Luke Skywalker costume and prop from The Last Jedi - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I'm away from my shop or else I'd make one of these ASAP. But my family wants to be in Florida instead. Why don't they understand that I want to build Luke's walking stick? :)

What do you guys think/guess, is there an eye on both sides?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm away from my shop or else I'd make one of these ASAP. But my family wants to be in Florida instead. Why don't they understand that I want to build Luke's walking stick? :)

What do you guys think/guess, is there an eye on both sides?

I bet both sides. Since it looks like the teeth:mouth would be on the other side as well.

I'm having a hard time seeing the leather straps, it looks very small to me?! Almost like a leather rope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the complete length of it at just about 40" (100cm). That is definitely long for a cane at his height 5'9". But the leather straps are also weird because you wouldn't hold a cane like that. So you might say, "well it's just a longer walking stick, duh!" Well, it's too short for a walking stick too. :)

But as a guy who's made and has completely useless and senseless movie props who knows. So maybe it is, just as others have suggested, a "training staff" that he will beat the crap out of Rey with.

Tl;Dr, it's too long for a cane and to short for a walking stick. But I still like it.

Total Length: 39.37 inch
Head: 4.72 inch
Distance from head to strap: 1.1inch
Leather strap area: 8.66 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn Imperials! Weren't you defeated at the Battle of Endor?

I barely get by with metric lol I'm use to 10-12-13-14mm stuff here. That's the most common bolts on most vehicles here in the states now

Other then those sizes I'm screwed lol

I barely get by with metric lol I'm use to 10-12-13-14mm stuff here. That's the most common bolts on most vehicles here in the states now

Other then those sizes I'm screwed lol
I agree, I'm in Indiana but 100cm sounds a lot better than 39.37 inches :)

https://imgur.com/a/GhIb0

Mark 1 of the top (Which we should call the dragon:)). I wanted to play with it some and get the details were I want them. This is a first try. Also, pay no attention to the stain I used. I just added some to highlight the areas. It was for my benefit only. I'll do some stain color research later.

I wonder....... what if it does this ? image.png

https://imgur.com/a/GhIb0

Mark 1 of the top (Which we should call the dragon:)). I wanted to play with it some and get the details were I want them. This is a first try. Also, pay no attention to the stain I used. I just added some to highlight the areas. It was for my benefit only. I'll do some stain color research later.

Wicked!! Is that done by hand or Cnc?!

Wicked!! Is that done by hand or Cnc?!

By hand. I really think the rough edges of hand carving are going to go a long way to the overall look.

What do you guys think of the look and spacing? This is just a prototype. Would love feedback. I'm going to work on the stain selection on Wednesday. Maybe I should start another thread? I feel like I hijacked this one. Sorry.

Last edited:
By hand. I really think the rough edges of hand carving are going to go a long way to the overall look.

What do you guys think of the look and spacing? This is just a prototype. Would love feedback. I'm going to work on the stain selection on Wednesday. Maybe I should start another thread? I feel like I hijacked this one. Sorry.

Holy crap! That's amazing for hand work!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back