Brian's Blade Runner Builds

Candykiller

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have three different Blade Runner builds on the go at the moment and I will use this thread to post pics of all of them as I make progress. Today’s task was to clean up this piece of junk I picked up from eBay in preparation for recreating this BR 2049 prop.

rt01.jpgrt02.jpgpropref.jpg

And here are a couple of my older scratch-built Blade Runner replicas. I still need to do a bit of ageing on both of these pieces.

body pics.jpg6vkpics.jpggaff06.jpg

rt01.jpg

rt02.jpg

propref.jpg

body pics.jpg

6vkpics.jpg

gaff06.jpg

Attachments

• 6vkpics.psd
    7.9 MB · Views: 855
Last edited by a moderator:
On a separate note, your BR poster is the wallpaper on my tablet - amazing work - thank you for making something so incredible..

Ah, the PRC6/6 banana phone. I have one of those hanging on my workshop wall (don't ask).
Thanks for suggesting my next project dude.

That's the one. I wasn't sure what it was at first when I saw the prop photos from SDCC, but I just knew that I liked it, and wanted to make one!

Amazing stuff. Whats the story on the VK?

The VK machine was primarily built from styrene sheets over a foam-board base with milliput reinforced edges. Here are some construction pics showing the progress…

EDIT - the images seem to display in the wrong order on here for some reason, but you get the idea. :)

vk02.jpgvk09.jpgvk08.jpgvk07.jpgvk06.jpgvk05.jpgvk04.jpgvk03.jpgvk01.jpgvk10.jpg

vk01.jpg

vk02.jpg

vk03.jpg

vk04.jpg

vk05.jpg

vk06.jpg

vk07.jpg

vk08.jpg

vk09.jpg

vk10.jpg

Hi,

I just bought a PRC6 on eBay aswell. I'm really keen to turn it into the BR prop. I see you've stripped yours of the paint. Do you have a special process for that or did you just sand it? Did you find other pictures of the radio prop? I only found a few and they are all more or less taken from the same angle. Does anybody know what the top and backside look like?

Looking forward to your take on the radio!

I just bought a PRC6 on eBay as well. I'm really keen to turn it into the BR prop.

I can see all the militaria collectors getting in a huff with us proppies again. It happened with Star Wars blasters and lightsabers as prop builders bought up all the old WW2 gun and photographic kit and prices rocketed. Now it's going to happen again as we grab all the militaria surrounding BR2049. I have seen the number of banana radios on eBay in the past ten days go from a dozens to five or six and mostly priced at double what they were a week ago.

You gotta laugh.

Hi,

I just bought a PRC6 on eBay aswell. I'm really keen to turn it into the BR prop. I see you've stripped yours of the paint. Do you have a special process for that or did you just sand it? Did you find other pictures of the radio prop? I only found a few and they are all more or less taken from the same angle. Does anybody know what the top and backside look like?

Looking forward to your take on the radio!

I brushed on a few coats of paint stripper (rinsing and drying between each coat) and finished the job with a bit of light sanding. I’m sure the other reference photos I’ve found are the same ones you’ve already seen, showing the front and part of the top section, but I haven’t managed to find pics of the rear or opposite side.

I’m currently at the planning stages of a scratch-built Officer K blaster, and thought I would share the best reference photos I’ve found so far, in case they are useful to other budding builders out there.

kb01.jpgkb02.jpgkb03.jpgkb04.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here’s a composite image I’ve pieced together to get a sense of the true side view.

composite.jpg

kb01.jpg

kb02.jpg

kb03.jpg

kb04.jpg

composite.jpg

Starting to take shape. The next stage is to paint the “graffiti” then add a few layers of grime and weathering.

rt05.jpg

rt05.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back