt the metallic spandex onto the suit pattern, and then saw the pattern together. I'm not sure what one would do with the gold parts, but I think metallic puffy paint would work well for the blue pieces.

I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm saying. I have only a little bit of experience sewing, and no experience either lycra/spandex
    1 Day Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 6:15 PM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #15

Fantastic, thanks guys!! I'm curious what you might think of my idea, although I'm not sure I'll be able to communicate it well on here.

You buy a printed, unsewn suit (once accurate patterns are available), and red metallic spandex. You use the existing print as a guide and also a base for the red parts. You use some sort of interfacing, I'm not sure what as it would have to be the proper thickness without being too stiff, and quilt the metallic spandex onto the suit pattern, and then saw the pattern together. I'm not sure what one would do with the gold parts, but I think metallic puffy paint would work well for the blue pieces.

I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm saying. I have only a little bit of experience sewing, and no experience either lycra/spandex
    I see what you're thinking, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to make the suit from scratch using the mettalic soandex

16. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    8 Hours Ago  Dec 12, 2017, 9:52 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #16

Name:  IMG_5669.JPG
Views: 33
Size:  2.21 MB
    i got this awesome red metallic spandex from spotlight
    8 Hours Ago  Dec 12, 2017, 10:44 AM - Re: The Definitive MCU Iron Spider Thread #17

MegaLEGOFilms said: View Post
    I see what you're thinking, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to make the suit from scratch using the mettalic soandex

Haha honestly it's so complex of a design that I don't think I'd be able to draft a pattern from scratch. Also you would use the blue part for the completed costume.